DVDVR Message Board

Random music thoughts

Randy

I am harsher on the Beatles than most (discounting crazy people that just hate everything they did) since I actually acknowledge they had periods where they were flat out not very good, but one of the reasons they are eternally successful is that they changed sounds so many times and actually reinvented themselves successfully. They went through a couple phases I genuinely hate, but even then they have three albums I think are in those 5 star indisputable range and many other songs I still like. And their cross section of styles is going to hit anyone with any serious interest in popular music, somewhere, at some point in their phases. In hindsight very few bands have been able to change sounds once with great success, the Beatles did it multiple times, and that is special.

so I have this friend

we are rival songwriters, because every time one of us puts something out we feel like super intense pressure to keep up

also I post-produce his records

anyways his new record is called "An Ekphora" and it's very good and you can get it by clicking here.

and now I have to get to work on my next one

While I think Axl and Slash reuniting is a good thing, it bugs me how many legitimate news sources are saying that Slash is a "founding member" of the band.

*Of the version that people know of

No one gives a shit about Ole Beich.

Is there any word on who else will be in this lineup?

I would imagine if it happens that Richard Fortus will probably play rhythm instead of Izzy/Gilby. I think Fotus is the only core member of the current band actually still part of the band.

While I think Axl and Slash reuniting is a good thing, it bugs me how many legitimate news sources are saying that Slash is a "founding member" of the band.

*Of the version that people know of

No one gives a shit about Ole Beich.

Of course, but still, words mean things.

I'm actually more interested in a weird GNR NuGNR hybrid show than a full reunion or full Nu show. Axl/Slash/Duff + Fotus/Ferrerr is more exciting to me. I'd love to hear Slash play on some CD stuff. Slash solo on This I Love would be great to hear.