DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
caley

We should probably do a Best Films of the decade poll, shouldn’t we?!

Saw a Best if the Decade list today and was stunned that the decade is almost over! WAs thinking we should probably do one for posterity’s sake, shouldn’t we? Ideally have it end in, say, November (Between the annual Christmas and Halloween projects) with pimping threads for each year.

I’m not committing to anything here.  Just kind of reaching out to see if there’s interest, dates, discussion and who wants to run it etc. etc.

• Like 1

I plan on doing it but I wasn’t planning on doing it till mid next year (to allow some breathing room)

I am gonna run something between then and now - I just haven’t decided what. (Most likely I will do a poll to solicit feedback - I just haven’t had the time)

• Like 2

Awesome!

• Like 1

I can't believe this is going to qualify as a decade.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 10:55 PM, piranesi said:

I can't believe this is going to qualify as a decade.

I'm not sure if you mean this in a joking way, but it really doesn't feel distinctive. The 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s all feel like distinct moments in time. 2000-09 doesn't feel like it had any distinctive qualities to it, and 2010-19 just feels like a continuation of that decade albeit with increased social media and internet presence in our lives. I'm talking culturally here rather than movies. Is it just a case of us being older and life being more of a continuous, ongoing everyday journey at this point? Or has culture been pretty dull for the last decade+? Presumably people in their 20s now will look back fondly on this time period the way we do with the 80s and 90s?