DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/21/16

victor

Main Event Spoilers:

Apollo Crews defeated Curtis Axel

* Summer Rae defeated Alicia Fox

* Kane and Big Show defeated Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman

Smackdown Spoilers:

* WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Maryse kick off SmackDown with MizTV in the ring. We see Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson attacking Roman Reigns on RAW. Guest AJ Styles comes out and says he had nothing to do with it. This leads to Styles vs. Miz being announced for tonight

* Also taking place will be Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens

* Ryback defeated WWE United States Champion Kalisto in a non-title match

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin never happens as Corbin beats Ziggler down outside of the ring and hits End of Days

* AJ Styles defeated The Miz in a good match. Miz tried to leave at one point but Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson stopped him. This led to AJ getting the win. AJ had a staredown with Gallows and Anderson after the match

* The Miz remains in the ring for a dark segment. He wants his loss investigated and he's not happy about how he's being treated. Shane McMahon interrupts to a huge pop. Miz demands that Shane put him at the top of his list and starts poking him around. Shane fires back, beats Miz up and sends him flying from the ring

* Backstage segment with Gallows and Anderson. They say they're just making an impact, not joining up with Styles. They will debut against The Usos on RAW

* Paige and Natalya defeated Tamina Snuka and Naomi with double Sharpshooters. Paige got a huge pop

* R-Truth defeated Fandango with Goldust as special referee. They danced after the match

* Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady come out for promos in the ring. The Vaudevillains interrupt from the stage and they have words about their tournament finals match at Payback. All four were said to be very good here

* A video for Primo and Epico aired

* Shane announces via video that Corbin vs. Ziggler and Styles vs. Alberto Del Rio will take place after the tapings as dark matches

* Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens defeated Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose in the main event, said to be a very good match.

I'm enjoying the Anderson/Gallows-Styles deal because it could go any number of ways:

-Styles was in on it all along and is playing dumb.

-Anderson/Gallows are taking it upon themselves to help him, Styles tells them to stop, they take offence and beat him up which leads to Styles/Someone vs. Anderson/Gallows

-Anderson/Gallows are swerving everyone and team up with Reigns at the PPV or down the line.

-Anderson/Gallows are representing someone else (Balor?)

And all these avenues are open at the moment.  It's fun!

Also, I'm going to assume the Shane beats up Miz thing is for the audience and won't air.

Lastly, I like that there was no end game for the Kalisto/Ryback feud: "What do we do with either guy now?" "Eh, wait a couple weeks after WM and we'll just restart it."

1 hour ago, caley said:

I'm enjoying the Anderson/Gallows-Styles deal because it could go any number of ways:

-Styles was in on it all along and is playing dumb.

-Anderson/Gallows are taking it upon themselves to help him, Styles tells them to stop, they take offence and beat him up which leads to Styles/Someone vs. Anderson/Gallows

-Anderson/Gallows are swerving everyone and team up with Reigns at the PPV or down the line.

I'm really hoping its this one.

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

So happy that The Dads are back together again for another match.

I've been calling them the Canadads to my friends the past couple of weeks. None of them know what I'm talking about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, caley said:

Representing the Authority seems like a reasonable guess. Not sure if that would turn out fun but it makes sense with Reigns.

37 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Nah. What better way to troll the IWC than to make Roman Reigns the head of the WWE Bullet Club? The heat would be insane.

Anderson and Gallows can justify it by saying they rode with the biggest stars in Japan. That they followed AJ Styles because, at the time, he was THE GUY. But here in WWE, Roman Reigns is THE GUY and as long as Anderson and Gallows have a say in it, that's how it'll stay.

It's the thing that would make the most sense, because it's the only scenario where the face/heel dynamic would be what you would normally want it to be.

If you have the Bullet Club with AJ, AJ would still be cheered and Roman would still be booed.

I don't think Gallows and Anderson are popular enough on their own that they would still be cheered, if they teamed with Roman.

Besides the obvious, the group name that has been thrown around a lot lately is "Bulletproof" and what is Roman wearing?

But of course, because it makes, it won't happen, because the WWE never does anything that makes sense.

• Like 1

Well the general answer is Vince hates managers

Because there are about a half a dozen people currently better suited to be managers that whatever they are doing now but Vince is only going to allow Heyman to be a manager and even then - there is a reason he is an "advocate"

I almost wonder if bringing Maryse back was a sort of thank you to Miz for being such a good company man for the now... shit... 10 years he as been with them.

Obviously it fits in with the story they are going with and her being on Total Divas but I doubt he hesitated when they pitched the idea of having his wife on the road with him.