DVDVR Message Board

The 2016 NBA Finals: Cleveland vs Golden State

Dolfan in NYC

Going to be a lot of bitter Lebron James haters.  I mean Skip Bayless might not even show up tomorrow

And right now the Bulls are doing their 1972 Miami Dolphins impersonation.   I can live without listening to Pippen for the next week or two

2 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

So Lebron definitely stabs Cleveland in the back again now, right?

Oh I fully expect Lebron to leave Cleveland this year.  He came home for only one reason and he did it.  Now he can do his own shit.   And I don't think people in Cleveland would be that upset

2 hours ago, JCM said:

Cavs are lucky this isn't a blow out with their 1-14 from 3 and 8 TO's.  Green is having the game of his life.

I disagreed.  If it wasn't for Green's play and some other threes, I thought Cleveland was playing the better game in the 1st half until the last couple of minutes..  Yeah, they missed a ton of open 3 pointers, but they were getting almost anything they wanted inside until the last couple of minutes.

Also that Lebron block superman block was...whoa.  Just whoa.  Need a gif of that in here STAT.   However, Kyrie has balls of steel.  That three pointer in Steph Curry's face was cold-blooded.

• Like 1

Harrison Barnes should have taken the money last offseason. The Cavs did what they needed to win, Draymond was the only Warrior to do what he needed to do. Kerr with some questionable decisions in the second half of game 7 of the NBA Finals.

This time next year, Cleveland?

• Like 1

Curry was terrible.  Invisible for long stretches, several awful shots, and roughly fifty billion turnovers on behind the back passes for no reason.  Good grief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pipGofern said:

Hope this is an omen for a Cubs World Series title in a few months. Just let all the long suffering fan bases off the hook in one fell swoop.

Damn you the Pirates have enough trouble beating them we don't need that :D

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm not defending Curry, he struggled, but Lebron actually committed more turnovers than Steph

He also had 10 more points, 6 more rebounds, 9 more assists, 2 more blocks, and 1 more steal. LeBron showed who is the best player in the game this series. Golden State scored 13 points in the 4th quarter they choked.

6 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

MVP?  Irving deserves the MVP but you know we have to make him look good.

LeBron followed back to back 40-point games with 27-11-11.  Kyrie had an amazing series but LeBron is the MVP. His defense was every bit as great as his offense too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

MVP?  Irving deserves the MVP but you know we have to make him look good.

Are you arguing that Lebron isn't the MVP of this series? Kyrie was amazing tonight, but really?

Curry's fouls are on him more than refs.  Yeah there was some bad calls, but back to back games he still doing the same reaching in and risk taking for the steals.  After awhile you can't keep blaming the refs guys.

No question. Again, that wasn't a defense of Curry, just pointing out that calling it "roughly fifty billion turnovers" was not a fair view if the game at all.

Steph has not done much in 13 finals games now. It's an issue.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

No question. Again, that wasn't a defense of Curry, just pointing out that calling it "roughly fifty billion turnovers" was not a fair view if the game at all.

Steph has not done much in 13 finals games now. It's an issue.

I don't disagree but we can't pretend that Steph is like Nick Anderson or something.

If the Warriors won the game Dray would have been the MVP for them.  Iggy got it last year. I know it's "just an award" to some people but the greats aren't consistently outplayed by their teammates for long stretches.

No hate on Curry but man, when people started saying he's better than LeBron, I just didn't see it. Definitely not yet.  LeBron still the king.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

LeBron followed back to back 40-point games with 27-11-11.  Kyrie had an amazing series but LeBron is the MVP. His defense was every bit as great as his offense too.

Lebron outscored him, out rebounded him, out assisted him, out blocked him, and out stole him. This is just about the easiest MVP vote this century.