DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, WSOF, Glory, Invicta, Titan, AXS TV Live Event Discussion Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Warren is a lucky guy. Being in a Bellator has saved him from getting his brain rattled more than it has already. He can beat the mid-tier UFC bantamweights who clearly need to cut down to flyweight and those who just plain stink against decent fighters. But someone like Faber would steal his life.

That's not exactly saying much cause Faber kills just about 99% of everybody on the UFC's roster. 

My point is that Warren wouldn't be fighting the Rafael Silvas of the world. He (Silva) wouldn't make it off the UFC Brazil shows. If you're going five rounds with that type of guy, how are you going to fare against Michael McDonald?

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Sucks for them since that was a somewhat weak card and losing these 2 fights form that card won't be doing them any favors. Plus Guerreiro/Shamhalaev was possibly the best fight on the card.

Horodecki/Sandro is the equivalent of a fight between those guys who at one point were considered high quality prospects and then just fell off.

Patricky Pitbull is injured and out of his tournament final bout with Marcin Held at Bellator 120.  The fight is being postponed for a later date.  Shahbulat Shamhalaev vs. Fabricio Guerreiro has been moved to the Spike TV prelims now.

Guest Edwin

Bellator opted not to air Sandro/Horodecki, but they aired an atrocious heavyweight fight which ended in a majority decision draw.

Bellator opted not to air Sandro/Horodecki, but they aired an atrocious heavyweight fight which ended in a majority decision draw.

Sounds like Bellator alright.  Even worse was the ten minute delay where they actually showed the ring announcer showing AC members on how to add.

Also not a good thing when you have a fight and you can actually hear someone on the crowd scream things to get himself over like "I AM ON TV or HI MOM"   Tells me there is either less than 500 people there or the people there don't give a shit about the event

• 1 month later...

Thomas de Almeida just smoked Caio Machado in round one with a 3 strike combo (liver shot did the job). This guy is definitely ready for the UFC, but the question will always be his wrestling. His slender frame may work to his advantage if he has balance like Aldo, but we need to see him against some real live bodies.

I can't imagine the Glory PPV being too pleasant for those on the east coast because this one ended a full 45 minutes after the usual time boxing and UFC PPVs end. Shit, probably 60 minutes because the UFC will promptly end at 12:30 a.m. EST if the main event goes short. Pretty decent show that just ran too long.

WSOF was enjoyable, though I still think scheduling three title fights on one card is a mistake and a disaster waiting to happen.  IMHO, based on experience you just don't want to do that for a big show, see Strikeforce and Bellator.

• 2 weeks later...

Why was the cameraman holding the camera two inches away from Gaethje's face during the post-fight interview? Was the A/V club at the local high school busy?

• 2 weeks later...

Leonard Garcia got absolutely dismantled tonight by undefeated fighter Damon Jackson (now 9-0, all finishes) in Legacy. Jackson mounted him in about 25 seconds and then arm triangled him in 92 seconds total. I would figure he is UFC bound.

The Usman guy from Blackzilians also beat the crap out of WEC vet Marcus Hicks. He looked pretty well rounded and big for lightweight. Just needs to keep his back off the cage.