DVDVR Message Board

2016 UK Wrestling Discussion

Going to two wXw shows this weekend. Tomorrow is one of their bigger shows of the year and has to be on paper the best show I've personally been to yet with some unique match-ups that I doubt could happen anywhere else in the world. Amongst others:

- TLC Match: David Starr & Lio Rush vs. Absolute Andy & Marius Al-Ani
- Marty Scurll vs. Jurn Simmons
- WALTER vs. Da Mack
- Paul London vs. Emil Sitoci
- Tyler Bate & Toni Storm vs. Hakkem Waqur & Alpha Female vs. Kevin Roadster & Melanie Gray

Sunday is a smaller show, but has some great match-ups as well, like David Starr vs. Jurn Simmons and Paul London vs. Bad Bones John Klinger. Should be a great time.

Yeah, this was the best show I've been to yet. By a wide margin!

The TLC match was batshit insane. Lio Rush did a One-Man Spanish Fly from the top of a ladder through a table. Nuts! Walter hit one of the most vicious German Suplexes I've seen since Vader days. Toni Storm did her greatest Trent Seven impression. Chris Colen and Ilja Dragunov beat the shit out of each other. Paul London is still great and was super nice.

Do yourself a favor and get the wXw network for this show. I know I may seem biased, but I promise you won't regret it.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/finn-balor-icw-fear-loathing-video/#.WA1UzJMrJE4?platform=hootsuite

The link has the neat video showing ICW announcing that Finn Balor would be replacing Mick Foley on the Nov show (which is the same day as Survivor Series)

I mean that worked out well for all involved

On 6/26/2016 at 11:06 AM, RIPPA said:

I just saw this (because I don't really care about post Steve Grey british wrestling). The best part is when Hall tags the Young Bucks saying he and Nash should get an internet feud going with a hot young team and then Scott Armstrong replies back about how the Armstrongs are a hot young team. 

Mark Haskins has announced that he's having to stop wrestling, at least for a while, and has cancelled all his bookings & vacated all his titles. Everything was going great for him, with a good show at BOLA and interest from ROH, and it's sad that it's come at this time. He's got issues with his neck that are affecting feeling in his hands, which is a familiar wrestling injury, and people HAVE recovered before so fingers crossed.

So they've announced that, at chapter 39 ("The Graps of Wrath"), there will be 5 matches and the winners will fight for the title in the main event. 

It's British Strongstyle (Trent Seven & Pete Dunne, tag-team champs) vs London Riots, Hunter Brothers vs South Pacific Power Trip (TK Cooper & Travis Banks), Pastor William Eaver vs Joe Coffey, Marty Scurll vs Jimmy Havoc, and Will Ospreay vs MATT FUCKING RIDDLE.

Due to a family commitment this will be the first London show I've missed since last August. FML.

Expect it to be very, very hokey, like American Gladiators but a bit lower rent.

In other news, I just bought a ticket to see Manami Toyota in a 100-capacity disused railway arch in east London...

• Like 2

Well, we still have the two Global Wars UK shows to look forward to this week. Next to NXT Takeover: Dallas and BOLA the two best looking wrestling cards of the year in my opinion. Really not a single match on either card that doesn't look amazing.

Night 1:

- Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

- David Starr, Tyler Bate & Trent Seven vs. Tetsuya Naito, EVIL & Sanada

- Chris Hero vs. Tomohiro Ishii

- Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs. Marty Scurll

- Tomoaki Honma vs. Sha Samuels

- BUSHI vs. Will Ospreay

- Yuji Nagata vs. Pete Dunne

Night 2:

- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Pete Dunne

- Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs. Will Ospreay

- Tetsuya Naito & Sanada vs. Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr.

- Yuji Nagata vs. Trent Seven

- Katsuyori Shibata vs. Chris Hero

- BUSHI & EVIL vs. Charlie Garrett & Joel Redman

- Tomoaki Honma vs. Drew Galloway

Are you going, Linus?

• Like 1

Yeah, I've seen that. They had a lot of great wrestlers there, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, pretty much all the female wrestlers of some renown.

I hope they leave some on the Indies, but if I had to bet my house on anyone making it to the WWE it would be on Jinny. She's an absolute heat magnet, I think she would be perfect for the WWE women's division.

Still amazes me how thriving and healthy the UK prowres scene has become considering the utter state it was in in the 90s and how no one seemed to be able to take advantage during the last boom. Preston is my local promotion and they go from strength to strength every show

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Still amazes me how thriving and healthy the UK prowres scene has become considering the utter state it was in in the 90s and how no one seemed to be able to take advantage during the last boom. Preston is my local promotion and they go from strength to strength every show

I haven't seen that much PCW, yet, but they have that big tournament with CZW, Beyond and wXw next week, right? Are you going to that?
I hope this will be Jurn Simmons big breakout onto the British scene. He turned into a pretty great wrestler superfast.