DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2023

I think they have almost all of them. I've been scrolling through and on my down time ive watched Justice League : Doom, Justice League Dar: Apokolips War, Injustice, Justice League v Teen Titans, Teen Titans : The Judas Project and Justice League: War.  All of them have been awesome.

I have The Long Halloween parts 1 and 2 queued for this weekend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I think they have almost all of them. I've been scrolling through and on my down time ive watched Justice League : Doom, Justice League Dar: Apokolips War, Injustice, Justice League v Teen Titans, Teen Titans : The Judas Project and Justice League: War.  All of them have been awesome.

I have The Long Halloween parts 1 and 2 queued for this weekend.

Of the ones you've seen, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War was the best. In for a treat with Batman: The Long Halloween. Have you seen Teen Titans Go! To The Movies? That's both hilarious and dark too with THAT montage.

I truly enjoyed all of them, but Apokolips War, Doom That Came to Gotham and Injustice have been my top so far.   MAX also has the entire run of BTAS, so i might start that sometime soon as well.  

DC's animated game is unbelievable.  I can't believe I've slept on it for so long, considering how much I absolutely love Mask of the Phantasm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I truly enjoyed all of them, but Apokolips War, Doom That Came to Gotham and Injustice have been my top so far.   MAX also has the entire run of BTAS, so i might start that sometime soon as well.  

DC's animated game is unbelievable.  I can't believe I've slept on it for so long, considering how much I absolutely love Mask of the Phantasm.

Take it you've seen the ones I listed?

I honestly think Batman has the best movie (The Dark Knight), animated movie (Batman: Mask of the Phantasm), animated series (Batman: The Animated Series) and videogame (Batman: Arkham Asylum) out of them all.

Edited by The Natural

On 7/6/2023 at 12:00 PM, The Natural said:

Will have to check out. As a lifelong Batman fan, I'm so grateful how many great Batman animated movies he's had. I'd rank them as:

5. Batman: Year One (2011).

4. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (2012-2013).

3. Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010).

2. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2000) *Uncut Version.*

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993).

Honourable mention:

Batman: The Long Halloween (2021).

Still need to see Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2019).

Natural,  to be perfectly honest, I've only seen Red Hood and Mask of the Phantasm.  I'm going to check MAX tonight and see if these others are on there and report back, thanks for the rec's

• Like 1

Just now, StuntmanCrowley said:

Natural,  to be perfectly honest, I've only seen Red Hood and Mask of the Phantasm.  I'm going to check MAX tonight and see if these others are on there and report back, thanks for the rec's

Happy to help, enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, J.T. said:

And a third.  The uncut version of BB: Return of the Joker is fucking awesome.

Is the uncut version the one on Max? If not where do I track it down?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 5:55 PM, BrianS81177 said:

I'll throw out a second recommendation for BB: Return of the Joker. I had never seen Beyond before and I still greatly enjoyed it. 

On 7/24/2023 at 8:09 PM, J.T. said:

And a third.  The uncut version of BB: Return of the Joker is fucking awesome.

The uncut version of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is fantastic. Our Family Memories has always stayed with me.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:43 PM, tbarrie said:

I'm wondering if I actually saw the cut version of Return of the Joker, because I remember liking it but not being blown away or anything.

The biggest difference between the two is the final confrontation between Batman and The Joker:

Spoiler

Batman throws a knife at the Joker seeing what he's done to Robin.

Our Family Memories shows Robin getting shocks.

The Joker slashes Batman across the chest with a knife and stabs him in the leg.

The Joker's death. Robin shoots Joker with Joker's spear gun to the chest like Joker did to Bonk earlier in the film killing him. In the edited version, Robin pushes Joker into the chemicals and he dies by electrocution.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Finally.   Queer representation I can identify with:

the_brain_and_monsieur_mallah__by_hsomeg

Brain and Mallah dueting on that episode of Doom Patrol remains my favorite thing from the series

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...