DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

We go back about 200 pages, we can see posts about going up 10-0 on some poor schlub we decided as a unit to take out.  Last night....

Last night was not one of those nights.  

It got much better later. We did a mission or two to cleanse the palate and got back into another much friendlier room where the talent level was more than a touch lower. Two of the guys were just taking a deluxe asskicking and kept coming right at us. I was weeping tears of manly joy at the sight of it - they figured if they had two hands, they had a fighting chance. They didn't, but it was still entertaining to watch them try. It was everything I love about this game - one guy getting shot in two different directions while someone's flying at him in a sticky-bombed car.

And Rippa, I'll be right in line for RDR2 when it comes out. I'm also gonna take you guys' word for it and buy the next Mass Effect game.

Been having such a shit time trying to get online that I've actually started going back and playing the main game again (since none of that carried over and at least this way I don't have to see that stupid Michael therapy cut scene every time I have to restart the game).

I realize that I remember almost nothing about the main story, and pretty much just rushed through it to build up my character online to catch up with everyone.  

Yeah - part of the whole point of me rebuying the game was to do the single player.

Problem I didn't forsee was my wife being bitter anytime I play the single player because she is not thrilled with... oh pretty much everything.

So when I do play either she needs to not be around or I need to play online.

I am really tired of seeing Michael yell at his wife to not spend so much money.

Regular readers of this thread will be shocked to hear the news that the Mayor of Los Santos was more than a little inebriated Tuesday night. This would've been a good one to have been broadcasting on Twitch. Fun night. Wasn't a lot of resistance to be had. The game and XBox Live put up more resistance than the dots.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, CSC said:

Been having such a shit time trying to get online that I've actually started going back and playing the main game again (since none of that carried over and at least this way I don't have to see that stupid Michael therapy cut scene every time I have to restart the game).

I realize that I remember almost nothing about the main story, and pretty much just rushed through it to build up my character online to catch up with everyone.  

The single player has nothing to do with online.  One of the big disappointments with the game for me.  You should be able to use your online character as one of the "help" for the heists and then get the earnings back into online, or if you go further in the game, it unlocks more stuff for online, etc.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - part of the whole point of me rebuying the game was to do the single player.

Problem I didn't forsee was my wife being bitter anytime I play the single player because she is not thrilled with... oh pretty much everything.

So when I do play either she needs to not be around or I need to play online.

I am really tired of seeing Michael yell at his wife to not spend so much money.

Thankfully the little intro scenes change up during the game.  Or else you can save with Trevor and then have fun watching his escapades.  Though half the time he is either drunk so hard to control and/or way up north in the sticks.

I started my first beer when we started that mission.  I was through number 3 before we got it done.  Was still about 47 behind melraz, though.

We failed it so many times that we actually made more money from the failures than we did when we finally passed it.

• Like 3

Few things are worse than hearing Rippa hum over XBox Live when Scandalous is on the Pop station.  At least he knows that he can't carry a tune in a bucket and doesn't drink so he's never liquored up to the point where he actually believes he has a melodious voice and can sing.

Melraz, Burke, and I were tore up enough once to break out in a chorus of Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers over XBox Live during a shoot-out with some white dot scrubs at the pier.  It was terrible and magnificent at the same time.

• Like 4

My GTA5 race winning songs are Encoded Flow (Darbye), This Mystic Decade (The Hot Snakes), Feel the Same (Battle Tapes), and Appetite 4 Destruction (NWA).

They didn't put the full nine minute edit of Catapult Man on FlyLo FM.

"Who is blasting Hall and Oates?" - Phil in a race lobby.  

Me.  It was always me.

---

When I signed in and joined the party on Tuesday, young Melraz was knee deep in a whisky bender and started singing "Just some good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm..."

Me: "So, is Dukes of Hazzard, like a documentary to y'all?"

• Like 4

"We're from Tennessee, so yes, it is."

EDIT: I realize this ship has long since sailed, but I've been saying for years a GTA-styled Dukes of Hazzard game would be a hoot. The player could run around in the General Lee running from Roscoe, and then there could be Daisy missions and Cooter missions and missions where you're Boss and Roscoe trying to catch Willie Nelson in a speed trap to make him play at the Boar's Nest.

• Like 3

I remember there being one, but I never played it. I just wanna see a Dukes of Hazzard game on the XBox One. There'd be five guys our age in line at Walmart the day it came out and the rest of the nation would shrug their shoulders and get back to Call of Duty.

• Like 2

Daisy Duke could never be in a video game on my console.. 

All I would do is order chicken wings and beer and listen to the jukebox at the Boar's Nest while she was on shift.

It would be the Vanilla Unicorn all over again but with slightly more clothing.

And to clarify, I'm talking 'bout old school television show Catherine Bach / Daisy Duke not the pale Jessica Simpson knock-off.

• Like 3