DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Plus, Avid Rival vs. Azure Revolution for the tag titles on the same show. On top of that, JWP is running Korakuen Hall the same day, 11/3, with the Kyoko Kimura vs. Arisa Nakajima rematch, (hopefully Nanae Takahashi challenging Arisa after the match.) Then OZ Academy is running Sonoko Kato vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto on 11/13.

6 hours ago, we.are.stardom said:

The 34 accounts that are blocked did something to warrant being blocked. It's in the best interest of the company to not be associated in any way with those accounts.

A lot of the people you've blocked have never posted gifs or even mentioned your account, you're blocking people for seemingly no reason. Now I'm finding out that you're also deleting Stardom World accounts without warning? I sure how those people aren't being ripped out of their money.

Probably a one on one discussion with the Stardom Rep would be better for DMs or email, doesn't really relate to general Joshi thoughts like this thread is intended for.

56 minutes ago, donsem43 said:

Plus, Avid Rival vs. Azure Revolution for the tag titles on the same show. On top of that, JWP is running Korakuen Hall the same day, 11/3, with the Kyoko Kimura vs. Arisa Nakajima rematch, (hopefully Nanae Takahashi challenging Arisa after the match.) Then OZ Academy is running Sonoko Kato vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto on 11/13.

That JWP show should be a lot of fun, with SEAdLINNNG invading, Hana Kimura having a singles title match, and of course Kimura/Nakajima as you mentioned.

The admin of a joshi streaming service has gone absolutely bonkers with power and is driving people away from a product that he should be promoting, it's being discussed elsewhere and I think it's worth discussing here. People need to see what they are getting into when they sign up to Stardom World. You may have your account banned without warning. Refunds not guaranteed.

If Sonny is smart he won't engage with an antagonistic non-subscriber (I assume you don't subscribe) on a public forum as there is no benefit for the promotion to do so. You don't see a WWE rep posting in the WWE Network forum fielding complaints from people about someone else's problem. If people have issues they can file charge backs on their credit cards which are fairly easy to win (not everyone knows this, but charge backs are a pain in the ass for companies), that would be the most effective way to get it to stop. But since none of us have stock in Stardom, how they run their business is up to them, even if it doesn't seem very customer-friendly. Stardom shows are still on Samurai TV and nico sometimes so its not stopping people from enjoying the shows, its the company's problem if now they aren't getting the person's money.

I've been subbed to Stardom World since they were on youtube so I'm not just some asshole who's trolling the guy. I will continue to support the company even if their English admin is a loose cannon. I would just like him to stop this behavior that is driving people away from Stardom, you're not helping the company this way. He has created this huge fuss over on social media that is not beneficial to the perception of the brand or the subscription service.

1 hour ago, .STAP said:

The admin of a joshi streaming service has gone absolutely bonkers with power and is driving people away from a product that he should be promoting, it's being discussed elsewhere and I think it's worth discussing here. People need to see what they are getting into when they sign up to Stardom World. You may have your account banned without warning. Refunds not guaranteed.

As far as I can tell he doesn't run Stardom World. He seems to work as a go between for the fans & the people who do run the service. And honestly I'm not sure that is his actual job so much as him trying to help out fans. I've heard about streaming trouble, but no one getting their accounts banned. Not saying you're wrong, I just haven't seen it.

Not sure if this is new or not. Fuji TV documentary series "The Nonfiction" followed Ice Ribbon wrestlers Maya Yukihi, Neko Nitta and Yuuka in 2014 and 2015.

In a literal sense, the title of the show is "women who are cornered" where everyone involved has to or has made a big life decision.

Both Yukihi (a former bank employee) and Yuuka (who was going to a cooking school before dropping out to wrestle) were starting out while Neko Nitta was about to finish up to move on with her life (the show kind of makes it look like she simply wanted to get married but on twitter she says if she found someone who was going to support her being a wrestler she would have married them - she just couldn't find anyone with the way her life was going at the time)

This is the official channel so it won't be taken down anytime soon but it does cut off weirdly at the end. Another vid shows that it ended with Neko going to a konkatsu party where singles who are interested in marriage can meet others.

Edit: So they did take the video down. Here is another version that has the Neko Nitta ending.

• Like 2

Hiroyo Matsumoto's 10th Anniversary DVD finally went on sale so I picked it up. Course I won't have it for a few weeks. Even though Hikaru Shida vs. Kotori vs. Mayu Iwatani was only four minutes long (clearly they hate me) I am sure I'll enjoy it anyway. Plus Kong seems to step it up a few notches in big main events.

Big news coming out of JWP's show:

Rabbit Miyu is retiring on 12/28 to get married.

Arisa Nakajima defeated Kyoko Kimura to become a 4x JWP Openweight Champion and then announced that she will be resigning from JWP on 12/28 to become a freelancer. Hanako Nakamori challenged for the belt.

The Rabbit Miyu news is good all the way around. I am happy for her and happy for me since she wasn't one of my personal favorites. Win-Win.

I don't think Arisa being a Freelancer is a big deal since she wrestles in other promotions anyway and they wouldn't have given her the title if she wasn't going to still be wrestling in JWP at least occasionally. Sometimes wrestlers don't ever appear again in a promotion once they turn Freelancer, I am not sure if it is because there is bad blood or the idea of 'moving on to try new things', but it doesn't appear to be the case here.

I don't see WWE being interested in signing so many Japanese wrestlers at once, NXT would turn into my new favorite Joshi fed if they did. But she could certainly do the tournament if it does indeed happen.

Its more that I see no reason for her to become a freelancer otherwise as she is already a regular or been a regular just about everywhere sans Stardom & Sendai. Of course it could just be a case of cutting out the middleman in JWP when negotiating her appearances. Maybe its just that. Regardless Is till hope she shows up in Stardom next year.

I remember liking Miyu a while back so I'm a bit disappointed though its not JWP was going to do anything with her anyways.

I wish this rumored tournament would just be announced already so I can stop worrying about it. It's like a claw crane that is looming ominously over joshi and I'm just waiting to see which of my favorite wrestlers it'll snatch up. 

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its more that I see no reason for her to become a freelancer otherwise as she is already a regular or been a regular just about everywhere sans Stardom & Sendai. Of course it could just be a case of cutting out the middleman in JWP when negotiating her appearances. Maybe its just that. Regardless Is till hope she shows up in Stardom next year.

I remember liking Miyu a while back so I'm a bit disappointed though its not JWP was going to do anything with her anyways.

I feel the same way about this as Arisa was already on a handful of shows. Something is up to me and Meltzer reporting in the Observer that Kairi is close to leaving with Io doesn't help. 

4 hours ago, .STAP said:

I wish this rumored tournament would just be announced already so I can stop worrying about it. It's like a claw crane that is looming ominously over joshi and I'm just waiting to see which of my favorite wrestlers it'll snatch up. 

I'll say it again that WWE is the elephant in the room that people won't look at until it makes a sound. 

Well, coincidentally today's WON released an update about the tournament and Kairi Hojo.

Right now the plan is for the NXT women's tournament, which will be similar to the cruiserweight classic with an international field and a weekly WWE network show to be taped in either January or March. The funny thing is there are women who have been contacted that don't work for WWE for the tournament, and some have been told January and some have been told March regarding being available. But several women have been contacted and told they are in, and dates to be available. It could also be like the cruiserweight tournament where they tape over a series of months, but the talent wasn't told that and some talent contacted have dates on overseas tours they have to get rearranged if they are to be in the tournament.

Speaking of women, it now looks like Kairi Hojo is coming with Io Shirai. Stardom knew last week that Shirai was leaving and Hojo was on the verge, and was pushing for Hojo to stay noting she'd be their top star. Right now both are scheduled to stay with Stardom through about April of next year. Shirai will have her 10th anniversary big show on 3/20 at Korakuen Hall and that will be her last major event. Hojo will have a homecoming show in April and then also probably be leaving, although Stardom is trying to convince her to stay because losing one won't be so bad but losing both will be devastating, in particular because they have nobody at their level to elevate to take their places. The promotions' big three of late have been those two and Mayu Iwatani.

Since the Stardom girls won't be leaving until April and the tournament will start in January or March, I could definitely see WWE wanting one or two other Japanese talents in the tournament.