DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Without offering an opinion on the Anderson situation, I'll just say that I'm surprised Stroman is pushing this "you can't suspend someone for language" horseshit. Is the implication that he thought it was fine when Pillar was throwing around homophobic slurs a couple years ago? Or did he forget? Probably the former. "Normal slang trash talk" is a likely pretty wide net. Also, Marcus Stroman not believing in "beef" is a lark. What's next? The sky is green? Of course I've been done with Stroman since he cropped his dog's ears, so I'm a little biased and have an ax to grind.
  3. Speaking of bonus reviews, if anyone is thinking about it but doesn't want to tackle two features, there is plenty of TV stuff to go through. Just off the top of my head: Daredevil, Iron Fist, Green Hornet, Kung Fu, Martial Law, Ultraman, Jackie Chan Adventures, Hong Kong Phooey, Power Rangers, Sidekicks, etc etc. Also plenty of other shows that had martial arts themed episodes. CHiPs, Happy Days, Fantasy Island. and on and on.
  4. Thought of you when I was at the WrestleCon Supershow and saw someone in a Coventry kit.
  5. Oh Naked Killer, an awful movie I have fond memories of seeing at the Film Forum James
  6. Beauty Evil Rose? Naked Killer? Don't Give a Damn?
  7. @Stefanie the Human has sent me down a Youtube hole. I rarely go in for fast food, but Corny is getting my cravings going. I'm liable to be super disappointed in about an hour's time.
  8. If your spouse works for the same company, where's the harm of a couple being able to be together on the road? If that's not the case, then yeah, you're going to be away from your spouse. We all understand the nature of the job.
  9. Well first off you have to note he’s not beating Pettersson, and generally speaking he’s probably not beating Binnington either. Those are gonna be 1-2 on most ballots. Then it just becomes “Can you buy someone saying Taichung, Svechnikov, or Heiskanen was better then Dahlin this year” I personally say no. But I don’t think it’s absurd to think some people could think so. All 3 though...
  10. In the comics, SHIELD's acronym has changed at least once, prob more, since it was created in the Silver Age. And if you factor in all the stuff Hickman did, probably a lot more now.
  11. Iron Banner with Double Valor will be next week Bungie has already announced that there will be one more IB after this one this season. They have already announced they will not be bringing back Iron Burden for Season 7
  12. Some sheets suggested that someone in creative didn't believe Rusev "deserved" Lana and some other things people posted here I don't know how much truth if any was behind those reports.
  13. I like the A.I. aspect also. I'm in on the Child's Play reboot.
  14. They wanted to break up the act, not the couple.
  15. You think that's aged poorly? How about Coulson's "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division" bit from the first Iron Man? Fury was calling it Shield all throughout Captain Marvel and I'm sure people who watched the Peggy Carter show can be put me on to other such moments. Good read on Age of Ultron. Even if jokey, toothy Ultron isn't for you and it is a bit of a mess, it's nice to see the movie recognized for some of the better beats Joss got in there. Rewatched Thor: The Dark World. Super bland. The Loki stuff was really good (especially the beat with him and Frigga), but only about 15 minutes of the movie tops. So... whatever. Guardians Vol. 2 is a really strong installment. Thematically strong movie about difficult families that fleshes out the MCU's Nebula and her relationship with Gamora, and has some good Rocket-Quill and Rocket-Yondu dynamics. GotG needle drops are still fun, if a bit easy. There's plenty of colour in the movie. Baby Groot is a hit. And Kurt Russell is in the movie, which is never a bad thing. But GotG Vol. 2 also has some of the most laboured humour in the MCU. There's a lot of good laughs here. There's also a lot of swings and misses. Rocket and Drax spend far too much time laughing uproariously, to the point where I feel like I'm being bullied into finding something amusing. Taserface was rough, no way around it. Dragged so badly you'd think you were watching Peter Griffin selling his knee.
  16. I love that WWE is supposed to give a shit about keeping married couples together when the nature of the job is keeping people on the road, usually away from their spouse.
  17. Discussion: When bad refereeing happens, what's worse: 1) ticky tack bullshit fouls against one team but not the other, or 2) swallowing whistles on obvious fouls on one team but not the other? Obviously, the worst is when it's ticky tack bullshit fouls against one team, and the other team doesn't get anything called against them. I think when they're not calling obvious fouls the game can get dangerous. For example, player drives down the lane for a layup, gets bodied out of bounds. no call. Next time down, hit him harder, they ain't gonna call it. It can escalate. And it can be demoralizing and throw off your rhythm if you're getting bumped every time you take a shot.
  18. There was a lot out there that pointed to them wanting to break up Rusev and Lana.
  19. If you mean Roberts might strangle prostitutes and/or runaways "working" to support drug addictions, then yes.
  20. Reminder - this is the same exact gimmick that Roberts starting doing on the NXT kickoff shows (mainly with him going after Bianca Bel Air for the last two shows) So clearly SOMEONE in the company (whether that just be Sam himself, Michael Cole or someone else) thinks it is a good idea
  21. Prior to Captain Marvel, I made it through Iron Man 3 in rewatching everything MCU. Decided to skip Dark World (don't have a copy anywhere anyway) and Guardians of the Galaxy (which I watch on the occasional lark as it is) and stuck to Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron. First moment from Winter Soldier that stood out from prior viewings was the "Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye" remark, which I'm not sure it quite hangs together in retrospect. Then again, Nick really does like cats, and Goose did a bad bad thing...could be referencing Carol, but that's...I don't know. A stretch. It makes it all the more irksome that we'll probably never get an in-between movie that explains the change in demeanor. Here's hoping for Black Widow... Age of Ultron is better than I remembered. Jokey Ultron with Goddamned Teeth is still the fucking worst, and Quicksilver feels way too flat (which almost serves to telegraph his death), but I forgot how many touches I liked. All the jokes about Hawkeye on the team seem well-placed, but also juxtaposed by the fact that he's the most stable human out of the lot of them, *and* he's the one who not only outfoxes Wanda but also whips her into shape when it's time to call her number. The line about "the scary thing isn't that they don't need you - it's that they do" was pretty well borne out by the events of the film. All the bits with Bruce and Nat are wonderful, and that needs to go somewhere in Endgame. It's past time. Maybe an opportunity for Worldbreaker Hulk to show up if he thinks Thanos has killed her during the big confrontation we know is coming (fuck you spoilers, fuck you spoilers, fuck you spoilers...). The line of Nat's during the party about "the guy who spends his life avoiding the fight because he know he'll win" is maybe the single coolest and on-point thing anyone has ever said about Hulk. But the movie's still kind of a mess, and I think that takes its worst turn by far when Vision pops up. Talk about your deus ex machina. In that sense, the events of Civil War and Infinity War are rather welcome, since we not only see him severely screw up but also get brought back down from Superman levels of ridiculous behavior. And Jokey Ultron...man. The most chilling moment he has in the whole movie is his first one, and it's because that Iron Legionnaire is a shambling wreck. But we've already litigated the "why is Ultron so human?" case. Overall, I feel like this might have been sufficient to bump AoU out of the "don't bother" group and into the "rewatch" category for me, though it's still pretty clearly bottom half and well beneath the "this one sparks joy" group of the top 9 or 10.
  22. because as much as he seemingly loves wrestling, or least WWE, he doesn't truly get it Pretty much what Dolfan said
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?