DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - KEVIN NASH

RIPPA

Dear Lord, if there is a worker I like least in the world, it is probably Kevin Nash.  I kinda wish the proposed Battle of the Power Bombs between him and Vader would've taken place In WCW so that Vader could've broken him in half.

Despite my hate for Kevin Nash, I did think that the Jersey Triad (DDP, Kanyon, Nash) had the potential to be a great heel stable.

• Like 2

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Nash. He's the single worst Top Guy of the modern era. Least-drawing, least-deserving, most sabotaging of the overall product. Dropped the ball consistently, every time he was given a solo run as The Man. Always claims to be a real-life badass, but I've heard precisely zero confirmed stories of him ever beating anyone in a backstage fight. And I'd argue his disastrous booking spree from 98-99 makes him more directly responsible for the eventual death of WCW than anyone else on the creative side. FUCK Nash. Arrogant unworthy non-working piece of shit.

• Like 1

Dear Lord, if there is a worker I like least in the world, it is probably Kevin Nash.  I kinda wish the proposed Battle of the Power Bombs between him and Vader would've taken place In WCW so that Vader could've broken him in half.

Despite my hate for Kevin Nash, I did think that the Jersey Triad (DDP, Kanyon, Nash) had the potential to be a great heel stable.

I have absolutely no memory of Nash being in the Jersey Triad.  Jersey Triad was always DDP, Kanyon, Bam Bam Bigelow so far as I can remember. 

Nash and Page teamed together near the end of WCW as the Insiders.

Jersey Triad was a decent stable.  Insiders not so much,

I have absolutely no memory of Nash being in the Jersey Triad.  Jersey Triad was always DDP, Kanyon, Bam Bam Bigelow so far as I can remember. 

Nash and Page teamed together near the end of WCW as the Insiders.

Jersey Triad was a decent stable.  Insiders not so much,

Nash is from Michigan so I don't see him in the Jersey Triad. 

w/Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin and Jay Lethal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alqXsTwmPNk
W/Samoa Joe and Eric Young vs Kurt Angle AJ Styles and Tomko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYpE6PjD0c
w/Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles and Tomko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U677THvx-w
w/Christian Cage and Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle AJ Styles and Tomko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmGOjsa7llY
w/Sting Booker T and Scott Steiner vs AJ Styles Samoa Joe and Team 3D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is2O1nuj2BA

• 6 years later...

Came here to blow off a little steam after the Scott Hall thread where this doesn’t belong. Don’t turn Nash face. He doesn’t deserve it. I don’t buy his attitude change 1 bit and I don’t believe anything he says about trying to help people in TNA, that there was a method to the madness as a booker, that he had plans for Rey, etc. Yes he does spin it so that it sure sounds that way but all that tells me is something that I think you’ll agree with, but have never considered.

He was just like Hogan and second only to him. He knows how to tell a dang lie and stick with it, and he’ll do it without even planning to. It just happens whenever he’s backed into a corner. And if it’s a whopper then so what it’s a whopper. He’ll do it every time. 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:12 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Came here to blow off a little steam after the Scott Hall thread where this doesn’t belong. Don’t turn Nash face. He doesn’t deserve it. I don’t buy his attitude change 1 bit and I don’t believe anything he says about trying to help people in TNA, that there was a method to the madness as a booker, that he had plans for Rey, etc. Yes he does spin it so that it sure sounds that way but all that tells me is something that I think you’ll agree with, but have never considered.

He was just like Hogan and second only to him. He knows how to tell a dang lie and stick with it, and he’ll do it without even planning to. It just happens whenever he’s backed into a corner. And if it’s a whopper then so what it’s a whopper. He’ll do it every time. 

it showed at the time, and i believe history will continue to show, that you're right.

Diesel as WWF champ was the worst point of the company's life. gates were down, viewership was down, PPV buys were down. I know that not all of that is his fault, but in a yearlong reign, he does shoulder some of that blame. Who got over more in their feuds with Diesel? nobody. (arguably Shawn Michaels, but Vince was putting him over big every chance he got).

His run as booker in WCW was terrible. i know that once again, it came as the company was the shits anyway. But he immediately put himself over Goldberg, the hottest star in the company (by far) and then we got the Fingerpoke of Doom. I mentioned in another thread fairly recently that the Fingerpoke sucked because nobody got over from it. But his booking goes farther than that. He allegedly booked for several months (i couldn't find an exact timeline). but who got over in that timeframe? nobody. 

His 2002-2004 WWE run was terrible, although little/none of that is directly his fault. He did have a main event run with HHH that didn't accomplish anything.

People remember his TNA run for his X-Division stint. One could argue that he helped a portion of that division (the Paparazzi Productions part was good, and i seem to remember some sort of Kevin Nash Invitational something-or-other), but ultimately it didn't go anywhere and didn't he squash the X-Div Champion or something? i try to block a lot of TNA from my mind.

years later, he elbowed CM Punk out of a match/feud with HHH. That match had the potential to elevate CM Punk, but obviously that didn't happen.

look, i LOVE the nWo and i think a lot of that was Nash being awesome (at least to teenage me). but he's been absolutely ABYSSMAL when given any sort of power, whether that be booking responsibilities or a run as "the guy". and let's not forget this quote from 2012 (in other interviews he also referred to these two guys as "vanilla midgets"):

When Benoit and Guerrero hugged [at the end of WrestleMania XX], that was the end of the business

Wow I never knew about that quote. It reminds me of the time Hogan blamed Benoit and Malenko’s first to last segment on Nitro on the alltime low ratings for his last segment/main event. They’re that much alike. 

How about in the months leading to Starrcade that you mentioned, when he booked himself to win WWIII by eliminating that ring full of jobbers in 2 minutes while the announcers sold it like it was SCSA winning the Royal Rumble?

Now he’s doing the wise old man gimmick in shoots and podcasts like he ever cared about anybody or anything but himself. He’s not the first guy to do this with 20 20 hindsight or anything but for some reason him doing it disgusts me.  I can’t believe how many people buy it. 

Then every now and then when somebody throws him a hardball his old self comes out and he says HUHHYUCK YOU MAD DAT I MADE MONEYZ AND I BETTERZ DAN RICKY MORTON! Ricky Morton must have banged this guy’s mama. Just like he’s second only to Hogan at being Hogan, he’s second only to Jim Cornette at hating a mfer. Jim Cornette’s hatred of Vince Russo is the only hate stronger than Nash’s of Ricky Morton. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Thanks 1