DVDVR Message Board

RAW is the Revival of Etiquette - 11/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I like how they're acting like Dean getting his vaccines is a heel move. Dean is just showing those god damned anti-vaxxers what a real man does, especially before going to some place as gross as Milwaukee.  

#TeamDean

• Like 3

Dana Brooke teamed with Sasha, Bayley and Ember Moon at Starrcade.  Tonight she attacked them.  

Dolph Ziggler returned to face Seth Rollins.  No explanation to why he is no longer hanging out with McIntyre.  No explanation to why Lashley and McIntyre are aligned with Corbin although that can kind of be explained away with "opportunities".  

I didn't want to say anything about it in last week's thread but this was the first Raw in 25 years where I chose not to watch it.  If I'm elsewhere or something happens where I can't watch it that's one thing.  But I can't remember a time where I can watch it and chose not to.  A big part of it is the negative tone it gives anymore.  But knowing that Vince wants Roman brought up more in the Seth-Dean feud was another big factor.  I know a lot of you have done this a long time before I did and it's relatively trivial.  But after last week and hearing about tonight it seems I made the right decision.  It's just a damn shame but it's going to take something special to get me back to watching live.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, CastleVania Rey said:

Raw: Corbin and Alexa compete to see who can get the audience to change the channel quicker.

Dreadful show.

Add Nia to that as well.

I wouldn't go sit through Raw if I was given tickets. Heel authority figures and quiet crowds. I didn't see a lot of smiles WWE claims to put on faces. Admittedly, I had Raw on in the background while I watched more Tag League matches. I'd be a miserable person if the only wrestling I knew was WWE.

• Like 3

I haven't seen a gif of Drake Maverick pissing on Roode's robe but yes that's another thing that happened tonight.  Is anyone besides Vince entertained by all this pee stuff?  That's about as low brow as television can get. The kind of stuff that would have your wife looking at you sideways. 

• Like 6

Wow that show was horrible. I stopped Midway through to watch ROH on the fite app. Came back and saw Drake Maverick pissing on Bobby's robe. 

I hoped the open challenge thing would be interesting but it was just Dolph.

At least Renee and her moral outrage at Corbin echoed the feelings of anyone watching the show. This was so terrible on so many levels.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I didn't want to say anything about it in last week's thread but this was the first Raw in 25 years where I chose not to watch it.  If I'm elsewhere or something happens where I can't watch it that's one thing.  But I can't remember a time where I can watch it and chose not to.  A big part of it is the negative tone it gives anymore.  But knowing that Vince wants Roman brought up more in the Seth-Dean feud was another big factor.  I know a lot of you have done this a long time before I did and it's relatively trivial.  But after last week and hearing about tonight it seems I made the right decision.  It's just a damn shame but it's going to take something special to get me back to watching live.

I think I have maybe watched at most 5 RAWs live in the last three years.  It's like cutting cable.  It sucks initially, but within a few weeks you don't miss it at all.  

Shit, a friend of mine at work excitedly told me RAW was coming to my city in January.  I'm not even sure I'd go if I was comped either.  

• Like 2

Do WWE not realize they write the same stuff on repeat? Even if it's done all on ONE show?

Corbin gets swarm of wrestlers to attack Elias. Nia gets swarm of wrestlers to attack Nattie and Rhonda. Alexa gets swarm of wrestlers to attack Sasha and Bayley. Corbin gets swarm of wrestlers to attack Balor.

All on the same show.

But I guess at least the babyface women will actually try to help each other out when they're in trouble.

• Like 2

I hope the Renee/Graves stuff is leading to Corey getting a kick in the dick. If Graves wasn't on the no touch list, I'd hope for Ambrose beating the shit out of him, but not without stealing his Mighty Mighty Bosstones suit. One day, who knows? Someday, I suppose.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I liked the stuff with Elias in the first sixth of show.

I liked Alexa being given charge of the women;s roster. The planned attack on Bayley and Sasha though just feels overdone at this point.

Nia's segment with Rosuey was alright until that weird ending which really should have just been Ronda eating a superkick from Tamina and a leg drop from Nia. The Nattie making the save only to be murdered by Riott Squad afterward would have made a lot more sense.

AoP vs. Roode/Gable could have been good if not for the weird pee/robe stuff during the match. That should have just been done as a normal heel segment or you know not at all. Its a waste of Authors of Pain who should just be murdering people.

There was a short Ember/Aicia match that was neat while it lasted. I skipped Jinder/Jose.

I honestly skipped Rollins/Ziggler and Corbin/Finn as well. Those two matches have been done to death, and I would be happy if they didn't face each other again for a good 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I like how they're acting like Dean getting his vaccines is a heel move. Dean is just showing those god damned anti-vaxxers what a real man does, especially before going to some place as gross as Milwaukee.  

#TeamDean

I can assure you Houston does not have a rabies problem.

Now Dallas on the other hand....

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn't know New Japan was "too sweeting in high school gyms". That's really funny coming from fucking Sterling James Keenan. 

This comes with Vince's belief that everywhere that isn't WWE = high school gym.

Remember when Daniel Bryan talked about how he was so passionate for the business that he'd keep wrestling even if it wasn't in WWE? And Cena was like "Well I'm so passionate for the business that I'd NEVER wrestle in the high school gyms/bingo halls." And they acted like Cena got one over on Bryan?