DVDVR Message Board

The Baseball Hall of Fame Thread

LethalStriker

Any of these writers that makes a sweeping generalization like that needs to have their ballot taken away, plain and simple. Yes, everyone is entitled to an INFORMED opinion. By definition, a generalization cannot be an informed opinion. I'm really sick of these jackholes that think because they have a ballot the  HOF is about them.

Well, it doesn't matter anymore since that punkass shithead said he'll never vote for anyone ever again.

Fuck him.

Then the BBWAA should strip him of his vote, they don't have the balls though. Be a jackass all you want, but don't state point blank you won't vote for anyone in the future. Especially when your vote this year is for jack "one GREAT pitching performance and a 3.90 era" Morris.

I changed the title since this basically became the de facto thread.

Remember the vote will be released at 2 pm EST today.

In our poll (which I sadly couldn't close without locking the whole thread), 3 folks would get in

54 people voted - so 40.5 votes were needed (I think the Writer's Association rounds up so we will say you need 41 votes)

Greg Maddux - 52/54 (96.3%)

Tom Glavine - 45/54 (81.5%)

Frank Thomas - 44/54 (83.3%)

The closest people to not make in our vote were Bonds and Clemens - who each got 37 votes (68.5%)

So while we clearly don't mind the PED users - I am still trying to figure out then why Biggio, Piazza and Bagwell are doing so poorly.

Oh and you all fucking suck for hating Tim Raines

I changed the title since this basically became the de facto thread.

Remember the vote will be released at 2 pm EST today.

In our poll (which I sadly couldn't close without locking the whole thread), 3 folks would get in

54 people voted - so 40.5 votes were needed (I think the Writer's Association rounds up so we will say you need 41 votes)

Greg Maddux - 52/54 (96.3%)

Tom Glavine - 45/54 (81.5%)

Frank Thomas - 44/54 (83.3%)

The closest people to not make in our vote were Bonds and Clemens - who each got 37 votes (68.5%)

So while we clearly don't mind the PED users - I am still trying to figure out then why Biggio, Piazza and Bagwell are doing so poorly.

Oh and you all fucking suck for hating Tim Raines

If its those three, they are all worthy. With the managers, it would be the most load HOF class in a long time right?

My final prediction...

Maddux, Glavine, Thomas all get in - Maddux with one of the five highest percentages ever.

Biggio breaks 70%, but falls short.

Piazza between 60-65%.

Morris under 65%.

Bonds/Clemens around 40-45%.

Mattingly under 5% and falls off.

Jacque Jones got a HOF vote.

Nope... nothing wrong with the system at all

Guys paying back favors like that is exactly how Rick FUCKING Ferrell got in on the veterans committee decades ago(re Bill James book on the HOF) .

Now you are just trying to hurt me Joe

8.2%!!!!

USA!

USA!

No offense at all RIppa, but it boggles the mind that Palmeiro drops off, and Mattingly doesn;t. I mean Jesus 3000 hits and 500 HRs. I don't think he's worthy(Raffy), just amazes me. . . 

What's interesting is that the MLB network think Smotlz is a slam dunk next year, and Schilling isn't.  I guess the saves are what put him over the top, because otherwise their very close. Not that I disagree, based on gut reaction that would be my pick, which is why I'm not voting. . . 

Raffy was attached to PEDs

If he wasn't he would hang around the back end of the ballot.

I think it is as simple as that.

Figured as such, and he has the most memorable smoking gun of the bunch, but it is still mind blowing that he fell off the ballot entirely. . . 

I accepted a long time ago that my all time favorite player wasn't going to make the Hall of Fame but I am thrilled that he is going to get his full 15 years on the ballot.

My final prediction...

Maddux, Glavine, Thomas all get in - Maddux with one of the five highest percentages ever.

Biggio breaks 70%, but falls short.

Piazza between 60-65%.

Morris under 65%.

Bonds/Clemens around 40-45%.

Maddux pulled 97.2% - great number, but it's been surpassed a lot.

Biggio missed by two votes. TWO FUCKING VOTES. Embarassing.

62.2% for Piazza, 61.5% for Morris - good riddance, Jack.

Bonds had 34.7%, Clemens had 35.4% - didn't expect a drop.

Mattingly lives to see his final year on the ballot.

Re: Palmeiro. In my mind, here's the major difference between him and the other PED guys - he failed a test and was suspended after they were outlawed. 

Schilling's best argument is the absurd post season numbers.

Once again, I maintain that every voter who didn't have Bonds and Clemons on their ballot had no business having a ballot.

• Like 1

I was just talking about this with Ed.

Since Maddux did not break Seaver's record - is Derek Jeter the last chance?

I think Mariano won't do it because there will be enough "Oh he was just a closer" people

And I don't think Junior will do it because to many folks will claim that "he probably did PEDs"

Big Unit was a dick so he won't do it

Pedro's career was shorter and he was a dick so not him either

Who am I spacing on?