DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

I haven't seen a much Pasolini. I really enjoyed Mamma Roma and would recommend it.

The one and only time I watched Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom, which isn't in the set, I did so in a movie theater. I think it was the Gene Siskel Center. I would say if you have an opportunity to do so, watching that movie in public with other theater goers, shoulder to shoulder, all dealing with the same shit(literally) together, is the only way to do it.

Yeah, that Pasolini set looks outstanding. I just saw Accattone, and loved it! I'll second the recommendation on 'Mamma Roma' starring the legendary Anna Magnani. That movie was the first I'd seen of hers and his. I love that this new set features so many titles I've both yet to see and which have been a bit tricky to track down.

Re: Salo
To each their own, but I think I preferred watching Salo solo. I bet that was, and generally speaking would be, a wild experience. I also imagine it could be really distracting seeing ppl walk out and get anxious with what they're witnessing. I liked seeing Salo at home and having the incredible set of Criterion features to bring better understanding to what I'd seen. It's a very challenging watch, but a pretty astonishing work of art. A film worth studying. It's a catalog worth studying.

2 hours ago, colonial said:

The Friends of Trumpy Bundle [Limited to 200] (PRE-ORDER) – Severin Films

Severin Films is releasing the director's cut of "Pod People" ("Extraterrestrial Visitors") later this month. Bundle includes a Trumpy plush and "I'm a Virgin" T-shirt.

Literally 5 minutes after seeing this post an ex texted me to say she just bought it 

Edited by elizium

On 4/3/2023 at 8:01 PM, colonial said:

The Friends of Trumpy Bundle [Limited to 200] (PRE-ORDER) – Severin Films

Severin Films is releasing the director's cut of "Pod People" ("Extraterrestrial Visitors") later this month. Bundle includes a Trumpy plush and "I'm a Virgin" T-shirt.

I saw this in my FB feed.  The alarming number of conservatives that got their panties in a wad was alarming.

• Like 1

Terror Vision, who used to distribute through Vinegar Syndrome but broke out on their own recently, just opened up the pre-order for "Linnea Quigley's Horror Workout".

Tagging @piranesi, I just have a feeling ...

On 4/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, nate said:

Terror Vision, who used to distribute through Vinegar Syndrome but broke out on their own recently, just opened up the pre-order for "Linnea Quigley's Horror Workout".

Tagging @piranesi, I just have a feeling ...

Presumably will also make JT's day 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...