DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Well, the trailer from the Satosh Kojima / Jordan Peele collab, OD World, was... interesting.   Good to know that Udo Kier is still alive and earning paychecks.

Edited by J.T.

12 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Blade slicing fools in Paris?  Sure, count me in.

FUCK YEAH~!

This game will be out before the movie is.  I will still be happy either way... if I am not 99 years old.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Tons of other people are going to disagree with me here, but I've been dreaming of a game with this exact concept for 15 years, so no game called out to me like this one did.

https://youtu.be/UinsNBOTNyU?si=DcLPy4UOcSTfDkBg

Ok, yeah, I'm so getting that.

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

From hello games

For those not in tune - Hello Games are the No Man Sky folks

Light No Fire appears to be NMS but if it was concentrated only on one planet

The Casting of Frank Stone

Hey Kids! We know who David Kushner is! Please play our game!

(I mean its Supermassive so they kinda have a built in audience anyway)

• Like 1

There are new shots and official posters from FF VII: Rebirth of Vincent Valentine and Cid Highwind, and old school me is boggling at how we can finally have games that play like Advent Children looked (*cough mutter*) years ago.

Rogue-lites as DLC for single player games >>>>>>>>>> multiplayer DLC for single player games. 

I'm curious to see what comes of the 3D Streets of Rage, especially after how great SoR4 was but also how great something like Sifu is 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1

I added it to my Steam wishlist ever since I found out.  I considered getting it on the Autumn sale but I spent quite a bit as it was so I'm hoping on the next sale to check it out.  But it does look really neat and seems to tick all the right boxes.

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I added it to my Steam wishlist ever since I found out.  I considered getting it on the Autumn sale but I spent quite a bit as it was so I'm hoping on the next sale to check it out.  But it does look really neat and seems to tick all the right boxes.

I'm not the biggest fan but I thought it did pretty well.

A Youtuber I like, however, is a huge fan of Jet Set Radio and made her own take, which I recommend watching when you have about 23 spare minutes (no spoilers contained therein):

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:06 AM, J.T. said:

Well, the trailer from the Satosh Kojima / Jordan Peele collab, OD World, was... interesting.   Good to know that Udo Kier is still alive and earning paychecks.

I'm rather disappointed we didn't get a Death Stranding 2 trailer. OD completely underwhelmed me and looked like a FMV game. With it being on Xbox, it may not come out given Microsoft's track record of announcing games with a lot of hype and you then hearing nothing for years. I'm still waiting on Everwild, Perfect Dark, Contraband, Clockwork Revolution, Fable, South of Midnight, and Stalker 2 to get more trailers and a release date. But Microsoft will have them on GamePass.

Based on what I saw with Hellblade II, I'm highly doubtful it's coming in 2024. Just "2024" as a release year doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Also, I didn't know Satoshi Kojima did video games! Including elbowing CM Punk in the dick, he makes video games! What a talented guy!

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Also, I didn't know Satoshi Kojima did video games! Including elbowing CM Punk in the dick, he makes video games! What a talented guy!

I am old and I have been on night duty for two weeks straight.  These moments are to be expected.

You understood the Commander's intent.  That's all that matters.

Technically, I've been on night duty only a week, but the other week I was on day shift at Chitose AFB in Japan, so it may as well have been night duty as far as the effect it has had on my body clock goes now that I am back stateside.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am old and I have been on night duty for two weeks straight.  These moments are to be expected.

You understood the Commander's intent.  That's all that matters.

Technically, I've been on night duty only a week, but the other week I was on day shift at Chitose AFB in Japan, so it may as well have been night duty as far as the effect it has had on my body clock goes now that I am back stateside.

I'm also old so I understand. I almost said FMW instead of FMV. Why the hell would FMW make video games I don't know.

When GTAVII is out, I may be having to take arthritis medicine and use dentures.

• Haha 2

After over a year of radio silence, Paradox Interactive and The Chinese Room unveiled the Ventrue as the fourth and final playable launch clan for VtM: Bloodlines 2.  The other announced clans were the Brujah, Tremere, and the Banu Haqim.

And then the fucking liars said that this game would be out by Fall 2014.  In order to meet this release date, Paradox decided that the clans previously listed as playable (Nosferatu, Malkavian, Gangrel) will be released as future DLC.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

After over a year of radio silence, Paradox Interactive and The Chinese Room unveiled the Ventrue as the fourth and final playable launch clan for VtM: Bloodlines 2.

And then the fucking liars said that this game would be out by Fall 2014.

30881181655_5ed1c85d9e_b.jpg

(Sorry J.T., DVDVR Old People are us)

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I had started firing up the reply to mock before scrolling to read the rest of the thread

I am old but I will always be younger than JT

There are ways for JT, ever heard of time dilation? He just needs a space ship to fly a couple of years close to the speed-of-light, and voilà.

• Haha 2

Some other stuff that was announced

Visions of Mana

Let's see if I continue my streak of starting but never finishing a Mana game

------------------------

Windblown

Was not expecting this to be the next game from the Dead Cells folks but here we are

-----------------------

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

I am still not ready to play the first one so who knows when I will get to this