DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, WSOF, Glory, Invicta, Titan, AXS TV Live Event Discussion Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Not really surprised. Reminds me of the WEC times when Frank Mir pushed him as the best fighter in the world even though the lighter weight divisions were really thin.

Invicta FC 9 is on tonight. The card is very good.

And this is the one I picked to watch. Then again, a good chunk of their roster is fighting in the UFC now.

The lack of semi known unsigned WMMA fighters available really hurts them.

I thought it was another solid show as usual from Invicta. Enjoyed the prelims seeing some newer fighters and the main card had a bunch of good fights. Lots of blood in several fights tonight too. McCarthy/Brown was real back and forth. Jodie Esquibel looked pretty good, Nicdali retired after that fight. Felt bad for Kaitlin Young after dominating the first round to end up losing the next two, hoped to see her end her losing streak here. Thought the top two fights both delivered. Honchak looked good as usual and Karolina/Mizuki was very even, impressed by Karolina.

Glad the next is only just a month away now, looking forward to what all is announced. Supposed to be Cyborg's return but she got hurt. Michelle Waterson coming back quick for another main event instead is great. Looks like they just added Vanessa Porto vs Roxanne Modafferi to determine who faces Honchak next.

That card was very uninteresting. The lack of crowd reaction to anything really didn't help it either.

You know you have a very thin roster when Roxanne Modafferi is fighting in a title eliminator for one of your top titles in 2014.

Melvin Guillard missed weight again for WSOF 15.  Title fight with Justin Gaethje is off.  They will still fight in a non-title, three round catchweight bout.

Guillard gave up 50% of his purse for the fight to go on.  WSOF should fire him after this.  

Daniel Pineda retired Leonard Garcia tonight by scorching him in under 2 minutes via submission. Basically, takedown -> pass to side control -> kimura. Just pathetic and shameful stuff from Garcia.

Just in case reminder so I don't have move posts tonight: This thread is strictly for anyone who chooses to discuss the WSOF show tonight. Bellator 131 has it's own thread. There you go.

So what does Bellator do now after the golden boy lost for the third time straight? More Tito?

Reading comprehension, ladies and gentlemen. Lets work on it.

Anyone ever seen m1 global? Is a Russian league that's running a show in Beijing and I'm thinking of checking it out.

I actually got to see a show in person, since for some reason they came to my neck of the woods.  I thought it was a fun event, but that was three or four years ago and I haven't followed them since.  It was nice though going to a show that wasn't televised so there were no breaks, just match after match.

I've seen a bunch of M-1 most of which are different and are usually cards that are usually made with most fighters on the card being local fighters.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite beating Andrea Lee, Roxanne Modafferi has the worst stand up ever in MMA. She just forward like a zombie throwing the worst looking jabs ever. Just horrible, horrible stuff.