DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Blazers vs Pacers tonight.  Great test for both teams.  I think the Blazers are legit but the West is so tough that might mean they finish 7th.

I'm hyped for this game and will be watching it through, um, nefarious means.

• Like 1

Oh no here we go again got to put another player on a pedestal, and hope he can overtake LeBron as the best player. How did that one turn out with the little glass bodied player from Chicago, huh? 

Now let's see George try that shit on the 10th against the real best team in the east. Prediction? PAIN! 

Oh no here we go again got to put another player on a pedestal, and hope he can overtake LeBron as the best player. How did that turn out with the little glass bodied player from Chicago, huh? 

Now let's see George try that shit on the 10th against the real best team in the east. Prediction? PAIN! 

George has been playing at a high level all season.  There is a reason I took him as my first pick in the fantasy league.  Nobody has compared him to Lebron yet(that I know of).  People are just recognizing that he's having a fantastic season and leading a damn good team.

• Like 1

Paul George is 23.

The thing that blows me away about him is how much energy he has. He's all over the floor on defense, just hawking and trapping dudes everywhere. On offense he's even crazier. He runs like Rip Hamilton without the ball, except he ALSO posts up AND also sets man picks as opposed to just dodging a defender. And he also brings the ball up the court a fair amount, too.

I don't know of anyone in the league like him. He's such a great player. But he's also such a unique one.

Oh no here we go again got to put another player on a pedestal, and hope he can overtake LeBron as the best player. How did that turn out with the little glass bodied player from Chicago, huh? 

George has been playing at a high level all season.  There is a reason I took him as my first pick in the fantasy league.  Nobody has compared him to Lebron yet(that I know of).  People are just recognizing that he's having a fantastic season and leading a damn good team.

No one's touching Le Bron. Or KD. But the argument for third best player in the league? Votes need to be tabulated.

I'm trying to think right now who is better: Chris Paul or Paul George? That is TOUGH. I think you have to go CP3 just for length-of-service but man it's becoming close. Is there anyone I'm forgetting for third best player in the league?

Kevin Love has an argument but he hasn't played a playoff game whereas Paul George nearly took out the Heat. Anthony Davis was rising up that list very quickly before he broke his hand. Tony Parker might have an argument, too.

I am trying to think of anyone else.

I would put CP3 over George for now.  If CP3 goes down, the Clippers are an absolute disaster.  The Pacers aren't quite at that point.  I think that speaks more to team quality than anything else, but it shows just how important one guy is to a team.

Love can certainly get taken while on defense but he makes up for it by his ability to close out and keep possessions alive. He's also one of the best stretch forwards, too. And his passing off of rebounds is insane.

Kevin Love has one of the weirdest games anyone has ever had. He's a bulky dude who can shoot from three. He's also not that crazy an athlete and has all sorts of knee stuff but is probably the league's best rebounder. And he can throw passes like he's a quarterback. What a strange set of skills.

The Wolves team has a few other guys like this. Ricky Rubio has no shot whatsoever. Kevin Martin is the skinniest non-center I can ever remember and can't play a lick of defense. Corey Brewer is a crazy hustle player. JJ Barea...

The top five in various stats

WS/48: Lebron James, Chris Paul, Paul George, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis

PER: Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love

Wins Produced: Lebron James, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, Andrew Drummond, Wesley Matthews

Simple Rating (via 82games, through 11/27): Paul George, Kevin Love, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, Andre Iguodala

I wish putting someone on ignore would hide the quote box as well, but I guess it isn't meant to be.  

Chris Paul has a legit shot at MVP this year.  The gap between Durant and Paul is smaller than the gap between Paul and whoever you would rank 4th.