DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

The problem with the time is now tagline, what makes UFC brass so sure everyone is going to train smart and stay healthy now?  They haven't been doing it lately.

Yeah it's great to have all these big fights lined up, but last year we lost fights just days out.  Fighters are not training smart.  Duke Roufus is making guys kill each other in his gym.  

"Who give a shit about Nik Lentz?"

:(

Not that I have anything against Lentz, but he grinds out a few wins and then he chokes in a big fight.  He talked a big game against a sick Chad Mendes and had nothing for him.

They did kinda mention Cain vs. Werdum in June and it will be in Mexico.

So Cain, don't fuck up in training again.

Fuck enough about Brock fucking Lesnar.  Dude isn't fighting.  

They should not have promoted a big announcement.  Just say, "Hey we're having a big press conference with all the main eventers, they will answer questions from fans in attendnace and on Twitter."  They set themselves up for a big fail by teasing a big announcement.

I am surprised Dana didn't throw someone under the bus. That could've easily turned into "this fucking French Canadian guy wants more money. Who the fuck does he think he is? Our biggest draw in Canada?!?!"

I am surprised Dana didn't throw someone under the bus. That could've easily turned into "this fucking French Canadian guy wants more money. Who the fuck does he think he is? Our biggest draw in Canada?!?!"

Crazy idea, but maybe they should get the deal done first and then plan the press conference?  Wacky, I know.

Six years ago, Rampage was one of my most favorite fighters.  He was an entertaining dude.  He had his ups and downs in the UFC.  I understand he wasn't happy there anymore.  But I never imagined he was going to become this much of a crybaby and cheeseball.  Seems like everything just snowballed after he lost the title to Griffin.

Spike TV and Bellator probably made a ton of promises to him that he realizes are not coming true in terms of TV and movie deals.  Not to mention TNA.  Bellator made it seem like they were going to have there guys crossover with TNA, and all that failed miserably as well. 

He managed to talk himself out of a Reebok deal when he had a national spot with Demarcus Ware on television. Most of this is just Rampage being fickle.

The thing with this is Bjorn and other high level execs probably did promise him PPVs and movies along with the TNA gig. Realistically, he should have known ain't fucking NO ONE at Paramount Pictures looking to cast him in anything. Not Transformers. Not Hercules. Not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Nothing. Nada. Joe Carnahan probably would work with him again but he works for NBC now doing shitty shows with Katherine Heigl. Quinton doesn't have a level of professionalism commonly associated with non-actors trying to get film and TV work.

In addition, TNA could not do anything with wrestlers they had. What were they going to do with Rampage? Having a ton of miles on your body already and never having an affinity to deal with a lifestyle radically different from legit sports was a death blow to whatever the hell Dixie Carter wanting him to do. This is something I tried to get across to rimz when Mo was on the shelf (IIRC when he was under suspension) and getting ready to go to Louisville. Long story short, Rimz knew what was up and Mo didn't. Sometimes, fighters have no grip with reality. With Rampage, he probably never had it in the first place.

• Like 1