DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Yeah fixing the genophage is probably the crowning achievement in the game. Alot of ME3 seems to be mending bridges and putting right the wrongs that happened before humanity joined the Council. There's definitely an atmosphere of self-sacrifice for the greater good that's pervasive throughout the game... which was another reason I chose control at the end

Mordin's gonna do something dumb isn't he? Like say that it can only be cured if a salarian dies, or something.

There also seems to be a lot of "hey, theres that incidental character who was in the background of a sidequest you did waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1, lets shoehorn them in 3" syndrome.

Looking at you Volus bank clerk.

I haven't played the ME3 MP since sometime in Sept.

I got curious so I loaded up the N7 HQ and saw that I have been passed and my challenge score Globally now puts me at 1081

I might have to fix that.

Oh JT...

Fuck.  We are going to do this thing again, aren't we?  I am sooooo not looking forward to trying to run or swap weapons in ME co-op while my muscle memory is still tuned to Destiny and GTA Online.

Felt the need to post this today

All the feels...

The whole thing was heartbraking to me. Garrus and Liara (love interest) were my final team

I took Vega and Javik.   We owned up until the batshit insane Banshee part of the mission.  Shit got hairy but we pulled it off.

Mordin's gonna do something dumb isn't he? Like say that it can only be cured if a salarian dies, or something.

If only. . .

I had to tell the Krogan. Couldn't not do it.

Mordin went out like a badass...didnt even have time to flinch.

What surprised me was how much

Thane's

got to me.

If only. . .

I had to tell the Krogan. Couldn't not do it.

Mordin went out like a badass...didnt even have time to flinch.

What surprised me was how much

Thane's

got to me.

Have you seen how the Mordin scene plays out yet if you play as a SUPER Renegade? For my money, it's the greatest scene a videogame has ever had.

That's completely different to my Mordin's final moments.

Both krogan were alive, Wreav was taken out by Mama Maw, and I told the truth to them and mordin when i got the chance in the buggies...

But THAT's how I envisioned Mordin going out. His story arc was all wrapped up in the genophage, so it was right for my Mordin to go out like he did, in a blaze of glory.

Theres going to be more holy shit moments down the line; I can smell it. 

Garrus and Shep shooting bottles up on the roof of the presidium...proper broment.

LEGION, you badass slightly stalkerish motherfucker...how the hell have you been?

And now I've got to get down to Rannoch and sort their shit out as well?

Goddamn, who have I got to kill/save/fuck now?

• 3 weeks later...

No it is Asari blue - hence the name.

I thought my wife was going to be pissed (since Liara is about middle of the pack on her favorite people) but her reaction was "Okay - Cool!"

I slightly regret not getting the dark blue/purple car but naming my car Tali probably would have lead to some... bad things

OK, so finished the trilogy. Finally.

What I loved.

That final fight in London. My god, that was crazy as all hell.

"Shepard, good luck."

"Acknowledged."

The incidental conversations/codecs/easter eggs you find on the Normandy throughout the game.

What I didnt like as much.

The way they had to shoehorn in every single incidental character you passed in ME1 / ME2 in 3 somehow. 

The bloody fetch quests - I'd have liked more variety somehow - difficult to achieve I know

Multiplayer - didnt buy it for multiplayer, but it factored into how well you performed in the final assault. Felt un-necessary.

I also take it you had to purchase/download DLC in order to get into the crucible as it was being built - would have liked something around that...

I can see the hate behind the endings - but at the end, how were they going to do it? In a game all about choices and consequences, how else were they going to end it?

#destroy all the way.