DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

I think the first time I saw it was on TCM and I ended up renting it. 

ScreamboxTV (the Bloody Disgusting website channel) is playing Body Bags right now and they bleeped someone saying "Jesus Christ" (and spelled it "C*****" in the subs!). Yet I saw tits in a Frankenstein movie on here and their commercial break has a stop-motion man watching a TV completely melt. They showed Humanoids from the Deep with no nudity, but everything else. None of it makes any sense. 

Roger Corman is in this film and god, does he have the most ASMR voice ever. He could read the phone book and put me right to sleep.

Well, this just showed up in my FB profile rather late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjFBiq2h9M&pp=ygUSc2V2ZXJpbiBpbiBqYW51YXJ5

Severin in January

Burial Ground, Bloodmoon and JESS FRANCO'S DRACULA, PRISONER OF FRANKENSTEIN. Oh mah lands...

There is also a PETER BARK PILLOWCASE for sale. 🤣

Oh, and here's the February one too. Of course both of these are NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05u2ds0axhk

Edited by Curt McGirt

ASMR to the max! You gotta love how he treats the closet exactly as if it's a library. Which it is. 

Something the collector in me itches to ask sometimes is "Why don't you pick something you haven't seen?" or "Do you already have a copy of this?" Some of them do a good job at snagging ones they haven't -- whoever the slick bastard was who mostly grabbed box sets was brilliant -- but I really wonder sometimes. I'd go for something else rather than something I know by heart, and I know they need to talk about things they love and have seen already, but... It's such a dilemma. A wonderful one to have but a dilemma nonetheless. 

• Like 1

For anyone who wants to gauge whether they want to snag the Coffin Joe set or not, he's got three movies on Shudder (so maybe Prime too) this month: At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul, This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse (the first two in the initial Ze do Caixao trilogy) and The Strange World of Coffin Joe.

And also they got Perdita Durango which you should see if you haven't because it's among the most bonkers shit to ever hit celluloid. 

• Like 2

Yeah Arrow seems pretty liberal when it comes to licensing their new sets to streaming at the same time, they put a few of the Coffin Joe movies up on their Arrow Streaming sub service as well at the same time as the physical set came out, and there's a lot of other stuff that goes up on their own streaming sub the same time as the physical set. Even with the box sets or collections a lot of those will go streaming at same time, though they (rightfully so) will sometimes withhold 1 or 2 movies from the bigger sets initially. 

• Like 1

If you are gonna hook em then you are gonna do it with the first two Coffin Joes, that's for sure. Then you are gonna end up watching Awakenings of the Beast and say "WHAT IN THE LIVING FUCK IS THIS"

On 2/28/2024 at 12:28 AM, odessasteps said:

There’s a 50% criterion sale. And if you’re a subscriber, they just sent a coupon last week.

I snagged the Heroic Trio set, Blast of Silence and Friends of Eddie Coyle.  Can't wait.