DVDVR Message Board

RAW is the Revival of Etiquette - 11/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, CastleVania Rey said:

This comes with Vince's belief that everywhere that isn't WWE = high school gym.

Remember when Daniel Bryan talked about how he was so passionate for the business that he'd keep wrestling even if it wasn't in WWE? And Cena was like "Well I'm so passionate for the business that I'd NEVER wrestle in the high school gyms/bingo halls." And they acted like Cena got one over on Bryan?

I know what it comes from. It's a shitty belief from a shitty person. It just sounded extra funny coming out of the mouth of the former Sterling James Keenan, who never worked New Japan and had mutiple shots at a regular ROH gig when they were the #1 indy where everybody that was anybody worked, and he fucking blew them. Definitely not the right guy to be shitting on small indies. Shitting on the indies is dumb to begin with. Without indy wrestling, we'd have a promotion full of Baron Corbin's and Nia Jax's. 

Other thoughts:

Does anyone find all the pee stuff funny besides Vince? When Corey Graves chided Bayley for the "third grade insult" or whatever, I just thought back to last week's crappy scene with the (very bad) pee puns. Also, I ended up feeling sorry for Drake Maverick in it all. So this week what was I supposed to think? In WWE, Drake's theft and soiling of the robe is usually considered face behavior.

Speaking of Drake Maverick... "Drake Maverick peed his pants and he'd make a better GM than you." He already is the best GM WWE has on 205 Live.

Why do the Lucha House Party refuse to ever play fair? Are we supposed to like them for this? They created rules where they're always fighting three-on-two. They don't tag in. I don't think the legal man even has to get the pin. How are they not heels?

29 minutes ago, CastleVania Rey said:

Why do the Lucha House Party refuse to ever play fair? Are we supposed to like them for this? They created rules where they're always fighting three-on-two. They don't tag in. I don't think the legal man even has to get the pin. How are they not heels?

Somebody is approving the Lucha House Party rules, so they're technically not breaking the rules. Tags aren't necessary in lucha libre rules. The Revival are dumb for not capitalizing on that. Why don't they bring in a third man to even the odds? I mean, The Bar added Big Show to eliminate New Day's numbers advantage. The Revival are a throwback team, so why aren't they using The Freebird rule? There was Uncle Ivan, Nikita, and Crusher Kruschev. Demolition added Crush. It only makes sense for a third member of The Revival.

• Like 2

Why the fuck would Finn not have tried to save Elias? I mean, seriously, he had to know he'd need back up later, right?

The Lucha House rules thing is bad. Revival vs LHP for more than a few minutes could be great.

Bobby Roode must own at least a dozen of those robes, right?

I'm pleasantly surprised the Superplex-falcon arrow actually got a pin, but otherwise that remains my easy vote for worst feud of the year.

Nia talked for roughly 72 hours. Then didn't even really do anything after everyone else came out. 

This show sucked and continued to suck and then, as a change of pace, it sucked.

• Like 5

Hilarious that they advertised an open challenge, something that when Cena did it provided some fresh and fun matchups, and the big mystery challenger was...Dolph Ziggler.

But hey, this show wasn't all bad - Hawkins and Ember jumping in the Conga line was fun.

When I was posting the RAW preview I almost joked regarding the IC challenge "Well we all know it will be Dolph Ziggler"

Then I was afraid of putting it out in the universe. Clearly it didn't matter.

I am actually a little surprised Dolph didn't get the title as a thank you for having to put over Shane so much

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When I was posting the RAW preview I almost joked regarding the IC challenge "Well we all know it will be Dolph Ziggler"

Then I was afraid of putting it out in the universe. Clearly it didn't matter.

I am actually a little surprised Dolph didn't get the title as a thank you for having to put over Shane so much

It would be peak WWE for Dean Ambrose to cost Seth Rollins the title he would have been fighting for a few weeks later.  

Also, I enjoyed them putting over an injured champ.... on the other show... where they can never fight.  

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Add Nia to that as well.

I wouldn't go sit through Raw if I was given tickets. Heel authority figures and quiet crowds. I didn't see a lot of smiles WWE claims to put on faces. Admittedly, I had Raw on in the background while I watched more Tag League matches. I'd be a miserable person if the only wrestling I knew was WWE.

I skipped a house show because it was RAW.

• Like 2

As soon as Baron announced Alexa Bliss as basically the heel GM for the women I damn near shut the TV off.

WE DON'T NEED MORE HEEL GM CHARACTERS. Never have I wanted a wrestler I thought sucked and took up too much time to get better and return to wrestling just because it would likely mean they wouldn't be a GM character.

Also, WE'VE SEEN NEARLY THIS EXACT SAME RAW MULTIPLE TIMES THIS YEAR! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Elias vs Lashley, check. Corbin vs Finn, check. SETH ROLLINS vs DOLPH ZIGGLER, AGAIN, AGAIN AGAIN, check. When I saw that Seth Rollins was bringing back the open challenge I thought to myself, I bet anything it's Dolph because this is the least imaginative creative team of all time. Sure enough, there's the record scratch. Like, it was a good match and Seth even finished someone with the Davey Richards special.

The rest though? It's fucking inexcusable that we keep having to watch the same shit over and over again and the "new" shit they show us is stuff that's SURE to draw the ratings, like Jinder vs No Way Jose.

None of this even touches on how horrific the shit with Nia Jax and Ronda was, or how cringey the Bayley and Sasha stuff was. I hate this fucking show. It's good maybe 1 out of 10 times and that's being generous.

I really should give up at this point, but I'm guessing that I'm like a lot of you where I keep watching in hopes that it will be good again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We're all chasing the dragon.

Chasing the dragon is right. I swear we just had a good Raw a couple weeks ago too.

At this point, all I want is for this All Elite Wrestling thing to be a real thing.

• Like 4

So of the four matches I watched this week, two (opener and main) had most of the same people and ended the same way, one (Revival/Lucha) was a retread of the past two weeks and ended the same way, and one (Seth/Dolph) was another in an endless, one-sided feud nobody cares about. That's terrible. And you could feel the lack of star power too. Corbin cannot anchor a show.

• Like 2

The thing that really annoyed me was the whole "no one coming to save Elias or Finn" thing. Corbin said you're either with him or against him. Well where the hell was everyone who was against him? Renee said it best last night "he doesn't sign my checks". Someone...anyone coming out to try and save them would have gotten such a huge pop. I think we were all waiting for Bray Wyatt and even maybe Luke Harper. But alas, nothing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What’s better than one heel authority figures?

TWO heel authority figures!

(Three is you count Steph)

Thank Primus (or the deity/non-deity of your choice) Shane didn't turn heel like the rumors kept saying he would.

...That's still coming, isn't it? :(

• Like 1