DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

1 hour ago, .STAP said:

Rossy tweeted something along of the lines of this being a "reset" for Stardom, a possible turning point, and that there are great expectations for Mayu.

The new Threedom is now Hojo, Mayu and Bito. I wonder if this means Hojo will stay.

So, he's just replacing Shirai with Bito.  Doesn't seem like that big a change to me.

How do people feel about Reo being back?  I'm hoping this new gimmick allows her to be less of a Yoshiko-lLite . Imo she did better when she was using her own move set than when using was just using Yoshiko's spots.

She had a good match with Mayu before leaving.

Reo was just starting to get good when she left, so I have some hope there. I didn't think she was a 'natural' her rookie year but she took to it and showed a lot of improvement her last six months or so. I don't think she's as good as Kyona but probably similar to Momo in that she can have solid matches if she is paired with a talented wrestler.

I should say, obviously her return is welcome of course, she's still young and showed some promise, and I assume Stardom is confident that whatever caused her to leave the first time has been resolved so she doesn't disappear again in six months.

Although it also just reminds me how much I miss Koguma. Koguma was so good for her age.

19 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Reo was just starting to get good when she left, so I have some hope there. I didn't think she was a 'natural' her rookie year but she took to it and showed a lot of improvement her last six months or so. I don't think she's as good as Kyona but probably similar to Momo in that she can have solid matches if she is paired with a talented wrestler.

i actually don't know if I agree that Momo is only good with skilled/experienced  workers. She's had some good matches with Azumi , her match with Arisu for Arisu's debut was probably the best Arisu has looked, she had a fun tag match with Kyona vs Hiromi and Saoir, and a fun match with Natsumi.  I also like her matches with rookie wrestlers because she gets to do more than Dropkicks and the somato. 

I think Momo's just inconsistent in general , it doesn't really matter who she faces (Outside of Io or Mayu).  Momo at her best is on par with Kyona, bad Momo is just average and uninspiring. 

6 hours ago, J.H. said:

So Team Thunder Rock is no more... Io pulling the Barry Windham heel turn was not wha tI was expecting

James

It will be interesting to see if it 'takes' or how long it even lasts, especially with her anniversary show coming up. I mean if she still wrestles the same, the crowd will still cheer her even if she is technically a heel.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

It will be interesting to see if it 'takes' or how long it even lasts, especially with her anniversary show coming up. I mean if she still wrestles the same, the crowd will still cheer her even if she is technically a heel.

Does it matter if she's going to leave in the spring? 

Just the way things have been booked makes me think Io is still leaving.  With a new Threedom and all. This just seems like a way for Io to put Kairi or Mayu over before she leaves, and to add some drama to it.  

4 minutes ago, Dshuks said:

Does it matter if she's going to leave in the spring? 

Just the way things have been booked makes me think Io is still leaving.  With a new Threedom and all. This just seems like a way for Io to put Kairi or Mayu over before she leaves, and to add some drama to it.  

It doesn't, but we still don't know if she is leaving yet. Well, it matters a bit as it would be odd if she was trying to 'heel it up' on a big farewell show which I doubt she'd do, so it may be a really short term turn.

Happy for Hiroyo.

Aja Kong was also pinned clean, which happens maybe twice a year, by C-Hash.

New Stardom cards are up:
http://wwr-stardom.com/?new01=2016年11月13日 11・20新木場~23博多カード

Io is randomly defending the red belt against Taya Valkyrie in Hakata.

Thia Trinidad and new trainee Ruaka will be making their debuts.

Hazuki Reo's new ring name is "HZK".

Kaoru Ito and Kyoko Inoue going 30 minutes in a singles match scares the shit out of me, but since it happened in Diana I'll never get to watch it out of morbid curiosity. Unless its that one event a year they actually sell on their website, in which case obviously I'll have to buy it. I currently have Matsumoto's Anniversary Show and REINA from 7/21 on the way, the latter of which looks like a horrible show but I have to see Kagetsu and Konami in the main event.

If that attendance figure is right, Oz Academy easily took over Sendai Girls' as highest attended Joshi event of the year. Glad to see Hiroyo get a big win, she deserves it. Looks like a great card, although I do wish Kaho didn't get pinned in seemingly every match she is in. Hopefully her excursion to Mexico goes well. Interesting pairings with Yoshiko teaming with Hashimoto.

15 hours ago, .STAP said:

Happy for Hiroyo.

Aja Kong was also pinned clean, which happens maybe twice a year, by C-Hash.

New Stardom cards are up:
http://wwr-stardom.com/?new01=2016年11月13日 11・20新木場~23博多カード

Io is randomly defending the red belt against Taya Valkyrie in Hakata.

Thia Trinidad and new trainee Ruaka will be making their debuts.

Hazuki Reo's new ring name is "HZK".

11/23 in Hakata will have a Sendai Girls show in the early afternoon and the Stardom show in the evening.

So far the Sendai Girls show will have Mika Shirahime vs Hashimoto (with only a 15 minute time limit, which is weird) probably because Shirahime is  from Fukuoka. And Dynamite Kansai's last match in Hakata where she will team up with Hana Kimura vs Cassandra Miyagi and Kyoko Kimura. Rest of the show hasn't been announced.

The 23rd is a national holiday in Japan, Kinrokansha no hi (Labor Thanksgiving Day), and I think at least Sendai Girls are trying to make the Hakata show a regular thing (3rd year in a row, 2nd for Stardom).

The Sendai Girls show at Hakata Star Lanes already had announced (was announced at the Sendai Sun Plaza show) a tag title defense as the semi-main (DASH Chisako & KAORU defending against Hikaru Shida & Syuri in the never-ending struggle between Chisako & Shida) and a #1 Contender's match as the main event, with Meiko vs Aja.  I'm guessing this is here to help pop a good crowd and that Aja's gonna win and probably then win the title off of C-Hash (she might get another throwaway defense in beforehand), and then they'll make her chase a while.

While most of the promotions now have the singles titles onto younger workers (STARDOM: Io, Sendai: C-Hash, Oz: Hiroyo, JWP: Arisa), WAVE still has there's on Yuu Yamagata (I think)--I'd think this should get moved to Ryo Mizunami.  DIANA moved their title from Kyoko Inoue to Kaoru Ito, but does anywhere really care?

Oh, and a random early-card match I really liked recently was a tag in JWP from their 11/3 Korakuen Hall show.  Yako Fujigasaki & Mika Shirahime (can I just call her Iwata until she wins a damn match?) vs Sumire Natsu & Maya Yukihi.  I've always thought Yako was just a generic scrub, but this is the first match of her career where I gave a damn.  Her new gimmick (which is a bit insulting) is that she's sort of the ugly duckling and hates all of the pretty "idol" wrestlers.  She wouldn't shake hands or participate in the pre-match photo, and in fact assaulted Natsu from behind.  She even used her own teammate Mika basically as a weapon in this match, and had a pull-apart post-match with Natsu, and she really convinced me that she wants to kill Sumire.  Sumire, for her part, is pretty good at hot bitchy girl and I could see her ending up in the Ozaki faction in OZ Academy, playing sort of the Mio role (or farther back, the Hiren role).

18 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Kaoru Ito and Kyoko Inoue going 30 minutes in a singles match scares the shit out of me, but since it happened in Diana I'll never get to watch it out of morbid curiosity. Unless its that one event a year they actually sell on their website, in which case obviously I'll have to buy it. I currently have Matsumoto's Anniversary Show and REINA from 7/21 on the way, the latter of which looks like a horrible show but I have to see Kagetsu and Konami in the main event.

Are you uploading this? :D