DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You're safe. It's just billionaires. Hundred-millionaires are safe, trust me. It's only if you're caught again, that your assets are erased. Second time you're caught however, starting today, you're Benoit'd from GTA. 

I'm guessing this new initiative was the result of the incident in August, where they wouldn't allow any transfer of characters at all, without contacting them first.  They probably beta-tested the new catch-all during this and seem happy enough with it for the time being. They've got at least three updates left this year (Halloween, something in November, XMas) to iron out the kinks for 2017. 

Heads up

To commemorate three years of GTA Online, we're awarding anyone that logs in on PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC from today through end of day Monday October 31st with a special GTA$250,000 gift, which will be deposited into your Maze Bank account by November 4th.

The Rockstar GTA boards are fun today.  I'm having trouble deciding on my favorite post.  So far the top contenders are the guy that wants his 7 billion back and the guy that claimed he got his 500 million via shark cards.

Also, I really hope that most of the English posts on there are from people who have a different primary language.  Otherwise, I think it's probably time to admit that our education system is a failure and give up on the whole thing.

• Like 3

Maybe they will give me money. 

They will see where I spent money trying to screw the man and ended up screwing myself. They might say poor feller. Here's a cool million for being a sap.

Love, Mr Rockstar.

• Like 3

Sounds highly unlikely, but Uncle Rockstar just might come through during his yearly RV trip, and give you a million and maybe JUST maybe a Nerf Vortex football. 

I mean come on, who wouldn't want that? The football I mean. Hell, John Elway threw that sucker out of Mile High!

• Like 1

They apparently didn't get me and my 48 million. I'm thinking of buying some car bonds, but at this point, if they haven't gotten me by now they're probably not gonna get me.

Oh, I dunno if it's a time of day thing, but since I wanted in a room by myself this afternoon to work on my MC shit, I keep getting thrown into huge rooms. Dunno if they've got that little problem sorted out or not.

• Like 1

I got really lucky yesterday, I got thrown into a room with about 10 people, but it looked clearly like everyone was busy doing their own MC stuff, or other things in town.   I made 3 supply runs without being bothered.  I think that's a solid win.  

So, after doing some more reading about this money wipe, I found out that people sell modded accounts on eBay. Being curious, I searched "GTA online mods" on eBay and came away with:

1. Most of the mods, mod menus and money drops are for PS3 and XBox 360 (to a lesser extent than PS3).

2. Some guy, for $5, was offering to help with the Pac Standard heist. I found that charming in some weird way. Hey, it's worth a shot, I guess.

3. The XBox One and PS4 mods are usually $40-$60, which is kinda crazy. You set up a new XBox/PS account and Social Club account and give them the info. They then create you a modded character and tell you to have at it. Billions of dollars, all the clothes, three apartments, three garages, practically unlimited snacks and armor and the ability to hold more gun ammo than everyone else. The really funny thing: A couple of the mods said you could set your level between 2 and 8,000, so that explains all the Level 8,000s running around. That also explains that those people could've set the Level at any number they pleased, but instead they chose to set it at 8,000, which is a gigantic flashing red light in every room they set foot in that they're a cheater. By setting their level at 8,000, they practically dare every player in every room they set foot in to report them. And they they whine when Rockstar comes down hard on them. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Well, in their "defense," the mods for PS3 and the 360 are much cheaper and are usually mod menus, which allow you to wreak havoc on other people, as opposed to just having billions for yourself.

I agree, though. Thus "defense" in quotation marks.

I couldn't figure out if this modder money wipe by R* included PS3 and XBox 360 - not sure why'd they even care or bother at this point.

I think the idea is to transfer the modded account from last gen to this one.  Apparently one of the things that Rockstar has cracked down with this latest thing is people transferring accounts with billions of dollars to current gen.  There were a lot of complaints on the Rockstar boards yesterday about people not being able to transfer.

4 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

Why would anyone bother to mod the last gen versions when they haven't put any new content on them for a year?  Much less pay for it?  People are dumb.

Because people want a Minigun and don't want to work their way to level 120. Plus, if you want to RPG spam in deathmatches (people do) having infinite rockets helps you a lot more than having 20 rockets (you can't buy ammo in the interaction menu on this generation).

Also, you know how when you combat roll, there's a three second pause before you can do it again? Not if you're modded there isn't. Infinite instant rolls. So good luck killing one of them without explosives. On the other hand, a lot of them really suck at the game. That sense of wariness you sometimes get when you have to fight a high level guy? A lot of the high levellers suck at the game now. Good when you're fighting against them, bad when they're on your side. For example, I did a team Deathmatch which was me and 2 guys vs 2 guys. I went 35-10, and we still lost. Because my teammates went 2-26 and 3-24. Fucking embarrassing. If they'd quit (or just hid in a skip or something) and let me fight the other team by myself we'd have won. And they were both higher level than me (second character, 124).

Yesterday, my last Daily was Kill a Revealed Player, so I just joined a DM at random. It was Parkour... but on the other team was the guy who'd made it. And he'd hidden a shortcut so you didn't actually have to do the assault course bit, just climb up the dumpster, onto the wall, off the other side, round the back and up to the roof with the weapons. But he failed to realise that the guy following him through the shortcut wasn't actually on his team... it was fish in a barrel at the end. We won by like 80.

I love the new temporary ban idea. Everything you've ever earned, "earned" and accomplished is wiped out. So funny, also, anyone who buys those accounts are automatically red flagged now. So basically, they wasted real money for fake money in a game* and now have a full account ban for GTA with no chance at a plea bargain. 

The $250k thing is unintentionally hillarious, for the people who lost all of their money. They're broke, got fucked by Rockstar, who then proceeded to leave $250k on the top of the dresser for them, out of courtesy.

*I could never, ever justify paying for what is essentially the same price you bought the game for, because you're a lazy ass. Now, you're a lazy ass who is out $120+. 

Done Daily objectives every day for a month and a half. Still haven't got my 28 Days bonus. Plus I'm getting 7 day bonuses of Fridays instead of Wednesdays now. Although I ended up doing so many captures that I've unlocked free Chrome Rims in the Lowrider & Sport classes, so that's something. And both of my characters have LSPD tints on the Advanced Rifle now.

Found a bunch of people congregating in a public place and not fighting each other (which is an offence under the public order act 1995, and the law must be enforced) so I landed on a roof nearby and sniped them all. One of them didn't die when he was killed, and he was shitting money. And then I exploded.

• Like 1

Looks like the mayor's reelection campaign is a rousing success.  Stout and I helped him to go out and meet the electorate today.  As usual. nobody had a bad word to say about him.

We started off killing a bunch of dots around the movie theater.  Nobody was much of a threat, except one guy who was on a roof till he wound up in melraz's sights.  A few of em started getting pissy.  Stout got a bounty set on him, and got a notice that folks were trying to kick him.  I got mercs called on me.  Somebody grabbed a tank to come after us, but that didn't last long.

Everybody left except for poor sugar cookie.  He didn't seem to know when to quit, so we tried to explain reality to him.  He got butthurt and sent me whiny texts.  Then all his buddies showed up and we explained things them.  Stout had to leave, so melraz and I took on cookie and his 5 buddies.  Fortunately, the 2 of us had em outnumbered.  Their MC club leader got pissed off at me after I got him out of a buzzard with a sticky bomb, so I got a bounty, mercs, and a mugger set on me at the same time.  

Later on I got a text complaining that I was using mods after we sniped a guy a bunch of times.  He was a level 381.

Finished up with a beach party that sugar cookie was dumb enough to crash.  melraz never got anything directed his way the whole time.  I wouldn't be surprised if they all sent him friend requests, maybe some Hallmark cards that said "thanks for sniping me 241 times xoxoxo"

Was nice to have some crap competition after taking two of the worst asskickings I've ever had in the last couple weeks.

One weird thing that went on the whole time.  I took out about 20 personal vehicles.  I only had to pay for one of em - the second to last one I took out.  No clue what was happening there.

• Like 4

I LOVE a good afternoon asskicking session, and this was definitely it. We just ran around the map leaving destruction in our wake - it was glorious.

One poor gent just wanted to leave the pay and spray, but he was definitely gonna die, one way or the other. He did, repeatedly.

There was a pattern - a bunch of dots would roll in, get killed repeatedly, run off. Then here'd come a bunch more dots. They'd meet the same fate, then decide to find somewhere else to be. Bless their hearts.

• Like 3

Man I loved that pink m.c.  I don't get it though. They never would all stay and fight. Its was 7 on 3 then 7 on 2. I even tried to get them to. Blew up a motorcycle delivery, blew up a supply run, went all all 7 of them repeatedly. 1 guy killed me twice when I found myself at the Sandy shores airport surrounded by 4 of them. I got him twice too though. It was my own fault I was surrounded. I did drive in the middle of them sum bitches. They sure did love helicopters. Dumb asses. 

Only problem we really had was that dalm "beast" bastard in a jet. Off radar constantly in a jet and good with the automatic hellcat mini gun attached to it. Sugar cookie was a sport though. We just happened to be the racquets and he was the shuttlecock. 

• Like 4

I had to get on Google to look up, what I thought was badmitton just found out there's a dalm N in there. Reason I had to look it up I couldn't remember what the lil rubbered thing ya smacked was and just as I hit enter I said BIRDIE got to lookin and saw shuttlecock I said yup fuck a birdie. Sometimes ya forget shit for a reason. To learn better shit. Cause sometimes the red neck southwest Virginia term ain't always the coolest. 

• Like 3

I had no clue what that damn thing was called either, and I took badminton as a college course.  Twice.

Got back on later and ran into more crappy dots.  I wound up spending more time on roofs than I usually do - no idea why.  

Was on one of those low roofs a couple blocks west of the downtown pay and spray for a while - one of the few I like to get on.  Saw some passive guy rolling up on me.  Kept thinking surely he's not gonna do this is he?  In 2016?  Sure enough, he rolled right up on me.  For a while he was flipping me off, I think - hard to tell when he's half invisible.  Then he got right on top of me, came out passive, got whacked in the back of the head with my shotgun, and ate a couple dozen shotgun rounds for good measure.  Real subtle dumbass.

Got to thinking about it, and realized that for most situations it's got to the point where it's just understood how we're gonna handle it without even discussing.  With both tanks yesterday, all somebody had to do was holler tank, and we immediately went into the usual procedure.  First one didn't last a minute.  Second one only lasted a bit longer because it was farther away and there were a bunch of other dots that melraz had to avoid before he could get to it.

• Like 2

You and I both know that ain't happening.

Yeah, generally when we are discussing a situation, we're making fun of planning an attack. Usually one word does the trick, like "tank" or "roof." It''s generally "find dot, kill dot" otherwise.

Them fixing whatever was buggy about loading in has officially gotten on my nerves. I. can't get into a room of less than 24, and I've got drugs to sell, dalmit.

• Like 3