DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Rippa - have you gotten to Blind Betrayal yet? Because I finished that and still have a good reputation with all factions.

No - not there yet.

I think there is flexibility. I think the key is to do the main stuff with the Minutemen and not advance too far with other folks until later

Of course - I am having a tough time getting banished from the Institute at the moment.

Well more because I couldn't figure out how the fuck to get out. HOW and WHO to get banished weren't an issue.

Finished "The Lost Patrol" last night. Went to try to talk to Danse at the end of it and all he'd say is "You ready to continue our mission, soldier?"

Don't know if it's a bug or if there's something I'm not doing, but all the quest thing says is to go talk to Danse.

I had something happen last night that made me laugh until I damn near had tears in my eyes. A few pages back, some of you were talking about spawning in the middle of a bunch of super mutants with nukes. Well, I think I found one of them. I fast traveled to Fallon's Department Store, and before the screen even fully loaded, I hear a massive explosion and my screen is full of fire. I took a second to regroup and then I moved a few feet to the left to try and get in some sort of cover and scope out what kind of shit storm I was in.

About that time, I hear it. BEEP BEEP BEEP. I took off into a sprint, wildly flinging the camera left and right (I was in a bit of a panic). Then I remember to go into V.A.T.S. to try and and target this suicider and see how close he was so I'd know which way to run. I flick the stick around, and the motherfucker was right there. He was so damn close I could smell what he had for lunch, and he already had his arm up in the air, coming down to spike that nuke right up my asshole.

I just put the controller down and enjoyed the show while I laughed my ass off. When I respawned, I just turned the game off out of respect. You win, Super Mutant Suicider. You win.

• Like 1

In the near future here, I'm probably going to have to take an entire weekend just to do settlements. I really haven't done anything with any of the places that don't already have pre-built homes already (Sanctuary, Sunshine Tidings). I think I have about a dozen people wandering around the Starlight Drive-In right now with nothing to do and no food and nowhere to sleep because, honestly, I haven't thought about it.

With settlements I mostly just set up defenses and enough crops/water/beds for however many settlers there are plus the one or two potential provisioners passing through. I've only spent real time on four settlements (Sanctuary, Starlight Drive-in, Castle, Spectacle Island). Otherwise I don't spend too much time on them as it takes a long while and drains resources fast. I use my main settlements as storage areas, farming, and a little bit of profit with stores. I spent a decent bit of time on Sanctuary, but that was more to familiarize myself with the system. Starlight Drive-in was the first place I really tried to build up, but I wasn't good enough yet and created a crappy set up and have been too lazy to fix it. The Castle I set up more as a proper base for the Minutemen, giving it the highest defense of my settlements, making sure all the minutemen were properly outfitted/armored up, settling a clinic, bar, weapons/armor stores all specifically for taking care of soldiers. I could do more to make it more homey I suppose, but it just wouldn't feel right as it really is a base for a a volunteer militia in the game. Spectacle Island is probably the area I've spent the most time building as its the largest settlement area and provided a nice spot to build a Power Armor storage facility. Aside from the storage facility I took the time to build a mini power-plant for a large housing facility where most of the beds are located and a mini-mall where most of my stores are. Also bridged the buildings together.

The system is fun but a bit frustrating, especially if you are like me and a bit too simple-minded for this stuff normally It worth messing with though for those who like to get more creative..

With settlements I mostly just set up defenses and enough crops/water/beds for however many settlers there are plus the one or two potential provisioners passing through. I've only spent real time on four settlements (Sanctuary, Starlight Drive-in, Castle, Spectacle Island). Otherwise I don't spend too much time on them as it takes a long while and drains resources fast. I use my main settlements as storage areas, farming, and a little bit of profit with stores. I spent a decent bit of time on Sanctuary, but that was more to familiarize myself with the system. Starlight Drive-in was the first place I really tried to build up, but I wasn't good enough yet and created a crappy set up and have been too lazy to fix it. The Castle I set up more as a proper base for the Minutemen, giving it the highest defense of my settlements, making sure all the minutemen were properly outfitted/armored up, settling a clinic, bar, weapons/armor stores all specifically for taking care of soldiers. I could do more to make it more homey I suppose, but it just wouldn't feel right as it really is a base for a a volunteer militia in the game. Spectacle Island is probably the area I've spent the most time building as its the largest settlement area and provided a nice spot to build a Power Armor storage facility. Aside from the storage facility I took the time to build a mini power-plant for a large housing facility where most of the beds are located and a mini-mall where most of my stores are. Also bridged the buildings together.

The system is fun but a bit frustrating, especially if you are like me and a bit too simple-minded for this stuff normally It worth messing with though for those who like to get more creative..

It's amazing to youtube what people have done with the settlements. I guess most of them are playing on a PC and have some kind of mod that bypasses the size limitations and also gives them unlimited resources. I'm definitely going to figure out a way to make an indoor swimming pool at The Slog though.

The frightening thing is that is still on the smaller side of impressive as I've seen people make cities out of Sanctuary & Starlight Drive-in. Also seen a few recreate Megaton, Tenpenny Tower, and some even make a wrestling ring, including an entrance ramp. And its not just a PC deal. Some o the craziest shit was done on the consoles. There is a trick where tossing your weapons to the ground and storing them to the workbench from there actually decreases the size limit you've used. In truth I think it works with just about everything, but weapons are the most effective.

I'll have to upload pics but I basically built a version of The Twins from Game of Thrones at the Sanctuary bridge, with a passageway between the two, plus a smaller fortress at Starlight.  I just beat the game on this run, so I probably won't build much more.

Are weapons more effective in the glitch because of their inherent weight, especially on the missile launchers and miniguns?

I'm thinking of trying a different type of save for a second run - probably high on melee.  Does anyone have a good build to try?

I FINALLY got Strong's perk today.

Took him on all the Cabot family stuff and just selecting the aggressive dialogue choice

So Strong at the Pillars was outstanding

"Strong not pillar. Strong keep all his stuff."

Then I threatened Brother Thomas and he just goes "Does Strong smash this one now?"

The frightening thing is that is still on the smaller side of impressive as I've seen people make cities out of Sanctuary & Starlight Drive-in. Also seen a few recreate Megaton, Tenpenny Tower, and some even make a wrestling ring, including an entrance ramp. And its not just a PC deal. Some o the craziest shit was done on the consoles. There is a trick where tossing your weapons to the ground and storing them to the workbench from there actually decreases the size limit you've used. In truth I think it works with just about everything, but weapons are the most effective.

Yeah, I've done the settlement size reducing trick. I can confirm it works on PS4. I want to make a wrestling ring now though.