DVDVR Message Board

A General Grand Theft Auto Discussion Thread

Oh my... I just had the thought, Cuba will probably feature somewhat in this game because Miami's history is so intertwined with it. 

It'll be awesome if R* finally ties the GTA and RDR worlds together by forcing Jason & Lucia to go Guarma for a few missions. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It'll be awesome if R* finally ties the GTA and RDR worlds together by forcing Jason & Lucia to go Guarma for a few missions. 

Well GTA Online's treasure hunt side missions were ostensibly given by a descendant of Dutch.  But that's probably not canon.   

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Fuck tha police.

If there is a GTA Online II with this game, we must recruit Dakota Kai for the DVDVR Cartel.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

We will shoot things in the face in honor of @RUkered

You bet your ass we will.  Banks will be robbbed, money will be made, crime will pay.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

I tend to prefer games where I can play a mass murdering wizard but having said that, who is to say molotov cocktails aren't just a fireball spell, perhaps I will join you all

Even I've given up on Twitter. I knew it would be bad when a drug abusing billionaire took over but I just can't condone continuing to use that platform anymore. It makes me so sad inside.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

"Didn't like doing crime" says the guy who disabled satellites during a war at the behest of Putin.

Said the anti-censorship freedom of speech advocate.  What a hard rubber thing he is.  Definitely liked him more when he kept his personal views in his pocket.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

I just started playing Red Dead 2 for the first time ever last weekend. I rapidly discovered that my GTA Online "auto-aim - slide up - headshot kill" timing is still with me. Don't even need Dead-Eye.

Haven't played GTA 5 in... a number of years. Right after the Nightclub update happened I think.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AxB said:

I just started playing Red Dead 2 for the first time ever last weekend.

Oh man, you're in for a treat.  I just did my third playthrough (beat it originally in early 2019), found it just as amazing, and still discovered things I hadn't seen or done.  Take your time and enjoy it.  And HAVE A LITTLE GOD DAMN FAITH.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2023 at 12:07 PM, Death From Above said:

I tend to prefer games where I can play a mass murdering wizard but having said that, who is to say molotov cocktails aren't just a fireball spell, perhaps I will join you all

Even I've given up on Twitter. I knew it would be bad when a drug abusing billionaire took over but I just can't condone continuing to use that platform anymore. It makes me so sad inside.

There's a non-zero chance we get to do something horrible to virtual Musk.  After all, the last game ended with bundling an egotistical billionaire into the trunk of his car and sinking it in the ocean.  Plus, there was the incident with virtual Steve Jobs.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh man, you're in for a treat.  I just did my third playthrough (beat it originally in early 2019), found it just as amazing, and still discovered things I hadn't seen or done.  Take your time and enjoy it.  And HAVE A LITTLE GOD DAMN FAITH.

LENNY!  So many cool little things in that game.  Too bad online was just kind of there.

On 12/5/2023 at 11:42 AM, J.T. said:

If there is a GTA Online II with this game, we must recruit Dakota Kai for the DVDVR Cartel.

If?  GTA online 2, or an expansion of GTA online 1 to include VC (hopefully the former, online is bloated and badly needs an enema) is the surest of sure things.

• Like 1

Although Rockstar Games will never do this after the stupid money they've made with GTA V Online, I hope we get standalone single player campaign DLC based in Atlanta (or whatever Rockstar calls Atlanta) for GTA VI. There's at least a dozen stories on Atlanta news that are Florida Man-esque in their craziness and stupidity. They have to have the Marta bus driver stupidly blocking the camera feed of the demolition of the Georgia Dome.

• 1 month later...

I'm playing through story mode for the 4th time (on 4 different systems, which is nuts) and experienced a weird glitch for the first time, where a plane crashed outside the building during a cutscene.  This isn't my video but it was the same cutscene.  Crazy.

• 1 month later...