DVDVR Message Board

Happy birthday thread.

The Natural

• 2 weeks later...

It's the big 4-1 today for me. And living two time zones away from my best friend and a decent amount of family meant I was subject to a pre-6AM wakeup call of various texts wishing me a happy birthday. And also finding out that I share my day with Claudio Castagnoli, Bill Eadie, Zelina Vega, and Goldberg! And I'm releatively sure one of my friends will randomly pop up and remind me that on this day 25 years ago, Nash ended Goldberg's streak.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 7:21 PM, Mike Campbell said:

It's the big 4-1 today for me. And living two time zones away from my best friend and a decent amount of family meant I was subject to a pre-6AM wakeup call of various texts wishing me a happy birthday. And also finding out that I share my day with Claudio Castagnoli, Bill Eadie, Zelina Vega, and Goldberg! And I'm releatively sure one of my friends will randomly pop up and remind me that on this day 25 years ago, Nash ended Goldberg's streak.

OIP.li-UkbxQ5I6imxFWKx97swHaDt?dpr=1.3&p

Belated birthday returns. Hope you had a good un.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

OIP.oEkEwC9YptVuRWukocJ76wHaKI?dpr=1.3&p

I thought you were the 31st getting a Birthday and New Year's Eve the same day. Have yourself a good un xxx.

It was a bit of alright.  Good food, family around.  I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the good wishes, naitch.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 1:04 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Thank you, friends. Pretty awesome that I share a birthday with Greg who's pretty damn great.

Thanks man! I am. 🙂 Happy belated to you -- our birthday traditionally sucks, it's great to comiserate. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Octopus is a kind, creative, quirky person, someone who is as human as any of us (despite the cephalopod trappings) while being entirely unique, who endures the good and bad of life with an grit-teeth patina of positivity, somehow managing forward momentum even while occasionally bailing water from the boat, always trying to get everyone to shore while convincing himself and everyone around him that hey, they might just make it after all. We're better off for having him here. Happy birthday David.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thanks friend! I’m aiming to watch that again or another match soon!

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

@Octopus is a kind, creative, quirky person, someone who is as human as any of us (despite the cephalopod trappings) while being entirely unique, who endures the good and bad of life with an grit-teeth patina of positivity, somehow managing forward momentum even while occasionally bailing water from the boat, always trying to get everyone to shore while convincing himself and everyone around him that hey, they might just make it after all. We're better off for having him here. Happy birthday David.

love you Matt. Thanks for the kind words.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Happy b-day buddy!!! What do octupi eat? I wish you lots of that.

Aiming at getting myself Taco Bell with extra creamy jalapeño sauce and a side of shrimp larva.

• Like 4