DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Did the Paleto Bay bank job, and then bought the old dock and started collecting Nuclear Waste. It takes you all the way around the map...and Trevor's exiled from the city at this point, because he's got Madrazzo's wife. So I'm cutting through the river to the south, and my radar is full of red blips that are Madrazzo's hit squads, drviing around bridges and trying to figure out how to shoot someone who's in a submarine.

Later, another red blip showed up, and it was a shark. But I don't think Madrazzo sent it.

That was my first experience with a shark. I remember wondering "who the fuck is shadowing me in this sub?". Then I saw the shark. Oopsies!

Wasn't until much later that I became chum.

For all the whiners who said "you're not supposed to kill each other in Freemode, you're supposed to live in peace and harmony," this new update makes Rockstar's position on the matter very clear - kill away.

I only played two of the new events, but they were both tailored toward ruining your fellow man's day - one was a competition between everyone in Freemode to see who can get the most headshots on players in a certain amount of time - NPCs, cops, etc. don't count.

The other was mass fucking chaos. They put a briefcase somewhere on the map, and the person who's holding it when the timer expires wins $20,000. This was nucking futs. There were about 7-8 dots, one guy in a helicopter and three (yes, three) tanks going after that briefcase, so the general area turns into this gigantic scrum where someone's always getting shot and someone's always spawning up your ass. No real use going after the tanks, really, because that's not the goal - having that briefcase is.

Plus, when it's over, suddenly you're in a scrum of about 12 or so with nothing better to do than keep killing each other. I went into passive and caught a ride out of there from another dude in passive. Robert would love it. Me, I was like "jeezis, screw this."

Best cosmetic change: You can now turn the blue job location blips off on your big map and little map. Also, you no longer automatically trigger a job when you step into a blue circle. You have to push left or right (forgot which) on the D-pad to get the job to start. So, no more accidentally walking into a job or being spawned into a job and having the job automatically start.

No new clothes, cars, etc. No fourth garage.

• Like 3

Damn, that sounds like so much fun.  I appreciate them creating the giant scrum generator for me.  Plus maybe the headshot contest will be enough to drag melraz over to the One.

I'd forgotten the update had hit.  I haven't played at all since the last time we were on together - maybe two weeks ago.  Need to get back to shooting dots if my son will ever get over this cold and start sleeping at night.  As it was, I fell asleep in a rocking chair at 4:15 in the morning with him in my lap.  Woke up a couple hours later after a dream where Doogie Howser and 3 vampire women in bikinis were trying to drown me.  Then it took me 5 minutes to get feeling back in my left leg from the position I was in.  Sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug.

• Like 3

Yeah, that's dirt simple.  Just get an armored Kuruma and enjoy a leisurely drive around while you get furious cops and $10,000.  

I really want to skip the gym and go home and play.   Hell, I want to fake sick and go home and play!  

The Hunt the Beast game sounds incredibly fun. 

Roast, apologies for not popping on earlier last night, but I was racing with my racing peeps.

Of course, I join in, and it's Bring Your Insurgent to Work Day, with about 25 of them running around in a spirited little battle. I managed to blow up Roast's while trying to chuck sticky bombs at a gunner Insurgent.

Then I played that Penned In game (which is why I abandoned you, Roast, I hadn't done that one yet), and it's a hoot. It was me and another guy, and I didn't even try to push him out of the circle like I should have. The circle gets hilariously small at the end. It's great.

• Like 2

Holy hell, they've reintroduced mass chaos in a whole new way.   

Before you got on stout, I did my objectives and was near the northernmost main road in town (whatever their name for Hollywood Blvd is) and I get notification, the next event is "Most Cars Stolen" (only NPC's count). So I go to a nearby intersection, park my Insurgent in front of one of the lights as the counter goes off.   Nice little traffic jam created successfully. 2 minutes, let's do this.

I jump out to a lead quickly darting in and out of everyone's cars.  Get to about 15 when I realize, I've got 3 stars and another player trying to shoot me because, GTA.  

I respawn, see the game has despawned the majority of the cars I 'stole' while I was dead which is good because the next wave of traffic came in and I'm about 2 behind the leader with about 45 seconds left. I go back to stealing and tie the leader.  I see the guy who shot me pop up again, and hear him shooting. I decide not to fuck around this time, Combat MG, blow him away and go back to stealing.

30 seconds left, I'm back to behind by 1 with no cars coming.  Fortunately, there was a car parked, so I ran over, got in and tied.  Then two cars came up, I stole one and took the lead with about 10 seconds left, got out and get in the one behind for insurance.   Buzzer.

I need the insurance, I won by 1. Most fun $11k I've made in this game in forever.  

• Like 4

Damn, that sounds like so much fun. I appreciate them creating the giant scrum generator for me. Plus maybe the headshot contest will be enough to drag melraz over to the One.

I'd forgotten the update had hit. I haven't played at all since the last time we were on together - maybe two weeks ago. Need to get back to shooting dots if my son will ever get over this cold and start sleeping at night. As it was, I fell asleep in a rocking chair at 4:15 in the morning with him in my lap. Woke up a couple hours later after a dream where Doogie Howser and 3 vampire women in bikinis were trying to drown me. Then it took me 5 minutes to get feeling back in my left leg from the position I was in. Sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug.

That is one hell of a dream. I'm laughing my ass off. Mine are so boring that they don't hold a candle to vampire bikini ladies. Did you watch an Elvira marathon before you passed out?

All this new stuff sounds fun as hell. I haven't been on since we all last played, but I should have some time tonight if anyone is around. I just hope I'm around at some point to see Robert racking up headshots on fools.

• Like 1

There was a huge scrum way up north during one of those "steal the car" ones - the person who is in the car when the timer expires wins - and I'm sneaking up on the car, trying to be stealthy, and I get to it and the car is a tractor. I get the door open when someone shoots me.

Several of them are just ab-so-lute mass chaos.

• Like 1

Damn, that sounds like so much fun. I appreciate them creating the giant scrum generator for me. Plus maybe the headshot contest will be enough to drag melraz over to the One.

I'd forgotten the update had hit. I haven't played at all since the last time we were on together - maybe two weeks ago. Need to get back to shooting dots if my son will ever get over this cold and start sleeping at night. As it was, I fell asleep in a rocking chair at 4:15 in the morning with him in my lap. Woke up a couple hours later after a dream where Doogie Howser and 3 vampire women in bikinis were trying to drown me. Then it took me 5 minutes to get feeling back in my left leg from the position I was in. Sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug.

That is one hell of a dream. I'm laughing my ass off. Mine are so boring that they don't hold a candle to vampire bikini ladies. Did you watch an Elvira marathon before you passed out?

Naw, I just went 8 months without sleeping.  I do have the Oak Ridge Boys singing Elvira in my head now, though.

• Like 3

So I killed a Shark with a Sawn-Off Shotgun...

EDIT: So I killed two Sharks with a Sawn-Off Shotgun, and killed another one by running it over with a Dinghy...

• Like 1

Popped this in for nostalgia's sake. Started off easy, stealing cars in solo and playing a round of golf. (Shot a -5) Then it was time for freemode.

I'd acquired a 7k bounty stealing cars, so I figured folks would come to me. I got up on the roof near my building, I looked around for a snipe. While I was climbing up, someone appeared to be getting on the letter below me, so I stuck a proximity mine at the top of the second ladder. He left the room though before he could trigger it.

The first victim was out of normal visual range, but I sniped him in his car, getting a $1k bounty from him. Two guys were in an armed insurgent, and while I took a few shots at them, I wasn't able to hit them.

Meanwhile the guy I'd sniped was angling through the hills trying to get a shot at me. As soon as he moved into visual range, I sniped him again. Meanwhile, the insurgent was now near the building, but it was right under me so I had no shot. And someone else was bringing in a tank.

Fortunately, that someone else happened to suck. I hit him with 2 RPGs before he even moved, and a third while he was in motion, blowing up the tank. Meanwhile, the dude I'd killed twice had managed to blow up the insurgent. He would leave, but the two from the insurgent would come for my bounty.

They spawned on the ground, across the street from me. I threw a couple of sticky bombs down at them, and managed to nail one. He'd spawn back at the door at my apartment, while the other one started climbing the ladder up to the crane. I blew up the one who respawned, and the ladder climber found my proximity mine the hard way.

At this point, another asshole joined the mix, this one on passive mode. He climbed the ladder and parachuted onto my building. I decided no way was the bounty going to this motherfucker, so when he went around the corner I threw a prox mine and jumped off the building. I spawn somewhere safe, call my car, and as I'm driving away, the dick on the roof finds my proximity mine.

Final tally: 7 kills, including a tank. 1 death, self inflicted. No bounty lost.

Conclusion: I STILL GOT IT *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Like 3

Boy, Roast and I found ourselves in the middle of a fight when we were both going after the briefcase in the Dead Drop event. I wound up finishing third after I was the first one to it. It's total time spent with the briefcase, not whoever has it when the time expires. Made $10,000 for third.

At one point, the guy who had it jumped in the water (good move), and about three people dove in after him. They got him, and the briefcase sat in the water. I was behind everyone in a perfect spot to snipe shit out of people while they were busy dealing with the many threats around them, trying to run interference for Roast's tries at the briefcase.

You're both trying to figure out where the briefcase is while trying to keep your eyes on the other dots, and it's tough. When it started, I could see this huge throng head toward where the briefcase was, and I'm like "oh, dear."

• Like 2

You know shit is serious when Stout starts to worry.  

That being said, holy hell.  That thing is pure insanity.  I was running interference and shooting dots approaching stout while he had the briefcase. All you're doing is shooting people in the face while trying to get to whatever idiot actually has the briefcase.   

At the end, I grabbed it out of the water, stout had cleared out enough for me to get up the ladder and look for a car.  I finally found one, but my heart sank as my idiot character was busy hotwiring and I saw someone approaching.  I don't think I've shouted louder at a fictional character "FASTER YOU MORON."  

Didn't help. 

• Like 2

Not shockingly, Rockstar says there's not going to be any single player DLC.

While GTA Online has seen itself receiving a slew of updates since its launch, Grand Theft Auto V and its single-player story has had nothing, despite mention of "substantial" story DLC touted for 2014. Clearly, that didn't materialise and that's not set to change, as Rockstar has stated it's simply not on the cards, as the team has completely shifted its focus to providing content for GTA Online.

“Right now our focus is on GTA Online which has exceeded our expectations,” Rockstar's Design Director Imran Sarwar told IGN when quizzed about the possibility of solo story content. “We currently have all key members of the team that launched Grand Theft Auto V focused on supporting GTA Online in every capacity.”

Don't expect any new Heists though. The selection released is all you're going to get, as they were much harder to make than Rockstar had originally anticipated. “Heists have been a huge success, and they really revitalised the GTA Online community,” Sarwar added.

“Heists encourage people to play together while giving them the chance to earn serious amounts of cash. However, as we’ve said before they were also a lot harder to make than we initially thought they would be, and it took us multiple tries to come up with the design that we eventually launched - but we believe and hope it was well worth the wait for everyone.

“They were a tremendous undertaking and for now we have other ideas for GTA Online that we’re working to deliver,” said Sarwar. That means Grand Theft Auto V's future lies exclusively in GTA Online, with a lot more content to come, including the Freemode Events Update coming next week, although there'll be no future updates for PS3 and Xbox 360, as Rockstar claims its reached the technical capacity of what last-gen consoles can handle.

And obviously, don't expect any GTA 5 story DLC.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-17203-New-GTA-5-Heists-or-Story-DLC-Not-Part-of-Rockstar-s-Plans.html

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

• Like 1

Well, look at it this way.  The last time, the last time they unofficially cancelled a DLC/Expansion Pack, it morphed into Vice City.  

I hope whatever they had planned for the story mode is becoming something even more awesome in GTA 6.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that they're putting resources into online support instead of doing single player DLC.  The whole point of this for them is to make money, and DLC you can charge money for seems to be the clearest way to that goal.  Maybe they're selling more shark cards than I think.  Somebody must be buying that gold plated jet, I guess, and that thing costs about $125 in real money if you use a shark card.

Gonna try to get on tonight.  Little man slept through the night last night, so I actually got some rest for once.  

• Like 1