DVDVR Message Board

2023 Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Mr. Monday Morning said:

Well that was going great until the end. Hope it's not too serious but it doesn't look good.

As for the post-match - yikes.

Having just saw this...."What is tone deaf, Alex? I'll take 4 Letter Words for 600."

It was an elbow dislocation. Probably not as gnarly as the one that happened in the UFC a couple weeks ago, but an elbow dislocation nonetheless. Dumb spot, but with that many folks catching you, you wouldn't expect that to happen.

4 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Or or or...Saya Iida and Lady C and whoever else ain't doing nothing wrestle in every match as one of the Machines. Bringing back that 40+ plus year gag is very Rossy Ogawa.

I actually like seeing the Machines.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I actually like seeing the Machines.

I don't mind them at all but call them Super Short Strong Machine and Super Tall Scrawny Machine. Change it up a little.

• Haha 1

I just assumed it's because she's English. Much like Regal and Dave Taylor back in the day. But it's probably her trying to look "hot" when posing for pics. It's a thin line between blue steel and who smelt it, dealt it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2023 at 5:43 PM, Ramo2653 said:

I just assumed it's because she's English. Much like Regal and Dave Taylor back in the day. But it's probably her trying to look "hot" when posing for pics. It's a thin line between blue steel and who smelt it, dealt it.

Funny you should mention that...

I would say Russo and Ed Ferrara are ghost writing Stardom, but Mina is way too invested for this to NOT be her idea.

• Haha 3

For @DreamBroken and @porksweats, Mia Friday is getting another match in Ice Ribbon. She'll be on the dojo show on Saturday, in the third match teaming with Yappy against Tsukina Umino & Sumika Yanagawa, which is streaming on their YouTube member service. The whole card looks pretty solid as there's an Ancham vs. Misa Kagura singles match, and Arisa Shinose gets to main event teaming with Kaho Matsushita against YuuRI & Aoi.

Of course, Arisa might still be a little sore after Ibuki Hoshi gave her a few good chops at today's Asuka Pro show. Yikes.

• Like 2

I don't know how they decide on these things and the behind-the-scenes of it but that's actually a pretty big deal. Usually only the tippy top wrestlers get 16d figures, I'll definitely be getting one.

I uh found online all of the Evolution shows floating around but I can't for the life of me find where they were originally broadcast. Their youtube only has digests, anyone know where or how they aired? I tracked down the Hot Shushu events since they are on DVD, I like collecting obscure Joshi promotion events if I can find them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I don't know how they decide on these things and the behind-the-scenes of it but that's actually a pretty big deal. Usually only the tippy top wrestlers get 16d figures, I'll definitely be getting one.

She has been one of their most popular wrestlers for years even before BR bought Stardom. It makes sense that it would happen eventually.

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I uh found online all of the Evolution shows floating around but I can't for the life of me find where they were originally broadcast. Their youtube only has digests, anyone know where or how they aired? I tracked down the Hot Shushu events since they are on DVD, I like collecting obscure Joshi promotion events if I can find them.

I think they are being leaked from the fanclub site? Do these match up? https://evolutionofficialfc.com/movie

2 hours ago, lostinube said:

I think they are being leaked from the fanclub site? Do these match up? https://evolutionofficialfc.com/movie

Ah that looks right. I've never minded signing up for obscure wrestling services if they let me to watch wrestling (and give a little support) but they need to market it a little better, I've always been interested in the lower wrestling promotions just to see what they are bringing to the table. And its only 500 yen a month.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

She has been one of their most popular wrestlers for years even before BR bought Stardom. It makes sense that it would happen eventually.

No argument there, but as far as I know she's only the second female wrestler to get one, so still a pretty notable accomplishment. I think she's great, I'm mostly curious with her if Sonny's prior assessment of her (that she is too small/short to be the Ace) still holds true, even though she is really popular she still hasn't really risen up the card. Not that "popular upper midcarder that sells tons of merch" is a terrible spot, just interested to see if she ever gets a shot at the top.

27 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Ah that looks right. I've never minded signing up for obscure wrestling services if they let me to watch wrestling (and give a little support) but they need to market it a little better, I've always been interested in the lower wrestling promotions just to see what they are bringing to the table. And its only 500 yen a month.

They don't directly link to the fanclub on their twitter or youtube so yeah, they could improve their own visibility. And getting actual matches for 500 yen makes it a better deal than the AJPW fan club, which is also at 500 yen. It would be easier if they put the matches on the AJPW TV though (I don't think they are on there).

10 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Hot Shushu is all-gender and the shows are WEIRD. Like it's pretty obvious that Chiharu has a strange sense of humor. Worth giving a shot if you like Japanese sleaze-level indies but if you're going in expecting joshi you'll get thrown a curveball by the two or three men's matches on the show.

• Like 1

Acvording to Da Meltz Saya Kamitani was supposed to win the 5 Star (something alot of people figured) but her injury has forced the whole tourney to be rebooked.

Poor Saya!

James

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Acvording to Da Meltz Saya Kamitani was supposed to win the 5 Star (something alot of people figured) but her injury has forced the whole tourney to be rebooked.

Poor Saya!

James

This feels like bs considering how Utami, Maika, and Suzu have been built up. Meltzer's Stardom rumors are always so off.

Some more New Blood events planned. Stardom in Showcase was quietly ended months ago.

The SWA title is still vacant. The World, IWGP Women's, Strong are the top 3 singles titles for now.

Utami's new finisher is inspired by Shayna Baszler.

Two of the rookies are in the Independent Unit, the generic place to put women not assigned to the real units.

TJPW has two new rookies, one is their first non native rookie, some white woman.

From Australia, 26, Kira. She is practicing with Uta of UUG.

Born in Osaka, Chika, 19.

TPC matches

Spoiler

Yuki Arai won.

Kamifuku won, i felt that would happen.. I don't buy into the notions Koda wants to push Miu, he is one of those carnys who means the opp of what he says. Just placating Miu fans too.

I love Kamifuku.

Miyu the ace beat Moka.

I'm happy Rika won. 

So the semi finals of TPC 2023 are set.

Edited by 赤い竜