DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm oddly intrigued by a new cookbook.  I remember getting the first one during the Attitude Era and some of the stuff turned out pretty good.  I had a hard time believing some of the recipes are actually ones the wrestlers use but it turned out largely well.  If I see the new one in stores I might have to flip through it and see if it's worth picking up.

I'm pretty sure the recipes in the old one were all from Jim Ross and his wife. Then they just assigned them to wrestlers for the fun of it.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 12:30 PM, SorceressKnight said:

Considering the shirt is dealing with a wrestler who was already coming in with the nickname "The Queen of Spades", I think WWE realized that any nickname they give Baszler will be a step up. 

23 hours ago, elizium said:

I've been biting my tongue about that nickname for so long.

I don't think "Queen of Spades" is a bad nickname. It wouldn't be inconceivable if she were a Motörhead fan. She has worn Bad Religion and Rage Against the Machine shirts on NXT tv. I don't know too many people that don't like Motörhead, regardless of their preferred rock genre. 

It could also be Shayna telling us about her sexual preference. It connotes white women with a sexual preference for black men. I stumbled upon on that one. I had no idea about that. 

19 minutes ago, Ryan said:

055244-mv.jpg

Something I'd wear.

Oh, Hell Yes! (and I too hate the Yankees, but this is as cool as the other side of my pillow!) 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 12:12 PM, The Natural said:

PL1007.jpg

SZ0004.jpg

Thanks, but that's some hideous shit, and I'm not about to walk around in public with a shirt that says "Submission Magician", that's just asking to make new acquaintances that I'd rather not. WWE does an absolutely amazing job of producing ghastly stuff that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing. Contrast that to NJPW, who manages to get a good chunk of money out of me every year...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I hate the Yankees for the record. I just like how that looks.

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

Oh, Hell Yes! (and I too hate the Yankees, but this is as cool as the other side of my pillow!) 

You both secretly admire the Yankees. I understand the hatred, especially after the '96-'01 run. I understand the frustration when it seems the Yankees can have just about any player they want, although Hal has proven to be vastly different from George.

Oh yeah, and you can thank Babe Ruth for saving baseball after the Black Sox scandal...but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Don't forget Kaazam.

Apropo of nothing,  is this any good? 

The Art and Science of Embalming by A.O. Spriggs

I'm sure that this one is more entertaining on a variety of levels, but just thought I'd ask...

Liberace: Your Personal Fashion Consultant by Michael & Karan Feder

The embalming one isn't bad. Embalming itself hasn't changed from when that came out in 1971, but outside variables have: different types of chemicals, chemical strengths, advancement of embalming machines, etc. 

This is the textbook I still have from school. I kept all my textbooks. They come in handy sometimes.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/embalming-robert-mayer/1111241715?ean=9780071741392&pcta=n&st=PLA&sid=BNB_New+Core+Shopping+Textbooks&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_m&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvebhBRD5ARIsAIQUmnnhCA8d3CuPK0B5dhYeFJjA3z7jm6fAKnGZtY8VDpctC2XketsPo0YaAtPMEALw_wcB

Yes, the Liberace book is probably a more entertaining read.

• Like 1