DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, WSOF, Glory, Invicta, Titan, AXS TV Live Event Discussion Thread

Elsalvajeloco

This thread is for any non-UFC live event that doesn't have its own thread. If I deem an event to actually be worth a damn, I'll make a thread for it if someone else hasn't already. Then, you would post in that thread that person started and not in this one. Have at it.

I didn't think Rampage looked bad at all. He's not gonna be the quickest guy, but he threw some decent kicks actually. Then went in for the kill. 

Beltran backed up to the cage with his hands down and just start swinging. That's two giant MMA no-nos right there.

We were sitting next to a bunch of Russian guys. One got super drunk and almost passed out. He staggered out during the fight with the first russian guy and passed out in the bathroom. Security came back to get one of the russian guys to go help their friend, but none would leave until the fight was over. They certainly were happy w the amin event fnish.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Doug Marshall is such an awesome heel.  He is what the Real Americans aspire to.

And Doug Marshall tested positive for banned substances following that fight.

Tomorrow is GLORY 13 on Spike.  These shows tend to sneak up on me.

A ton of good fights will not be shown on Spike though...

Online:

Remy Bonjasky vs. Anderson Braddock Silva
Jerome Le Banner vs. Sergei Kharitonov
Hesdy Gerges vs. Ewerton Teixeira
Aleksandr Stetcurenko vs. Karim Ghajji
Artur Kyshenko vs. Kenmun
Yuta Kubo vs. Mosab Amrani

On Spike TV:

Rico Verhoeven vs. Peter Aerts
Daniel Ghita vs. Errol Zimmerman
Tournament Finals
Semi-Final: Nieky Holzken vs. Karapet Karapetyan
Semi-Final: Joseph Valtellini vs. Raymond Daniels
Dustin Jacoby vs. Makato Uehara

Wish they were showing Bonjasky/Silva and JLB/Kharitonov on Spike...

Duke Roufus is the best trainer who is completely awful at commentary.

Also, the production team managed to screw up and have the Jacoby fight listed at a featherweight bout (143 lbs) on a show taped several hours prior.

Oh, Glory

I'd love to see Daley on TUF...

I've always enjoyed watching Daley fight and wish he wouldn't have done the stupid late punch on Kos but I'm fairly certain he'd get completely worked by like ten guys in the UFC WW division right now.  He'd have no chance of sticking around unless he were fighting the bottom of the barrel.