DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/9/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Caleb Konley def. Kongo Kong with a rollup after Kongo missed a moonsault.

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing February 9, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*The DCC come to the ring for a promo. They say if anyone wants to step up, they will knock them back down. Eli Drake & Tyrus come out and challenge them to a 3 on 2 match.

*The DCC def. Eli Drake & Tyrus after Drake walked out on the match.

*Brandi Rhodes comes out and says her time in TNA has been pretty wild so far. She wants to solve her problem with Rosemary and calls her out. Rosemary comes out with Decay. They saw potential in Brandi but she wouldn't come to the darkness and rejected them. Decay surround Brandi. Rosemary puts her in a guillotine choke until Moose makes the save.

*Aron Rex def. Robbie E

*The Broken Hardys in ring for a promo. They have Vanguard 1 on a pedestal as a mechanism of teleporation. They will be teleporting all over the world to defeat team after team for title after title no matter the company. They may use it to go to the Honorable Ring to face the Bucks of Youth or to the Meek Mahon show. The Hardys touched Vanguard 1 and the lights went out. The lights came back on and the Hardys had teleported with Vanguard. Jeremy Borash told the live crowd that Matt texted him that they had teleported to Tijuana, Mexico (where they are booked next Saturday for a six man tag)

*Drew Galloway(c) def. Mahabali Shera via pinfall in round 2 to retain the Impact Grand Championship

*The Helms Dynasty come to the ring. New X Champ Trevor Lee says he is the crown jewel of the X Division and the Helms Dynasty. Helms says there is weakness in the Dynasty and that's Andrew Everett for failing time and time again. Everett says he's wrong as he's had to take the bullet for the Dynasty to protect Lee. Everett says he's not the problem, maybe Helms is. Helms & Trevor then attack Everett and leave him laying.

*Lashley(c) def. Eddie Edwards to retain the TNA Worlds Heavyweight Championship in Eddie's final shot after Davey Richards turned on Eddie and pulled out the ref when Eddie had the match won. Angelina Love (Davey's wife) and Alexxis Nevaeh (Eddie's wife) were front row for the match and Angelina attacked Alexxis as well. After the match, Davey and Angelina beat down Eddie and Alexxis in the ring.

The inevitable turn has finally happened : (. Interesting that the wives are involved as well. I'm happy for Alexxis as I've always liked her and she had an awesome run in WSU back in 2011.

• 3 weeks later...

The Hardys bit was greatness, lead us to the tag team champions of Mexico! Awesome that we get the Hardys vs Psicosis & Super Crazy airing next week. I was digging the Eli Drake/Tyrus team so it sucks to see them split so soon. This week Drew got his other theme back again, odd, but a good victory for him. Lashley's new theme is taking some getting used to as well, liked his original more. Enjoyed Lashley/Edwards as usual. Thought the closing angle was well done even though I hate to see the Wolves split. Angela's KO shot to Alisha looked fantastic. Laughed at Davey's reasoning shouting to Eddie "It's always all about you, you don't believe in us anymore!" Davey should make for a solid top heel anyways. Moved stuff over that didn't air here, but with as much as there is left to air, it looks like they will fill the March 2 show which I had previously assumed would be the "live" show to kick off new tapings but I guess not.

That Lashley/Edwards main event was wonderfully intense.  As much as I loved the Iron Man match I enjoyed this one more.  Lashley's a bona fide star and should be paid tons of money.  Edwards did great as the plucky babyface that almost got the win.  And they did a great start with his feud with Davey.  Having his (hot) wife watch while he gets pummeled and choked out is a great start for a good ol' blood feud.

• Like 3

I like the reasoning for the Davey turn. The injured partner grows jealous as he watches his partner go on to greater singles success. 

In Eddie's defense, what was he supposed to do? Stop wrestling while his partner was out? The angle is so simple, yet so effective. I see the blowoff being a cage match where they really bring the hate.

• Like 3

So, THAT is the character that Arron Rex wanted to do in WWE?!  I guess Vince isn't completely out of touch yet if he put the kibosh on that.  Yeesh!

So, was the whole DCC attacks Tyrus and Drake thing just an excuse to turn Tyrus face?  I feel like there was an either way of doing that?!

Maybe I'm a little too fastforward-happy but why can't Braxton Sutter say "No I'm not dating her" to Maria?  Is Maria threatening to fire Allie if he doesn't date LVN?  Can Allie really fire anybody if it's been established she is no longer in power? This whole thing makes Braxton look like the wimpiest doofus in pro wrestling.  I realize how much ground that covers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caley said:

So, THAT is the character that Arron Rex wanted to do in WWE?!  I guess Vince isn't completely out of touch yet if he put the kibosh on that.  Yeesh!

So, was the whole DCC attacks Tyrus and Drake thing just an excuse to turn Tyrus face?  I feel like there was an either way of doing that?!

Maybe I'm a little too fastforward-happy but why can't Braxton Sutter say "No I'm not dating her" to Maria?  Is Maria threatening to fire Allie if he doesn't date LVN?  Can Allie really fire anybody if it's been established she is no longer in power? This whole thing makes Braxton look like the wimpiest doofus in pro wrestling.  I realize how much ground that covers.

I don't have a huge problem with the Braxton thing since its obvious that she's black mailing him with something to get him to date LVN. 

Now if you were to call him a doofus for NOT wanting to get with LVN, I'd agree. 

I finished the show.  Everything outside of the Hardyz was pretty counter-productive to me.
-DCC struggling to defeat two guys in a 3 on 2 advantage kind of killed off their renewed heat from the end of last week's episode.  Drake turning on Tyrus made no sense, neither did Drake coming out, the crowd REALLY excited for him to cut a promo on DCC, then he continues to refuse to talk kinda deflated the crowd before the match even began.
-Andrew Everett leaving the Helms Dynasty makes the most sense, because his offence is much better suited to being a face, but all of a sudden being kicked out with no real build-up was counter-productive.
-I'll be honest, I didn't even watch the Grand Championship match.  There's an interesting concept in there, but the way the matches are booked just leave me totally uninterested.
-Moose saving Brandi is weird.  It smacks of "We've got nothing for you Moose, go save this random woman".  Decay being heel/face/heel/face/heel is getting Big Show-ish.  Rosemary should be in a program with Sienna, while Brandi struggles against Maria and her girl crew would be a better match-up for her.  Though I did enjoy when Brandi said she had beef with someone so evil and the crowd chanted "Maria!", who's disgusting and they chanted her name again, and she said something else and they yelled Maria's name again.
-I like Spud getting more time, but not in that angle.  That whole thing just is not working.
-I actually liked the Davey heel turn if, for no other reason, then they can FINALLY have Lashley fight somebody else.  He's been a never-ending feud with EC3 and EE since, what July?! They hot-shotted the Moose-Lashley match.  I'm curious who the next world title contender is going to...it's going to be EC3, isn't it?!

• Like 1