DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Amen, on that Buzzard comment. I'm a devout Buzzard enthusiast.

But yeah, you could skin the cat as a solo CEO with crates and work, if you played your cards right. However, you actually need a viable crew to trudge through with these. Which is a good thing, because nothing beats teamwork, as lame as that comes across. 

Though I'm not wearing them on Lady Petrol (must preserve my dunce hat), amongst the bevy of new clothing options for guys are Macho Man goggles and bandanas. Which gave me a hearty laugh, but was equally depressing since the person I was ogling at the clothes shop had no idea who Randy Savage was. 

By the way, I forget who it was in this thread from the crew, but one of the MC missions is to kill a target via a specific weapon. One of them being a broken bottle. So, there's your moment, whoever you are. 

I tried to deliver some supplies in an armored car in a room with about 16 people in it. It didn't end well. Three guys in the same MC just abused me. I delivered one batch before that without hassle, but the Sons of Anarchy (groan) couldn't resist getting involved the second time around.

An actual youtube Havoc sighting!

So, I was doing deathmatches earlier with these lads and it was supposed to be 3 vs 2, but my partner left before it started. So they get one kill, and the guy's doing infinite rolls like you can't actually do in the game - there's a pause between them. So I level the scores, get into a car and drive away. He sends Mercs after me, then sends me a text saying "You are a p u s s y". 

Later on, in the post-match screen, he admits he's got a modded account and he can do infinite combat rolls and his infinite ammo on all weapons (which I hate, fucking Rocket spammers) and it's impossible to get auto-aim on him anyway. So I turn it around and point on that as he was the one unwilling to fight on a level playing field, he's the pussy for not daring to play fair even with a numbers edge. And now we're friends and he wants to do make sure we're on the same team next time we do deathmatches, because AND I QUOTE "It's impossible to camp against you; Every time I think I'm safe, you're either behind me or a grenade you've thrown is. And even if I get you, I'm sniped through the skull half a second later. I'd love to have a guy like that on my team".

It's an odd combination of Twitch channel of us improbably getting our ass kicked (sometimes) by a Level 100 and a wrestling podcast.

I haven't been that angry about getting killed in a while, for some reason. We had the infamous session where a Level 500-plus and 300-plus were beating 5 of us down, which was no fun, but this guy wasn't half the player those two were. He was living in luckyland, and it was pissing me off. We eventually started coming down on him a bit before he left, but it took us a while to find our sea legs on him, that's for sure.

Then, we start to get some good crap going with the Horsemen and the servers just shit the bed, no getting on online. But not before we ran a few people through the Deluxe Silver Package.

• Like 1

I rebooted everything short of climbing the pole and disconnecting the electrical coming into my house trying to get that shit going again last night. Stupid ass servers.

I did manage to win one round of heavy sniper versus the moonwalking pea shooter before I got dumped though.

Like a fly to shit, I got in the room and see three green dots near one white one. "Welp...looks like that guy is having a bad day. Time to go make it worse."

• Like 2

Three of us were on this afternoon playing Welcome Wagon - someone would come.into the room and we'd be there to greet them. Then they'd leave. Dunno why.

We also researched a new sticky bomb delivery service involving getting an airplane to balance on the roof of an SUV. More research is needed.

• Like 3

What's this new black inky thing on my leg?

8 solo style wins from the Burning Heart. 493-423 overall Deathmtach record. So whatever happens I get to 500 wins before I get the last unlock. 

I saw Melraz was on playing GTA by himself this morning.  While I was waiting for my coffee to brew, I invited him to a party and shot the shit with him until I took a sip...A SIP of coffee...then I had to go shoot the shit with the toilet (poop joke #1, don't worry, there will be a dick joke somewhere in this mess). 

Nate being the good guy that he is, tells me about all the stuff that just dropped for GTA 5 the other day.  I had no idea.  This is the second time I've been to the board since my third heart attack at the beginning of September.  I've been trying to lay off the video games so much, but I've played a bit of Destiny since the new expansion came out (the new raid is super easy, Iron Banner is happening this week too, spoiler alert, Efrideet is running all things IB now).  I've been exercising (went for a hike today, it's southern WV during autumn...absolutely beautiful outside), trying to eat healthier (for instance banana for breakfast, tuna (in water) for lunch, organic pasta sauce over vegetables for dinner), and I quit smoking cigarettes 5 weeks ago today (which was the day I had the heart attack). Pud tugging is over (told you there'd be a dick joke), I can get on with the GTA story.

So Nate is tellling me about this update, and I find my disc.  I'm helping him get supplies for his counterfeit operation and he lets me know you can have a weed business.

I still have over $12 million in the bank after buying the yacht, not to mention all the Adders on my 2nd character on here so I say fuckit, whynot right? 

I go balls deep & buy a clubhouse with upgrades about two blocks down from Trevor.  I only had 5 bikes for my clubhouse, and that simply wouldn't do.  I had to buy 5 more bikes, and upgrade those sumbitches...go big or go home right?  Around this time I notice for some reason there is a large geriatric group congregating outside my clubhouse...I don't know why.  I've blown them up multiple times, Damien has killed them all with a hatchet, fuckers keep coming back.

I buy into the weed business, upgrade that, then I'm off to get supplies.

Just like that I'm sucked back in.

Talked to Robert for a bit.

I probably should have listened to Nate and sold my product a little early while he was still on.  We kept getting shit canned lobbies where it would wipe everbody out so you could get some work done (the MC missions pay decent, but theres a lot of "drive here, do X, drive way the fuck off" involved with them and the supply runs).  I wanted to see how much I COULD earn if I waited until my stock was full before I tried to sell.   It should have been over $250k, but...it spawned three choppers for Damien and me to make deliveries.  When I started the "sell" portion, there were only 3 people in the lobby counting Damien and myself,  that changed VERY quickly.   By the time I got to the choppers Damien had already gotten killed once by another player, and the lobby was about half full.  

I hadn't really fucked with anyone besides NPC's all day.  I gave everyone a wide birth to do their thing while I ran supplies, did club missions and fucked off on motor cycles. I deliver 1/3 of the product, coming back around to pick up chopper #3 (damien was finally working on #2 at this point), and this happens:

for perspective on the 2nd rpg kill, since it's from Damien's activity feed and this is my first attempt at this sort of thing with youtube I couldn't splice this video into the longer video above....plus it's 5am and I've been up for 22.5 hours at this point.

I still made right at $200k on that, and the plants still grow even while I'm not there, or logged into the game.  I just need to keep supplies up.

Ended the night in a lobby with a mic-less RUkered, he was able to see the grow operation.

I clipped a bunch of stuff today, I could have probably made a longer video, and may still.  

TL;DR I sent $4.5 mil in game today, made $300k back...and just beat the breaks off BlitheredCow or whatever his name was.

Is=&st=2016-10-07T09:50:28Z&se=2016-10-0

image?url=imbJM3vwvcwNUnV76aRa.2z7i3kbLV

P.S.  The mugger got him fwiw, but he didn't have any money ;'(

Edited by misanthrope304
im STILL a dumbass
  • Like 3

Meanwhile I couldn't get shit to load with either GTA or Overwatch yesterday so I watched Family Feud clips and watch Larry Fitzgerald carry my fantasy team once again and called it a fucking night