DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Or you just fucking man up and revive dudes like I do all the time.

I didn't use melee as much as electric slash and motherfucking Shadow Strike

And yes its N7 Shadow in MP because Bioware was weird

Or you just fucking man up and revive dudes like I do all the time.

I didn't use melee as much as electric slash and motherfucking Shadow Strike

You always do shit the hard way.

I concede that I didn't cloak as often with the Shadow as I did with other Infiltrators thanks to being able to mass murder shit by spamming Electric Slash.

I am down with Krogans, too.   Don't act like we've never run an all Krogan squad in multiplayer before..

I miss the misadventures of Headhunter A and Headhunter B.... but not enough to go back to playing ME3 co-op full time..

No one can see my Krogan either when I am making revive runs..  The shoulder charge and shotgun blast to the face takes care of that.

I earned most of my Unsporting% for smashing everything in sight as a Krogan Battlemaster.  German players hate being outscored and have no sense of humor.

In ME3 Online, I have the Widow, but when I'm using my Salarian Engineer I use the Krysea Sniper instead. Much lighter, much faster reload, and I get my Incinerate and Overload back in seconds.

But I usually play Krogan Sentinel and let someone else take care of the fancy stuff.

Well JT has his giant list of transactions that will get you on his no revive list

Usually it involves him yelling at dudes that can't hear him

Pot Kettle Black to Mr. IF THAT ASSHOLE DIES WHILE THE HACK IS GOING ON I AM NOT GOING OUT THERE TO REVIVE HIM~!

Found Liara and brought her on board. I run a 3 person team of myself (Soldier), Liara and Tali. Its a great balance of all the major skills.

This was always my favorite pairing with Liara as my biotic and Tali spamming AI Hack

If you are running a Soldier then Liara and Tali are your best bets since they are the best pure biotic and tech characters.

I let Balak go and rescued the hostages.   More opportunity for EXP grinding and farming item mods by killing the combat drones.

If you let him escape, Balak's cameo in ME3 offers a bit of cold comfort.

Here are the teams I ran with during the story once we got the team assembled:

Therum:  Ashley and Garrus

Feros:     Tali and Wrex

Noveria:  Liara and Kaiden

Virmire Part One : Tali and Garrus

Virmire Part Two:  Garrus and Wrex

Ilos / Citadel:  Liara and Ashley (Liara's Biotics almost trivialize the Citadel run).

I ran as an Infiltrator.

Found Liara and brought her on board. I run a 3 person team of myself (Soldier), Liara and Tali. Its a great balance of all the major skills.

Made the trip to Asteroid X27 and stopped the descent into Terra Nova. I had to make a tough call and let the hostages die but it was worth it to capture that terrorist POS and hold him for the Alliance. The needs of the many and all that...

Im back at Citadel checking in on a few things, picking up some work on the side. Ill head back out on the Normandy and scout the other systems before I track that rougue Spectre scum.

And kill him...

Good to see how someone else plays it after i went through the same debacle.

myself (soldier) liara as my bae and Garrus. Team FSU

I was usually boring and picked the same team every time - Tali and Wrex.  Tali to have the required tech skills to open shit, and Wrex just because he was fun to have around.  Usually ran either soldier or adept.  An adept with assault rifles unlocked is a killing machine in ME1.

ME2 was all about Kasumi and Zaeed.  Not much could stand up to my revenant armed soldier with those two spamming grenades.

I tried to switch things up though Tali/Liara, Tali/Garrus, Tali/Wrex, & Tali/EDI tended to be regular teams for me. I had no idea how often I used Tali until I just typed that out just now. Even being one of my favorites that seems like just a bit much.

Sooo much cheese used in the ME3 boss battle.

Warp Ammo could bring down the Collectors' Barriers so her Shockwave could knock them off of the platforms for easy kills.. 

Kasumi's Flashbangs could stun the Proto Reaper and two shots from the Cain would blow it up.

Shortest fight of the game.

Yeah, I am all about maxing out Paragon / Renegade and the Persuasion skill so that I can dialogue my way out of most situations.

Some things rub you the wrong way but you do them for meta reasons and they turn out well.  I didn't really like letting the lady crime boss off the hook in ME1 but

learning that she went to Omega to try to help clean the place up by becoming a social worker

made me feel better about my decision.

Same with Balak.

Wanted to shoot him in the head when I saw him in ME3 and didn't like the Paragon angle of recruiting him for the war, but on second thought, the Batarians were all but wiped out during the initial Reaper push so that whole asteroid thing didn't really work out for him or his race.

Admiral Kahoku...

I cleared out the Cerberus base. Also met one of their scientists who was being held at gunpoint by a crazed marine. I let the marine kill the scientist but he unfortunately took his own life immediately after.

Nobody wins...

QFT

Admiral Kahoku...

I cleared out the Cerberus base. Also met one of their scientists who was being held at gunpoint by a crazed marine. I let the marine kill the scientist but he unfortunately took his own life immediately after.

Nobody wins...

I talked Toombs down.  He sends you a not so flattering extranet message once you join Cerberus in ME2.

I was sorta hoping to settle up with him in ME3 but I guess the Reapers got to him first.