DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

If we are really being honest here LeBron should win every MVP award until the day he retires. Best player, most valuable, no matter how you slice it he's on top by a mile.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If we are really being honest here LeBron should win every MVP award until the day he retires. Best player, most valuable, no matter how you slice it he's on top by a mile.

That was the argument with MJ as well.  Malone and different guys started winning MVPs.  But to be fair to the voters, the Cavs did coast the entire second half of the year.

The Cavs are coasting right now, too.

LeBron had career highs in rebounds and assists this season.  Shot 55% from the field.  Scored 25+PPG for the 13th consecutive term.  Has somehow elevated his already league-best efficiency. He's not playing the same game as the others anymore.  They're simply pieces to be moved at his will as a 12th level chess master. Whatever universe he occupies, it stopped being fair a long time ago. He's reached nirvana.  LeBron James simply is.

And he won't even finish in the Top 3 of the MVP race.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Kawhi Leonard is out for tonight, and is possibly done for the series. 

But Zaza totally didn't mean to injure him guys.  Totally. 

So Zaza with the help of Kawhi's own teammate David Lee knew his ankles are made out of Graham cracker crumbs.

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He's cursing his parents for naming him once again.

I still remember being at a Knicks game when he was with the Kings. The fans booed him every time he touched the ball. I laughed.

After seeing the memes inspired by Game 2, he had no choice really. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the stat sheet said "DNP - Internet Savagery" next to his name.

54 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

NBA players worth millions aren't thinking too much about internet memes. Look at James Harden. He was so broken up about the Rockets getting blown out at home he went out to the strip club the same night. No fucks given and why should he. 

It's Houston, dude. That's like going to dinner.  You do that just because.

Now if you tell me what black gentlemen's club he patronized, I will tell you how sad he was.

The Finals are scheduled to start June 1

The Conference Finals could be set at the end of May 23

The would have to move up the start date... right? RIGHT?

The NBA has always had very stretched out playoffs. No way the move them up. They should, but the networks already have based their lineups on June 1st. Its going to bite them in the ass and cost them momentum going dark for 8 days or so, and they deserve it.. . .

They'll air segments titled "Where in the world is Metta World Peace?" on NBA TV and they'll all just be him at home asleep.

I caught the last few minutes and it was shocking...   just one of those games where the Celts hit their threes in the second half and I'm assuming the Cavs thought the Celts had quit but Boston never stopped playing.  It sucks for Cleveland because no way did they want to play an extra game. 

Everyone for the Cavs had a shitty second half besides Tristan Thompson and Kyrie. They were willing to let Kyrie drive to the basket and make tough shots and stopped LeBron from doing it. Plus, Marcus Smart had a hell of a game. Those threes started to add up. If they didn't keep fouling Thompson, Boston would have probably won by at least 4 or 5. Boston had a few bad possessions and that play where J.R. hit the three after LeBron passed it on a double team was a stupid play. However, it ultimately didn't matter because Boston kept hitting clutch shots and Jerebko was everywhere. Not having Isaiah Thomas be a big defensive liability helped them out a lot. They forced so many tough, low pct. shots in the 2nd half and made LeBron ineffective as well. If they keep Cleveland within twelve points for the first 2 1/2 quarters, they have a shot to be competitive or at least have a better showing than the first couple games. They also have keep the Cavs from going to the line so much. They shot a ridiculous number of free throws and that's what kept Cleveland up going into the back half of the 4th quarter.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:17 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Rimz is cool.

If you say so....

How 'bout them Celtics? 

I guess I crashed too early, but 14 point leads and Kevin Love shooting lights out in the first will do that to you.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

If you say so....

To be perfectly honest, 1/4 of our conversations usually consist of making fun of people from this board. So um, there is that. But I'm sure all you guys are well-meaning.