DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Infinit said:

.The Raptors ended up a top 4 team this year. I'm proud of what they accomplished and I'm also proud of our city that had 2000+ watching every game outside the ACC. How many other playoff teams had that support?? I'm pretty sure none of the other teams had the passionate following that the Raptors did. And remember, we have the 9th overall pick in this year's draft. This was a good year. Just remember we finished better than 25 other teams. #wethenorth 

The number 9 pick in a meh draft really wont offset losing DeRozan and Biyombo.  

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Also, and more serious, just saw that LeBron is the second player ever to get to the finals at least three times each on two different teams (Rodman being the first)

I think he's also the first non-Celtic to make it to the Finals six times in a row.

2 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

The number 9 pick in a meh draft really wont offset losing DeRozan and Biyombo.  

Pretty much. Time to rebuild because these guys try hard but we witnessed their ceiling. I'd like to see Casey run an offense not built around two iso/"I can't beat this guy, please bring a late pick" players. Really, it could be a long time until they get back here but they don't have the talent to simply reload unless KD goes to his childhood team.

And for all the talk about easy paths, it doesn't get much easier than meandering through this eastern conference. That can be said going back years. Indiana, Atlanta, old man Boston and Toronto as your big opponents and Indiana n Boston even pushed James' teams hard.

• Like 1

Hell of a year for the Raptors. I think they definitely played above where they should be. Lowry/Derozan are a hell of a backcourt and they bust their fucking ass. Obviously they weren't consistent in the playoffs but they survived (and JV and Bismack were really good) enough to be 2-2 against a team with the best player of his generation with two awesome sidekicks and a bunch of good role players.

I hope they stick with this team just a bit longer. Being a "LeBron accidentally steps on his son's 19th pair of Beats headphones" away from making the finals is a really awesome accomplishment. I don't know how they can do better than that. I would actually give the Raptors a long-term "buy" rating. Canada's starting to produce more and more ballers like Wiggins. Canadian pride runs deep. Drake has a Hollywood allure (that I don't get but whatever). Toronto is also an awesome city, too. They might start getting some real serious FA looks with Masa at the helm, and Casey is a really popular coach.

But this was a great year for Toronto. They were a lot of fun to watch.

1 minute ago, Lawful Metal said:

The NBA don't care how obvious the game is rigged.

Also, how can Curry be the greatest of all time when he's not even the best player on his own team?

LOL

Did the NBA make Durant take dumb shot after dumb shot after dumb shot? I was rooting for OKC but c'mon.

2 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

The NBA don't care how obvious the game is rigged.

Also, how can Curry be the greatest of all time when he's not even the best player on his own team?

Please explain how the refs made 21 3s go in.  Because that's the reason they won.

Edited by sydneybrown

There were at least 3 ridiculous calls against the Warriors in that game anyway. It's just Lawful Metal's gimmick. That the majority of you were slumming it in the Warriors hate to make him seem like just another poster isn't a good look on you lot. 

• Like 1