DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Craig hates Rippa's posts and doesn't visit the Horror Thread. 

Pearl is the prequel to X, so I'd watch X before I went to see Pearl in order to gain valuable context.

And trust me, if you're watching X, you definitely don't want your kid wandering in at the wrong time. 

Spoiler

Not unless you want to explain to your kid why Jenna Ortega's character has the word SUNDAY stitched on the back of her panties.

Edited by J.T.

I don't think I have visited the Horror Thread once. If I did, maybe it was to bitch about Halloween Kills. I suppose this is a good time to point out that the new Halloween trailer got my hopes up that it will at least be better than Halloween Kills.

• Like 1

Regarding X, I totally forgot about that movie. I wanted to watch it and not for pervy reasons or anything, but because it looked like another good, fucked up A24 movie. I need to throw it on my list and check if it's on anything I'm subscribed to.

I would like to say that Halloween Ends could not possibly be worse than Halloween Kills.

Then I remind myself that in my tenure as a horror guy, I have sat through stuff like Death Bed:  The Bed That Eats and Darkness Falls so there is always the possibility that Halloween Ends could be really bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I would like to say that Halloween Ends could not possibly be worse than Halloween Kills.

Then I remind myself that in my tenure as a horror guy, I have sat through stuff like Death Bed:  The Bed That Eats and Darkness Falls so there is always the possibility that Halloween Ends could be really bad.

Oh my god, Death Bed: The Bed That Eats just came up the other day. I wasn't aware that there's a Boy Meets World podcast and on the second episode they had the dad from the show on it. I looked up his IMDB and lo and behold he was in that movie.

I just would love to know WTF happened with Halloween Kills. I actually liked Halloween a lot. It was very solid. Halloween Kills was just such a disaster though. Anthony Michael Hall's character was terrible, the mob always chanting was terrible, etc. I think the one positive about it is that Will Patton makes it out alive.

Halloween Ends looks like it just gives everything away in the trailer, which if that's the case, it looks like they at least cut out all of the chaff and get right to the stuff everyone wants to see.

The trailers for the new Halloween movies are always at odds with what’s actually going on in them. It’s promoted as a saga about the fight between good and evil when the story is actually about how Michael is a MacGuffin who gives the citizens of Haddonfield the means to destroy themselves. Which sounds cool, but it’s executed in a weird and disjointed way that doesn't add up to much. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The trailers for the new Halloween movies are always at odds with what’s actually going on in them. It’s promoted as a saga about the fight between good and evil when the story is actually about how Michael is a MacGuffin who gives the citizens of Haddonfield the means to destroy themselves. Which sounds cool, but it’s executed in a weird and disjointed way that doesn't add up to much. 

That's much better than how Red Letter Media put it.

• Like 1

Me Time

Director John Hamburg (Along Came Polly, I Love You, Man)

Kevin Hart, Mark Wahlberg, Regina Hall, Luis Gerardo Mandez, Jimmy O. Yang, John Amos, Anna Maria Horsford, Andrew Santino, Deborah S. Craig, Naomi Ekperigin, Drew Droege, Ilia Isorels Paulino, Tahj Mowry, Carlo Rota, Che Tafari, and Amentii Sledge.

Boy is Kevin Hart trying to finish his Netflix deal as soon as possible

I find it odd that the Del Toro version is less terrifying than the Zemeckis version since he seems to enjoy freaking people out..

Pan's%2Blabyrinth%2Bpale%2Bman.jpg&ehk=v

Edited by J.T.

Ana De Armas is going to be brilliant in this, isn't she?  For fucks sake, I am going to watch this, aren't I?

I will have to go to the toy store and buy some foam rubber bricks so that when I watch Blonde, the things that I throw at my flatscreen in anger are soft and won't break my television.

Why is every production company in the world making it a point to only create films that will make me mad?

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

1. NC-17? Well damn. 

2. It's gonna be criminal if that doesn't get a theater release. 

I guess you missed the discussion when the first trailer was posted

Basically the NC-17 rating is due to some sex scene and supposedly a very graphic rape scene

It will get a theater release but it is gonna be one of those LA/NY 1 week specials just to get it eligible for the Oscars