DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

I tell you what: FSU is a much better team than Auburn, man for man. It's not even close. But much like Ohio State heading into tonigh, I think FSU has gone through this whole season without really being challenged by another great team, and Auburn is riding the lightning.

So your title game is Florida State (ACC Champ)/Auburn (SEC Champ).

Your Rose Bowl is Stanford (Pac 12 Champ)/Michigan State (B1G Champ) (which is going to be fun to watch, too).

Your Fiesta Bowl is Baylor (Big 12 Champ)/Central Florida (AAC Champ).

Have to assume that Alabama and Ohio State are in as two of the at-large teams for the Sugar and Orange. Going to be interesting to see who the other two choices are.

I will be the one who says this, but MSU and Baylor are both better than Auburn. 100 points in the SEC title game? If this was any other conference, the media would be claiming the defenses were too shitty to play in the title game. But since it's the SEC, that's quality football.

I will be the one who says this, but MSU and Baylor are both better than Auburn. 100 points in the SEC title game? If this was any other conference, the media would be claiming the defenses were too shitty to play in the title game. But since it's the SEC, that's quality football.

Eh, the same was said about the Auburn team with Cam Newton.. that they were a one man team and Oregon was going to do x, y, z against their defense and they didn't. Oregon played ok but for the most part Auburn which was not a great defensive team (by SEC standards) still shut them down.

Last year Johnny Football threw all over Bama's defense. LSU threw on Bama. Georgia threw on Bama. We get to the title game and what happens? Their defense completely shuts down Notre Dame.

It's a different level of football because it IS a different level of football. With that said, FSU is probably the most legit non-SEC team I've seen in a long time. Winston is great and their wide receivers are nearly unstoppable. I think FSU takes this.

I will say one thing. Thanks to tOSU losing we got out of the last BCS clusterfuck with only a bare minimum amount of controversy. So we have Sparty to thank for that.

I would be more inclined to pick Auburn over FSU if they could even play a tiny amount of defense.

I've said all along that the only team that can match Florida State straight up is Alabama. I've said all season long that those are the best 2 teams in the country, and I still believe that now that everything has played out.

That said, if I had to pick one team besides Alabama that could give FSU a game, it's Auburn. That offense is an equalizer.