DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

My friend and I keep saying the trilogy needs to be re-released on the new consoles. Would totally double dip on PS4 if it were to happen. No doubt in my mind the interest is most certainly there.

Was in a party chat while playing Destiny last night. I started talking about Mass Effect games and one of the guys in the chat said something like "they're okay." I didn't really like him before, and I certainly don't like him now.

Is it crazy to hope for big news about Mass Effect 4 today?

I think "big news" is wishful thinking (like HERE IS THE RELEASE DATE)

But I could see them doing something like HERE IS A RANDOM SCREEN SHOT!!!

Why do we have a separate thread for that?

Because this one is already 60 pages deep - and new people keep playing the original trilogy and once concrete stuff comes out about 4 - that will obliterate this thread if kept here

Plus - there was that whole thing about trying to keep reasonably sized threads

• 1 month later...
Guest The Magnificent 7

So I just beat ME3, and

after the star child was done yakking about choices I thought the choice to destroy the reapers would be to shoot him, so I shot him.  Well, he said "So be it" in some creepy voice and it went to a cut scene of Liara on a hologram telling a future eon that we failed but learn from us.

I don't think that was the right call to shoot the ghost kid. 

So I'm replaying the end right now and I guess I'll have to walk up to the light and make a choice there.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I just did...

I shot up the reactor thing and destroyed the Reapers.  Cut scenes showed the Reapers dying on Earth (Jacob blasting things), the Asari planet just as they were about to overwhelm them, and the Krogan planet.  Liara had to get Joker to leave and they barely outran the explosion, crash landing on some pretty planet.  Joker, Ashley, and Garrus walk out and look at the beauty.  Hackett starts speechifying some good stuff and then Ash, Garrus, Liara and the rest of my crew putting my name next to Anderson's on the wall of honor. 

At the very end there was an N7 dog tag that was on some body and it stirred.  Don't know what that was about as it was dark to make out.  Credits are roling right now.

So a good ending IMO to the series. I'm a hero (a dead one) and saved the damn galaxy.  Nothing wrong with a little chaos.  Those other choices were bullshit. 

Great game, great series.  Kind of wish Ash and I could  have settled down at the end and do the family thing, but duty called.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I'll try and reread all the spoilered posts I passed over throughout this thread, but the Reaper fools needed destroyed.  Don't tell me you had your head turned by Mikey selling Cinnamon Life. 

I just did...

I shot up the reactor thing and destroyed the Reapers.  Cut scenes showed the Reapers dying on Earth (Jacob blasting things), the Asari planet just as they were about to overwhelm them, and the Krogan planet.  Liara had to get Joker to leave and they barely outran the explosion, crash landing on some pretty planet.  Joker, Ashley, and Garrus walk out and look at the beauty.  Hackett starts speechifying some good stuff and then Ash, Garrus, Liara and the rest of my crew putting my name next to Anderson's on the wall of honor. 

At the very end there was an N7 dog tag that was on some body and it stirred.  Don't know what that was about as it was dark to make out.  Credits are roling right now.

So a good ending IMO to the series. I'm a hero (a dead one) and saved the damn galaxy.  Nothing wrong with a little chaos.  Those other choices were bullshit. 

Great game, great series.  Kind of wish Ash and I could  have settled down at the end and do the family thing, but duty called.

The stirring body means that Shepard actually survived. Although you did kill the Geth and EDI.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I just did...

The stirring body means that Shepard actually survived. Although you did kill the Geth and EDI.

War is hell.