DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, WSOF, Glory, Invicta, Titan, AXS TV Live Event Discussion Thread

Elsalvajeloco

She needs to start finishing these fights quicker than she does.

She fought a Muay Thai "champ" was not very good at muay thai or striking for that matter. Werner had the stance of baby fawn that just learned how to walk. Even Miletich thought Holm was carrying her. It went three and half rounds longer than it should have.

Guest Edwin

Holm's last fight before that went 3 rounds to long too.

She's going to have go start KOing these girls earlier in fights if she wants to even be remotely considered a contender at Ronda's level.

Guest Edwin

He's most famous for being one of the guys who beat Fedor in a sambo match before Fedor lost to Werdum in Strikeforce.

Guest Edwin

Bellator capitalized on that quickly. Shlemenko called out Tito yesterday I believe it was and they already made the fight.

Shlemenko should TKO Tito with body shots in the first.

On the RFA card, Junior Maranhao fainted in his corner between the 4th and 5th rounds after being in a triangle choke for 2 minutes in the 4th. The doctor just asks his corner if he is alright. Wyoming regulated MMA, ladies and gentlemen.

Matt_Manzanares_vs._Junior_Maranhao_medi

That's disgusting. I don't even know who i'm the most outraged by the commission, the cornermen, the ref, ANYBODY who saw the guy collapse. Sickening. 

This.

Apparently someone suffered an injury on the Glory show. Spoiler that shit if you want to continue posting here. K BYE THX

Tyrone+Spong++vs.+Gokhan+Saki+sm.gif

I know this is going to sound like dickish but isn't the main reason why you are running shows in Wyoming is because of the looser restrictions/rules when it comes to boxing or MMA?   I haven't heard of many shows in that state that wasn't basically glorified toughman contests. 

Guest Edwin

Douglas Lima is a beast.

Rick Hawn's a very good fighter too.

I don't understand why the fans are booing. Lima put on a beating on Hawn's legs and Hawn showed a ton of heart withstanding the beating his legs took.

Guest Edwin

Despite fighting an opponent on par with his past opponents, I thought Morceguinho looked impressive. He hit a nice takedown trip and his ground & pound was pretty vicious. I was hoping they would've given him a better opponent in his debut to see how good he really is, but at least he was able to pick up a win in his debut.

To continue on your point in the MMA Talk thread, I would be more concerned losing a prospect like Neves to Bellator than someone like Michael Page. I was hyped on him when he had his first two fights in the UK, but that was under the circumstance of me thinking he would have progressively tougher fights. In his twenty six month career, he has five fights. That's a "I'm making above 25k to show and 25k to win in the UFC" schedule. If you're spending that much time on the shelf at his age, it's not going to get better as you get older. 

Guest Edwin

Agreed.

MVP isn't getting any younger and he's only had 1 fight in Bellator and he hasn't even stepped up in competition yet. I'm not sure what the terms are on his contracts with Bellator and SFL, but I'm sure he'll be tied down to both orgs. for a while, so I'm not sure we'll even see him in the UFC unless he can get through those contracts within the next 3 years while maintaining a strong record.

Considering the cards Morceguinho has fought on, I'm sure he's made more money in his Bellator debut than he has in the first previous 28 fights of his career. Sure Bellator doesn't pay a ton of money, but that just says how small most of the orgs. Morceguinho has fought in are.

Morceguinho still has a chance of remaining a top prospect if he can fight out his Bellator contract fighting guys on the prelims like Cosmo Alexander did. I'm sure that's unavoidable and he'll end up participating in a tournament with a couple more wins which would be a huge step up in competition and I wouldn't like the odds of him against guys like Patricio Pitbull, Curran, Nunes, Frodo, Richman, Shamhalaev, Martinez, Strauss, etc. Yes, I know some aren't exactly great fighters yet, but they're definitely a lot better than all of the guys Morceguinho has beat.

• 2 weeks later...