DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh, I know about that spot, but we had four guys in our unit and two of them were camped behind that trailer.  Those guys were pros but I got stuck with a partner with ADD who refused to cover the back entrance which usually resulted in either me, him, or both of us getting shot full of holes.

He also paid the price for trying to be the first guy to get the RPG.  IMO. the heavy weapons are nigh usleless until you thin out the horde.  I used the minigun once or twice to destroy incoming Sandkings, but the best choice of tactics for me in later rounds was to hide behind a desk or a crate and blast incoming assholes with my sawed-off or lob grenades just outside of the barn. 

I really didn't need to use an RPG or the minigun to take out helicopters.  I just shot the pilot with my sniper rifle or my assault rifle as he hovered nearby.  I was curious to see if you could use the heli backup perk during Survival but I was too busy keeping my head down and returning fire.

I went swimming this morning in game before work to my boost Lung Capacity to Level 4 and I got a mission from Lester that recommends a SIX MAN TEAM to steal a cargo plane from Merryweather.

i am looking at you, fellow criminals!

Thanks for the video.  I never tried using that trailer before.

The spawn for the Industrial survial is right outside my new garage, so I tried that solo a couple of times.  I could only get to level 2 or 3 though because I can't find a good spot.  Any tips?  I don't have a rifle at this point, my supressed .50 pistol is pretty deadly at long range and I have the fully modded bullpup shotgun for upclose fire.

I just want to try doing it solo for shits & giggles.  I came up with a pretty good way of making quick cash.  The street outside of my garage has two stores and a Los Santos Customs, so I can rob the stores and sell a car and make $6-8K in a few minutes.  It is at least enough to pay for ammo for a session and put a little away towards an apartment.  Speaking of which, why can't you get an apartment in one of the towns?  I don't want to have to give up my vacation property.

Nizkoo TV has a bunch of tips for Survival maps.  Those are the guides I subscribe to.

Here is the one for the Industrial Plant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bd9GN50dTs

They give the usual practical advice but even they concede that this is a hard map.  I imagine that you want to find the best bottlenecks you can, so you'd either hide in a container or camp rooftops in the early waves. 

Rockstar watches the Youtube Vids and patches accordingly, so I think that a lot of the tactics used for Survival may be obsolete in a month or so.

• Like 1

I bought an apartment with a 10-car garage in Del Perro Heights last night - it was both an awesome accomplishment for me and made me sad that I regarded it as such an awesome accomplishment. A lot of finishing 11th in races went into that apartment. Now it's time to start filling that garage. I didn't really pay attention to what it was near - I should've looked for one near a paint shop so I can continue selling stolen cars on a daily basis.

What time are you usually online, jstout?  I always get your mission invites around midnight when I am about to crash.

I am guessing you are not Eastern Standard Time.

Yeah, I am, I just work a roughly 4 p.m.-midnight job and am usually not online until I get home. Plus it's harder to stay online if you're on during "prime time" like I am on my days off. Hard to join jobs, keep getting kicked off, etc.

Thanks for the video.  I never tried using that trailer before. The spawn for the Industrial survial is right outside my new garage, so I tried that solo a couple of times.  I could only get to level 2 or 3 though because I can't find a good spot.  Any tips?  I don't have a rifle at this point, my supressed .50 pistol is pretty deadly at long range and I have the fully modded bullpup shotgun for upclose fire. I just want to try doing it solo for shits & giggles.  I came up with a pretty good way of making quick cash.  The street outside of my garage has two stores and a Los Santos Customs, so I can rob the stores and sell a car and make $6-8K in a few minutes.  It is at least enough to pay for ammo for a session and put a little away towards an apartment.  Speaking of which, why can't you get an apartment in one of the towns?  I don't want to have to give up my vacation property.

6-8k? You're doing it wrong. Keep atleast 3 Ballers & felons in your garage(I'm assuming you have a 10 car), selling it & robbing should put you at 10-12k every hour.

Rockstar has not patched Boneyard!  Mark and I camped Ollie's spot and we got him the 10 Waves achievement.  IIRC he should also get the Platinum Medals for making it to the end and having max kills in one wave because I think he out shot me in two or three waves. 

We had a couple of idiots on our survival team.  One guy kept running around in the open and got blasted early everytime.  When he found out where we were, he kept trying to wedge himself by Mark to swipe Mark's spot behind the trailer.  One guy rage quit on Wave 9.  Who does that?

Anyway, things got interesting on Wave 10.  I don't know how, but Mark got kacked about 60-ish percent through the wave and the other guys died around the same time he did.  I finished the assault rifle toting rednecks on the ground first and then chipped away at the helicopters until I brought them down.  I had to switch to my Assault SMG because I was nearly out of 7.62mm for my assault rifle.. 

For a bunch of ditch-jumping hayseeds, they sure were well armed and well fianced (Armored helicopters? Really?).  Meth must be selling at a premium on the streets of San Andreas.

I can only imagine what you have to face in the higher-level Survivor matches.  Probably Annihilators or something equally crazy.

My proudest accomplishment to date is scoring a six-dart checkout!  One more Platinum Medal!

I played a little more of the storyline before getting ready for work.  While rolling out as Michael and looking for the cars that Marnie wanted for the higher level theses at Epsilon (Kifflom!), I ran across a girl being kidnapped by The Lost. 

Seizing upon this new opportunity to fire my free Assault SMG, I rescued her, listened to her story about being reformed former biker property, and ended up killing her uncles while they were chasing us while I was en route to dropping her off at a friend's house. 

I tried to outrun their bikes in my stolen Coil but they shot it full of holes and blew out the rear tires.  I was forced to fight and I managed to kill them all with pistol shots while still in what was left of my car (I shoulda took a picture of it..) and we finished the trip on one of the Lost's motorcycles that I later put in my safehouse garage as a trophy, because I remembered that someone in our crew took a picture of a Lost motorcycle and the seats of their bikes have the club logo on them.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that was Ashley Butler, Klebitz's former old lady.  Her clothes were too nice and there wasn't nearly enough talk about heroin in her story.

I haven't come across that stranger mission, but you do meet up with Ashley and Johnny when you start Trevor's missions. I won't spoil anything, but the fact that they're involved with Trevor means bad things are in store.

I haven't done any Epsilon missions with Michael. They emailed Franklin and I did their website bit no missions from that so far. Epsilon blocked Trevor's IP address :)

I got kicked for the first time last night. I was griefing a clan of racists (literally - their clan name is a slur) by making it near impossible for them to finish Down the Drain and then kamikazing them with a plane in free roam. I lost a good deal with money and got bad sport points, but it was worth it.

• Like 2

For a bunch of ditch-jumping hayseeds, they sure were well armed and well fianced (Armored helicopters? Really?).  Meth must be selling at a premium on the streets of San Andreas.

If you play more into Trevor's missions, there is enough meth coming out of northern San Andreas to interest both the Mexican cartel and Chinese Triads.  There is also an army base in the area that doesn't protect its' convoys too well.  Not to mention both the FIB and IAC wanting a slice of the pie so they will try to pit gangs/dealers against each other.  So there is a lot of cash and weaponary flowing around the local meth trade.

So last night I decide to do one of those Gang Wars, 'cause I was in the neighborhood of one and I figured it'd be good practice for Survival missions. I'm trying to hold my own, but getting completely overwhelmed, when suddenly, here comes the calvary - I notice the "DVDR" pop up, and (I think) cyberinsekt joined me in wiping out the advancing hordes. It's good to have people who have your back on the mean streets of Los Santos. Then some asshole tried to grief me and got shot in the head for his trouble.

The air was thick with griefers last night - I'd get shot, respawn, and immediately get shot again. I finally managed to run away and throw on passive mode to stop the carnage. It seems like a pansy move to go into passive mode, but Jesus, they don't give you time to get situated before you're shot again. Why do people get their jollies out of fucking up someone else's experience? I understand going after people who have bounties on their heads, that's fine.

It's a condundrum, because I don't know whether trying to defend myself and shoot back is just encouraging them to continue being assholes, but dammit, I want my pound of flesh. Two of them were riding around in helicopters so I got on a building far away from them and started shooting at them with my sniper rifle - they never came at me.