DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Because for years and years any guy who was a heavyweight or a superheavyweight but didn't do headdroppy, fighting spirit all-japan stuff was reviled. All people wanted was quick-quick-movez-y workrate stuff. Mark Henry has presence. He makes every movement matter. He's great at knowing when to give and when to take. He has astoundingly credible offense. Yeah, he also bumps big when he has to, but there's probably two-three generations of fans that were weaned on workrate and Henry doesn't hit those marks. He hits marks that are endlessly better. He's not at all a Meltzer-ian wrestler and he's sure not a Scott Keith-ian one either, and you can't really enjoy him in that wrestlecrap ironic way without shitting on everything that makes him great. Basically, you have to think outside the box of the "schools" of smarky online wrestling fandom to enjoy him and it's hard for most people to escape their roots. 

• Like 3

I'd like a serious counter to the Mark Henry love. I wouldn't believe any of it, but I'd like to see it.

I think Mark Henry is awesome however he may overuse the bearhugs. Although being squeezed to death by a guy with a raw 900lbs deadlift would hurt like hell, the move itself is not very exciting especially when done more than once in the same match.  

No he doesn't.

Yeah, he does.
Well, golly, you sure told us, Dorothy Parker. Do you care to elaborate, or will you just move on to telling us all you banged our moms?

No, I won't. I just find his matches pretty boring. Cool trashtalk doesn't make up for not having compelling matches in my opinion.

Were you followed?

Keep an eye out, everyone, for shitty posters that may have followed FSW back. 

I don't know what you all see but Mark Henry kinda sucks.

COVER YOUR FUCKING TRACKS FAT SPANISH WAITER.

• Like 10

No he doesn't.

Yeah, he does.

Really and why is that? "NOT ENOUGH FLIPZZZ"

Seriously outside of the Daniel Bryan, Punk, and Rey Mysterio matches can anyone name another really good to great Henry match? I like Henry as a character, but when it's time to deliver in big matches he tends to fail a lot.

Were you followed?

Keep an eye out, everyone, for shitty posters that may have followed FSW back. You'll know them by their BAZINGA! Avatar and Madison Rayne cleavage signature.

Does that happen a lot?

I'd like a serious counter to the Mark Henry love. I wouldn't believe any of it, but I'd like to see it.

I think Mark Henry is awesome however he may overuse the bearhugs. Although being squeezed to death by a guy with a raw 900lbs deadlift would hurt like hell, the move itself is not very exciting especially when done more than once in the same match.  

In a radio interview he explained this. He said that whenever he tried arm work in the past, he found it looked awkward because of his size. So he sticks to bear hugs and neck twist. 

No he doesn't.

Yeah, he does.
Really and why is that? "NOT ENOUGH FLIPZZZ"
I wish Davey Richards would grow dreads.
What else don't you like about big Mark though dude? I'm willing to hear you out.

I just get really bored during his matches. He's a great interview in my opinion and I do like his character but once the bell rings, I just tune out. I've watched him quite a few times but he's just too plodding for me. He's just some guy that people bounce off of and he doesn't do anything.