DVDVR Message Board

Super Mario Makin

twiztor

I get my bath and dinner and settle in for some mario maker.  Played two levels on 100 man run and then server maintenence.  BULL SHIT.  This ain't Diablo.  Could've at least downloaded all the courses while i was beating stage one.

Mario Maker is SO MUCH FUN.  Haven't even unlocked most of the stuff yet.

If you want, look up my ID for my courses: sweetser.us.  I'll post the codes for 'em later.  I'm shooting for more standard "Mario" difficulty and goofiness.

EDIT: Here ya go.  These actually ended up far more difficult than I expected, going by completion rates.

Away We Go: 54AF-0000-0018-4531

The Amazing Flying Pirahna Bros!: 3CDC-0000-0019-A75A

Princess Peach's Gold Cloud Ride: EEEC-0000-001C-8745

Mystery Mayhem: ABE3-0000-001C-F559

Thwomp vs. Bowser: 8C3F-0000-0027-14A7

I'm already hating amibo showcase levels and underwater mazes. Had two sonic hedgehog levels in a row both called gotta go fast. Cleared 100 man mode once.   I'm going to be playing this shit a ton.  I wanna unlock invisible blocks for the creator. 

i'm tired of all these Mario Maker levels where the person who created them decided they needed to fill up every available space with springs, enemies, or fireballs. like, the level has to be fun too. not just hard for the sake of being hard.

there are plenty of fun ones out there, too.

i'm tired of all these Mario Maker levels where the person who created them decided they needed to fill up every available space with springs, enemies, or fireballs. like, the level has to be fun too. not just hard for the sake of being hard.

there are plenty of fun ones out there, too.

They looked at Cloudberry Kingdom and I Wanna Be The Guy and thought they weren't bullshit hard enough.

That credit card length number to share levels is beyond the pale.  Why no QR code shit?  The goddamned controller has a camera on it.  My new least favorite thing in the world is springs on top of springs on top of springs.  That, and levels where you can get stuck and can't kill yourself.  Normal 100 man mode has the best balance of shit without loading up on slight variations of that first tutorial level that a billion people are uploading.  You aren't punished for skipping levels on expert but you just get weary when you get into a gimmick level with dead end instant death trap rooms.  Usually if it has the Mario 3 tileset it will probably be good.  If it's a mario 1 level from japan, yer going to have a bad time.

Mainly playing Witcher 3 today.  YES I did crank it down to super baby easy for that Imlerith fight.  Fuck you.  Goddamned hate teleporting enemies.  Bull shit.  Got my ass back to the game.  Need to beat this motherfucker so I can start really playing new metal gear.

I'm loving Super Mario Maker. I've not unlocked a whole lot yet, I've spent more time playing other peoples levels than making my own. There are some truly creative, psychotic, people out there.

I'm looking forward to unlocking the Super Mario World style and it's varius items. It's always been my favourite Mario game and now I can make the sequal it never had!

I'd be all for a dedicated thread for people to post their creations in, or just favourites that they've played.

I wish I could find more regular levels though than ones people make just to be insanely difficult. They fun to try and beat, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to play more traditional levels too.

Super Mario Maker is the kind of game that makes me wish Nintendo would go the Sega route and out their games on every platform. I really want it but I'm not buying a system for one game. Now, if they release a new Animal Crossing, my wife might make me buy a system anyway :)

• Like 1

Super Mario Maker is the kind of game that makes me wish Nintendo would go the Sega route and out their games on every platform. I really want it but I'm not buying a system for one game. Now, if they release a new Animal Crossing, my wife might make me buy a system anyway :)

Mario Maker is so perfect for Steam Workshop it's just gross it will never, ever be there.

I get why Nintendo keeps their core properties close to the vest because it is all they've got, but man.

Super Mario Maker course: C865-0000-0034-9245

It gets a little...congested at the end w/ enemies.  Maybe 1 Lakitu too many.  You can get a star that juuuust gets you to the end, though.  I started creating the level just to hit the time limit to open more stuff, and then got more & more into it.

I like that you can have Lakitu throw enemies other than spiny shells.  I have 1 throwing down piranha plants.

Mario Maker is so perfect for Steam Workshop it's just gross it will never, ever be there.

I get why Nintendo keeps their core properties close to the vest because it is all they've got, but man.

Mario Maker would be horrible without the Wiipad. Just repugnant. Shame this is when they start making games that really need the Wiipad but it definitely needs it.

Hope people don't mind me copying member levels from the general thread.

Mario Maker is SO MUCH FUN.  Haven't even unlocked most of the stuff yet.

If you want, look up my ID for my courses: sweetser.us.  I'll post the codes for 'em later.  I'm shooting for more standard "Mario" difficulty and goofiness.

EDIT: Here ya go.  These actually ended up far more difficult than I expected, going by completion rates.

Super Mario Maker course: C865-0000-0034-9245

It gets a little...congested at the end w/ enemies.  Maybe 1 Lakitu too many.  You can get a star that juuuust gets you to the end, though.  I started creating the level just to hit the time limit to open more stuff, and then got more & more into it.

I like that you can have Lakitu throw enemies other than spiny shells.  I have 1 throwing down piranha plants.

1B4F-0000-0039-3381.  I'm gravitating towards shorter levels.  If you just want to blow through you can.  If you want all the extra lives you gotta slow down.

5229-0000-0039-D56E  Don't get greedy.

I may as well keep my updated list here:

Not too hard, not too easy.

They will excite and entice you!  They are The Amazing Flying Piranha Bros™!  And they're after you!

How much of a golddigger is Peach?  That's up to you.. but watch out, that cloud doesn't last forever..

What's in store for you?

Over you, Thwomps are working their way to you.  On the right, Bowser is after you with hellfire and brimstone.  Can one be used against the other?

Sky Plain and Simple: 85C3-0000-002A-547D

An easy level - you don't even have to run. 

Ghost House Two-Fer: 4F86-0000-0039-D470

There are two ways through this Ghost House, both with its own perils.  Stay to the land, or take to the air!

Mirror, Mirror: A872-0000-0044-B2A7

Every level has an equal and opposite level. 

6B08-0000-003A-A5CA  Mario 1 level

626D-0000-003A-D426 NSMB castle.

06DD-0000-003A-F99A Mario 3 Airship

52AA-0000-003D-8A0E Mario World Ghost House

F202-0000-0040-4191 Mario 3 level

D7F1-0000-0040-7827 Mario 3 level

• Like 1

626D-0000-003A-D426 NSMB castle.

That level is evil.  But I'm the first person to have beaten it.

Well, second, since you had to beat it to post it.  But I'm the one in 55 and one.

PROTIP: Take out the two Hammer Bros, one by one, and then it's pretty trivial.

You make good levels, dude.  I also enjoyed Pow! Right In The Kisser.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely loving this game.  Need to get back into it hopefully tonight if not tomorrow.  So far we created whatever our diabolical minds could come up with.  Can't say they're good, definitely not shareable.  But it's fun for my wife and I to make levels and see how crazy we can drive each other.   :)

Only level I downloaded so far is a maze-type level.  It wasn't hard but it was well-done.  Can't wait to see what you guys came up with.