DVDVR Message Board

RAW is the Revival of Etiquette - 11/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, elizium said:

Would it have been that hard to just make Alexa a manager? Give her Nia and Tamina as her not so Wild Samoans (yes, I know neither is Samoan) and Mickie as the wily veteran willing to take shortcuts to win. Still accomplishes everything you want with her as GM and antagonizing the faces, but you know, maybe actually with getting someone over?

The problem with this is the idea of Alexa getting someone else over.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The ratings were the fourth lowest of the modern era and I'm rather pleased by that.  Shitty shows deserve low ratings and I can only hope more people tune out

Despite easier competition, Raw fell five percent Monday night to 2.37 million viewers.

The drop was because last week's show came a day after a major pay-per-view. The show was ninth for the night on cable, trailing the usual NFL-related and news programming, but beating all other entertainment shows.

The episode, which was generally viewed as weak, saw the audience drop 19 percent from the first to third hour, one of the bigger drops in history, to go along with being one of the lower-rated Raw shows in history.

This week's drop was huge among women in particular, with women 18-49 dropping off 17 percent from the first to third hour and teenage girls dropping 35 percent from the first to third hour.

The Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans game head-to-head did 9.74 million viewers, well below usual for Monday Night Football.

It was the fourth-lowest audience of the modern era, largely due to the major drop during the show.

The three hours were:

• 8 p.m. 2.61 million viewers
  • 9 p.m. 2.38 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 2.11 million viewers

spoiler]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The ratings were the fourth lowest of the modern era and I'm rather pleased by that.  Shitty shows deserve low ratings and I can only hope more people tune out

Vince already has the notarized billion-dollar TV contracts in his lawyer's office. Ratings don't matter as much in today's TV landscape anyway, though that likely shifts a bit for SmackDown next year in the move to Fox. Rankings in the 18-49 demographic are what moves the needle, and Raw is always in the Top 3-10 of that for every hour. The roof may cave in at some point, but no time soon.

12 hours ago, Goodear said:

You don't think she helped BAMF?

She overshadowed them, and made them irrelevant for a long time. Murphy recovered nicely getting a shot in cruiserweight division. Blake is still recovering as part of the Forgotten Sons. 

It's not much different than Sunny, Sable and Mero, and Trish Stratus.

Real managers don't get themselves more over than the talent they manage. The era of valets has hurt wrestling, and esentially killed off managers.

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She overshadowed them, and made them irrelevant for a long time. Murphy recovered nicely getting a shot in cruiserweight division. Blake is still recovering as part of the Forgotten Sons. 

It's not much different than Sunny, Sable and Mero, and Trish Stratus.

Real managers don't get themselves more over than the talent they manage. The era of valets has hurt wrestling, and esentially killed off managers.

Blaming Alexa for being a clear star while managing two guys that seemed like the blandest dudes in developmental at the time isn't really fair. "Which one's Murphy/Blake?" wasn't a popular chant because she was standing there. It isn't like she tried to get over at their expense. They were given a tag title run. Nobody expected Buddy to turn out to be as great as he is now because they were generic. Blake still is - I don't think anyone would be surprised to see his name in the next round of developmental cuts. That isn't Alexa's fault. She's been on the main roster for two years. 

• Like 4

Alexa was clearly the heater for the act.  Blake and Murphy were a good team and I will fight those who couldn't figure that out as a modern Heavenly Bodies but they needed Alexa to draw heat and when it was time for her to get hers in the Vauds feud, she showed lots of ass for someone not even in the system in 'Blue Pants' Leva Bates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:23 AM, Burgundy LaRue said:

Vince already has the notarized billion-dollar TV contracts in his lawyer's office. Ratings don't matter as much in today's TV landscape anyway, though that likely shifts a bit for SmackDown next year in the move to Fox. Rankings in the 18-49 demographic are what moves the needle, and Raw is always in the Top 3-10 of that for every hour. The roof may cave in at some point, but no time soon.

As long as Vince thinks Raw is ok, nothing will change.