DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Your TUF Brazil 4 coaches are Shogun and Anderson Silva.

Are they going to fight at the end of the series?

Per the UFC, they are not scheduled to fight at the end of the season.

When does the season end?  Doesn't Shogun fight Saint Prieux in like five days?

Yeah. The season starts airing in April and being filmed in Las Vegas. So I guess Shogun and Andy will be fighting different opponents for International Fight Week, which is 7/7 - 7/12. I am also guessing the TUF Brazil 4 finale will be on July 12, with the PPV being the day before. They probably expect a big Brazilian contingent to be in Vegas that week.

The top Korean 105 lb. atomweight and current DEEP JEWELS featherweight champ. “Hamderlei Silva” Seo Hee Ham has signed with the UFC and is going to be moving back up to 115 lbs. to compete in their strawweight division.

She's currently riding a 6 fight win streak with her last fight having had taken place a couple of days ago where she beat Saori Ishioka for the third time in her career by submission with an armbar in the second round.

Ham has 5 loses on her record all of which have been to legit good competition: Mega Megu, MIKU, Ayaka Hamasaki and Yuka Tsuji.

Las Vegas, Nevada – The stars of the UFC® will converge in Las Vegas alongside UFC President Dana White to launch an incredible slate of upcoming events. THE TIME IS NOW launch will feature the largest compilation of champions, contenders and main event headliners on the same stage. The event, which is free and open to the public, will take place at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts at 2 p.m. PT on Monday, Nov. 17, and will be streamed live on www.ufc.com

As the UFC spans the globe with incredible live events from December’s Fight Night in Brazil to UFC® 184 in Los Angeles in February, the time is now to gear up for an epic stretch of fights inside the iconic Octagon®. For the first time ever, the UFC will also unveil its entire 2015 calendar and make a very special announcement.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-stars-take-center-stage-in-las-vegas-on-nov-17?utm_campaign=UFC&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1415225306

Not a UFC fight, but a pretty big non-UFC fight, Satoru Kitaoka will be defending the DEEP LW title against Yoshiyuki Yoshida on NYE.

Since nobody mentioned it, the lovely Rose Namajunas won on TUF, and advances to fight the lovely Joanne Calderwood. And the one with a 'fake' knee injury turned out to have a fully torn ACL.

Since nobody mentioned it, the lovely Rose Namajunas won on TUF, and advances to fight the lovely Joanne Calderwood. And the one with a 'fake' knee injury turned out to have a fully torn ACL.

Yeah, she tore her ACL, but never had surgery or rehab and is fighting on the finale in December...ummm riiiiiight.

Except she's not fighting on the finale, and did have knee surgery. Whoops.

That's a different woman entirely.  Heather Clark is the one they just said has the ACL tear.

heatherjoclark @heatherjoclark  ·  Nov 6

@DUG717: @heatherjoclark Are you fighting in the finale after last nights news?” YES

• Like 1

IIRC, Justine Kish went out with an ACL tear and that sent Tecia over to Team Pettis and back into the tournament to fight Bec.

Right, but I was talking about Heather Clark who was the one who lost to Felice, who on last night's episode said that she too had an ACL tear. Yet despite this she didn't have surgery, didn't go to rehab, AND is fighting on the finale. 

IIRC, Justine Kish went out with an ACL tear and that sent Tecia over to Team Pettis and back into the tournament to fight Bec.

Right, but I was talking about Heather Clark who was the one who lost to Felice, who on last night's episode said that she too had an ACL tear. Yet despite this she didn't have surgery, didn't go to rehab, AND is fighting on the finale. 

Yes, I know this. I watch the show.

Angela Magaña is the worse personality on the show. She acts like she's 14 years old.

Also, it seemed as if 30 or more minutes of the show were focused on Rose.

Also Pettis and Gil aren't exactly the most charismatic coaches.

Angela Magaña is the worse personality on the show. She acts like she's 14 years old.

Also, it seemed as if 30 or more minutes of the show were focused on Rose.

In the pictures on the tournament bracket, the picture of Magana looks nothing like the actual woman you see on the telly.

Also, if I was a camera operator on the show, I'd probably spend quite a lot of time focussing on Rose.