DVDVR Message Board

If you wonder why we don't have a Current Events Forum

Raziel

I will likely regret saying this out loud, but---

98% of us here are smart people.  We don't always agree, we snark on each other, we've turned FSW into our mascot.  But we're smart and smart people can have smart discussions.  If they want.

I'm not saying that we should have a CE forum.  I'm saying to stop underestimating us a collective.  We're better than that.

• Like 1

I think we've handled ourselves pretty well with the Boston and Trayvon Martin stuff. Sometimes it gets ugly but cooler heads usually prevail.

Then again, we all know it'll just become a shit on Big Fresh fest...A Big Fresh Shit Fest, if you will.

• Like 2

And its the 2% (see the afore mentioned Boston and Martin threads) that fuck it up for the rest of us.

That, and politics does strange things to people.  I've seen perfectly rational, intelligent people reduced to frothing lunatics over the most innocious of things.

They probably didn't have the proper staff in place to rule such a combustible folder with impartiality and steadfast resolution.

Yeah, SatanPro and Rick were my friends but both of those guys were confrontational and were on opposite ends of the spectrum.  That always equaled "fight" and sometimes it got personal.

Stir in trolls that just wanted to flame bait the two and you had your perfect storm.

I think we've handled ourselves pretty well with the Boston and Trayvon Martin stuff. Sometimes it gets ugly but cooler heads usually prevail.

Then again, we all know it'll just become a shit on Big Fresh fest...A Big Fresh Shit Fest, if you will.

I can't tell if this is defending me or attacking me, sooooo... thanks?