DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K17

20 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

If Zack Ryder interrupts my fucking promos one more fucking time, I'm deleting this fucking game.

I don't know why, but this made me do a legit spit take, resulting in me having to clean. 

So fuck off. You owe me a new Windex and paper towels, but nice job giving me a laugh large enough to warrant me having to get around cleaning off Rolling Stone's/beer bottles/pistachio shells from my coffee table. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I don't know why, but this made me do a legit spit take, resulting in me having to clean. 

So fuck off. You owe me a new Windex and paper towels, but nice job giving me a laugh large enough to warrant me having to get around cleaning off Rolling Stone's/beer bottles/pistachio shells from my coffee table. 

Send the bill to Zack Ryder.  If I owned him any harder in those promos I'd have to claim him as a dependent on my taxes.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Send the bill to Zack Ryder.  If I owned him any harder in those promos I'd have to claim him as a dependent on my taxes.

nJcIjrh.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

So my created wrestler just skipped NXT and went straight to RAW. Was this because I pre-ordered it and has some pack? Or was I just too awesome at the tutorial?

If you beat Joe in the match and then beat Enzo in the promo, you skip NXT and go straight to Raw.

3 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

If you beat Joe in the match and then beat Enzo in the promo, you skip NXT and go straight to Raw.

Oh good, it was because I was awesome and it wasn't just handed to me. Although I did promptly lose my first match on RAW.

13 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Oh good, it was because I was awesome and it wasn't just handed to me. Although I did promptly lose my first match on RAW.

Then 50 more. Which results in you getting stuck fighting Titus on Superstars for a year. 

14 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Well that explains a lot.  I thought it was just Jason giving me lip service but sending me to NXT anyway.  That does save me some time then so can't complain that much.  Might end up doing another career where I end up doing NXT.

15 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Is your create a wrestler 6'4", 250, and does he have great hair?

• Like 2

Do any of you know how to win by submission this year? Last year you could tap people out by rocking left and right, but this year you kind of catch up to their icon for a bit and then no matter what they just change direction and outpace me no matter what

I hear the button mashing one is impossible if you're not turbofingered

I wish they'd give an option to set pins and submission escapes to automatic, the AI vs AI matches with no meters reflect the progression of a real match far better most of the time and the meters look terrible and distracting anyway

You actually have to use boost this year, but don't lay on it or you run out.  Boost until you're on top of their shit, stop boosting until you have to move again.  I still really suck at it this year when I was the one telling everyone how to fucking do it last year

For whatever bugs and issues I've found in the game thus far, the matches I've had have been really, great. I move sliders around so the matches last a big longer and I've had some straight up classics. I had a six man tag last night that Jumbo would have been proud of.

18 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

You actually have to use boost this year, but don't lay on it or you run out.  Boost until you're on top of their shit, stop boosting until you have to move again.  I still really suck at it this year when I was the one telling everyone how to fucking do it last year

I have yet to get a submission but I've come a lot closer.  Big differences in stats mean a lot more this year - if your guy doesn't have good submission stats, he's not tapping people out.  I can pretty reliably get *out* of submissions now after Joe was wiping the floor with me to start.

I'm actually able to get submissions with the slider this year after not getting a single one last year.  It helps if you concentrate on destroying whatever body part you're trying to submit.  Don't even bother locking in a hold if you don't work the body part.  And wait until the opponent is beat down completely and out of stamina.  Even then, you may want to have an extra finisher saved in case you need to try again.  It's more work than it should be, but it's not impossible to get the hang of doing.

Yeah, I might give my career guy a submission signature so I can always just hit a pinfall finisher after if needed.

I probably have no business tapping Cesaro at 66 OVR at this point anyway, but it gets a bit annoying playing as Becky and Sasha against a jobber-level wrestler and having your matches run insanely long because your finisher never ends the match. There are lots of very neat looking subs added this year so hopefully it gets easier with practice

Ugh, I also just had my game wiped because I downloaded a Bobby Roode with too many textures - back up your saves people