DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I get that he's a nuanced guy and like I said, I've enjoyed his interviews. I feel like I've explained myself pretty well in a few posts. I just tune out when the guy is in the ring. I just have no desire to see the guy wrestle. It's not about MOVEZ or FLIPZZ. Hell, I grew up watching Barry Windham headlocking Ric Flair for 10 minutes of a 60 minute draw and enjoyed the hell out of it.

There are a decent amount of Henry reviews on segundacaida. Here's not a bad place to start:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2009/05/23-mark-henry.html

and you can find match write ups if you dig further:

https://www.google.com/search?q=segundacaida+mark+herny&rlz=1C1ASUT_enUS460US460&oq=segundacaida+mark+herny&aqs=chrome..69i57.4343j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=93&espv=210&psj=1&q=site:Segundacaida.blogspot.com+%22mark+henry%22

We just lost a lot of our history here.

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?showtopic=19214

I haven't looked at that for a while but it goes through some of he motions with write ups at least. The best stuff are at the beginning and end.

See, we're taking over your brain already. Give in to the hive mind.

Do I need to start hating Scott Keith?

Yes.  But that has nothing to do with the hive mind.

I'm fairly new to posting on the board but used to lurk quite a bit. What's everyone's beef with him?

You know what random thing I miss about WWF/E wrestling? That giant, partitioned off video board that they used to use pre-Titantron. I'm watching a random Superstars from 1992, and I love how they would zoom in on a still-shot from the match that just ended as Vince talked us to another segment of the show (this time it was Fatu trying to eat a dude's face after hitting him with an awesome splash). 

Also, I want more cutaway segments to Josh Matthews in the "control center" to have wrestlers hype house shows by cutting those little sixty-second interviews in front of their green-screened logos. Watching now, it's amazing to see how the really good talkers get their point across in just sixty-seconds. My respect for Ric Flair's talking ability just somehow went even higher than it already was. 

EDIT: And I know there's a thread for this now, but I just had to mention here: Marty Jannetty just used a diving fistdrop as his finish. Quick, somebody in current WWE steal that!

• Like 1

Punches propelled Chucky P into my fav five.

Maybe not but he was good during that run.

I'm a huge Bobby Eaton fan not because of the Alabama Jam but b/c he used to throw that left hand with a vengeance.

There are a million reasons why you should love Beautiful Bobby.

And the first ten thousand of those reasons are that glorious mullet. 

I think the Eaton/Lane/Cornette version of MX is my favorite. Their feud with The Fantastics ----> short feud with Arn and Tully ------> murder at the hands of the newly-turned Road Warriors is one of my favorite things that I have ever seen out of one team. They were just so awesome and this is my favorite Cornette work on the mic ever. 

• Like 3