DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

Man.... these semis have been really painful for me. 

I can't root for the Warriors. I can't root for the Thunder. I can't root for the Cavs (Richard Jefferson shall not get a ring!) and I have no faith in the Raptors. What's a defeated Spurs fan to do? 

Drink like the rest of us and wonder how much it's going to take to get KD on your team next year. 

27 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

The more successful the Thunder are, the less likely he is moving anywhere. 

People said the same thing about LeBron and Miami.   If KD gets a good enough offer, he will jet even if he wins a title with OKC.  The ring just gives him more clout when they talk salary.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

People said the same thing about LeBron and Miami.   If KD gets a good enough offer, he will jet even if he wins a title with OKC.  The ring just gives him more clout when they talk salary.

The Heat got run off the floor by the Spurs. If OKC gets squashed, you may be right. If he wins a ring, he signs a one year with OKC and gets the mega contract next year.

6 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

The Heat got run off the floor by the Spurs. If OKC gets squashed, you may be right. If he wins a ring, he signs a one year with OKC and gets the mega contract next year.

And that ended a run where they got to the Finals 4 straight times, winning 2.   

If they lose this series, or get demolished by Cleveland, then it's still up in the air.   

As it stands right now, yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere either. But it's still fun to speculate, because talking about Dray being dirty or Steph being hurt gets boring after a while. 

KD strikes me as the kind of guy that would want to win on his own terms and not by joining a super group. He and Westbrook are so close now, that even if they don't win it this year, it would feel like he's admitting he can't get it done the "right way" should he leave for San Antonio, Golden State (especially if they end up winning the series), or Miami/whomever. Can you imagine if they weren't spending almost $12 million on Kyle Singler, Anthony Morrow and Nick Collison (bless him) and instead used that money on another top level supporting player that would actually get minutes?  

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The "This isn't an excuse, but..." excuses are beginning.  

Woj says Steph is playing at "no more than 70%".  

ESPN was beating this talking point like a drum this morning,  Based on Kerr saying Steph is not injured - and appearing to choose his words carefully - people took that to mean Steph hurt but not enough to sit.

How many guys at this point in the season are much more than 70%.  Everyone's hurting.

I just want to get this on record here so I can't possibly lie later:

I'll believe Toronto can win in Cleveland when I see it happen, and not a moment before that. Right now this reminds me of the first two rounds of Boston's 2008 playoff run, where they were sleepwalking on the road and killers at home.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The "This isn't an excuse, but..." excuses are beginning.  

Woj says Steph is playing at "no more than 70%".  

Shameful considering the injury wasteland in the West last year and the Cavs injuries.

He probably is not 100%, but I feel like the people playing that up probably didn't mention how super lucky/easy their run was last year. 

50 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Shameful considering the injury wasteland in the West last year and the Cavs injuries.

He probably is not 100%, but I feel like the people playing that up probably didn't mention how super lucky/easy their run was last year. 

Steph's a bitch

I didn't hear a peep about Curry's injuries when he returned and torched Portland in overtime or when he had an explosion in the 3rd quarter of game 2 in this series. He looks tired to me and that shouldn't be that big of a surprise if you've been watching the series because he is getting worked at both ends.  He's chasing Westbrook around at times, he's having to crash the boards more and on offense he's fighting for his life to get open, the physicality and length of OKC is really bothering him. 

If I had to bet I'd say the Warriors probably get hot at some point in game 5 and maybe the Thunder don't match their intensity. I'd bet GSW in that game. But I don't know if they can get three in a row.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I just want to get this on record here so I can't possibly lie later:

I'll believe Toronto can win in Cleveland when I see it happen, and not a moment before that. Right now this reminds me of the first two rounds of Boston's 2008 playoff run, where they were sleepwalking on the road and killers at home.

I don't necessarily believe this is what will happen, but I kinda want to see Toronto win game 6, then go to Cleveland for game 7 and .... somehow find a way to win game 7 and stab Clevelanders in the heart yet again.