DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, WSOF, Glory, Invicta, Titan, AXS TV Live Event Discussion Thread

Elsalvajeloco

• 2 weeks later...

Houston Alexander and Virgil Zwicker put on a worst fight of the year frontrunner while Michelle Nicolini dropped a rather convincing UD loss to Norma Rueda Center. What can I say? You would want someone like Nicolini to look impressive, but her striking offense and defense is so lackluster. Running headlong into punches doesn't help either. I don't know how dedicated she would be at her age and her level of success in the grappling world.

Other highlights include Andre Santos' "amazing" striking and Josh Neer getting into an argument with Big John.

Someone needs to kidnap Andre Santos and Michelle Nicolini and take them to wherever Duane Ludwig's new gym is at. I don't think Chatuba's spastic interpretive dance technique and Nicolini's sideways flyswatter punches are long for the MMA world we live in.

Josh Neer's logic was that he wanted the ref to stand the fight up since nothing was going on. Josh, so he can take you down....some more?

The funny part about the Houston Alexander fight was that in the video before the fight he said that MMA fans don't want to see guys rolling around and the proceeded to go for takedown after takedown.

That's the best part. The absolute best.

Just skimmed through the Bellator event.

Coenen's sub was nice.

Lashley's fight was embarrassing. It was obviously fixed. His opponent just fell or “slipped” to the ground as Jimmy said. I have no idea how anyone would say it's “worth” watching.

Lashley's fight was embarrassing. It was obviously fixed. His opponent just fell or “slipped” to the ground as Jimmy said. I have no idea how anyone would say it's “worth” watching.

He fell to the ground because he went for a trip on a giant wrestler. It didn't work out well. I don't know how people think it was fixed. 

http://gfycat.com/FaintWildCopperbutterfly

If you're going to fix a fight, probably just get put in a choke and tap, don't get punched in the face by a 240lb dude. 

Yeah, Lashley and that dude better push it as a fix instead of pushing as a real fight, cause if Lashley's opponent was really tripped by that weak attempt, then he's a lot worse than anyone expect him to be.