DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I haven't played a game with J.T. In like 8 months, and I'm still his go-to example of raging at people. :(

Think of it this way.  You left a lasting impression! :)

"I lost that stupid race.  It gets the Big Fresh Thumbs Down."

I haven't played a game with J.T. In like 8 months, and I'm still his go-to example of raging at people. :(

To be fair, it's still called the "Fresh Thumbs Down Rating" for a reason.

You guys still call it that? I'm a legend!!!!

Are you kidding? That's a part of DVDR crew GTA lore right up there with Mary Lou, Allah Akbar and "sorry."

I love playing freemode with J.T., 'cause he's going on about triangulating and having someone's six and the night shift's freemode strategy can be summed up in "find dot. kill dot." We're hilariously poor at teamwork.

We are all Anderson brothers.  I am all about keeping opponents on our side of the ring.

I hit the clothing store and bought all of the tactical hoodies and decided that I need a Dinka Jester racecar and a Hakouchou for my Alta Street garage and Dinka Enduro for my beach house in Paleto Bay.  Eventually I am going to have all of my off-road cars and dirt bikes at the beach house and my street rods and motorcycles at Alta Street.

Yeah, I hate this game.  I am getting in deep again..

I see that the Canis Mesa Off-Road is finally in the game but I glitched to get mine into my garage a long time ago.  Can you get custom tire mods for it, or is that still fucked up?

The Hakouchou is nearly $100K.  We need to start robbin' some fuckin' banks.  Someone needs to roll with me to get this fucking Intro heist done.

If only Lester's assistance Paige looked more like wwe Paige.

I was thinking the same thing.  If GTA were awesome like Saints Row, Rockstar would've put WWE Paige into the game as a character.

Poo.  You can't drive a Karin Kuruma until after you complete The Fleeca Job.

Yeah I saw the unlock message right before I hopped off.

I am sure that it will cost pretty much all the money I earned last night

I am not getting rid of my Elegy because it was the low low cost of absolutely free, but I am probably going to make the armored Kuruma my go-to street vehicle.

It will probably cost a fortune to upgrade.

We need to buy one of those Goliath thingies.  I have a bad feeling we will need a heavy duty vehicle for that Prison Break heist.

Well, the payoff for that "Cause Mayhem in the Purple Circle" mini-mission is alright, isn't it? $10,000 for ten minutes of cop killing? Even though they killed me as soon as I tried to bank it. I'd assumed it would be like a Gang Attack, where you can't kill other players, but then someone called WhoShotYu? turned up and Cristobal murdered him instantly, so it's not. And then we made our getaway in the first car I could see, a Dinka Blista. European escape technique, use the smallest car you can find and go down narrow alleys. It's the first time I've had a 5* wanted level and not been in a Tank, and we made it clean to LS Customs no bother. Well, a little bother.

So weird, seeing white dots in Freemode. We should go to Lester's factory and camp there, to spawn kill people who've just completed set-ups.

And then we made our getaway in the first car I could see, a Dinka Blista. European escape technique, use the smallest car you can find and go down narrow alleys.

Ha!  This is why I keep my Elegy to use on getaways.  I have watched Ronin one too many times.

I am not getting rid of my Elegy because it was the low low cost of absolutely free, but I am probably going to make the armored Kuruma my go-to street vehicle.

It will probably cost a fortune to upgrade.

We need to buy one of those Goliath thingies.  I have a bad feeling we will need a heavy duty vehicle for that Prison Break heist.

Stout and I both bought armored Kurumas.  They cost 560K, I think, plus maybe 400K in upgrades.  I love driving it though.  Only downside I see is that I can't throw sticky bombs out the windows. 

We didn't need to buy anything special for the prison break heist.  Did unlock several vehicles when we finished it, though.  Sounds like Stout already bought one of em.  That heist is amazing, though there was one REALLY frustrating part.

Stout and I were the two that went into the prison.  The game insinuates that you're going in unnoticed, at least at first, but the damn guards kept alerting almost as soon as we got off the bus.  It took us about 3 tries to realize that that's just the way it works.

Fighting our way out of there, alternating giving each other cover, while watching melraz overhead in a buzzard fighting off the jet fighters that were trailing Dan just about made the heists worth the wait on their own.

I keep making the mistake of thinking I need to lose the cops at the end of the heists.  For the first two, I just had to drive somewhere and the structure of the heist took care of that problem for me.

I haven't done the Prison Break. But I've seen  a youtube of it, and if the guy who's playing the prisoner tries to run or pulls up his weapon wheel, that breaks his handcuffs and makes it a combat mission. I don't know what happens if you just walk, if you can fool them indefinitely... presumably it become a fight at some point or other. But we'll see. Try walking to a more defensible position before blowing your cover.

Yeah, I am going to watch some vids of the Prison Break heist. 

It would be nice if part of the set-up was stealing police uniforms so that you could disguise yourself as cops to minimize combat, but GTA5 hasn't traditionally been about subterfuge. 

It is the GTA5 way to just perform a frontal assault on a fucking prison.  I guess this is a callback to Lost & The Damned where Johnny and the crew drive into the prison on fucking choppers to assassinate Billy.

If you're talking about the setup, J.T., you do walk in dressed as cops to steal something. Jogged in and out, back into a shot-to-hell police cruiser to leave. Nothing suspicious there...

I had to quit before the actual heist, so I have no idea about that.

Robert, speaking of weird cop things, when we had to steal the prison bus, we could NOT get the cops off our ass, even when we were definitely out of their line of sight. Had to get out of the bus and suddenly the wanted level started blinking.

Same thing happened again when me and the random with us stole the cop car. We were in a damn tunnel and it still did nothing. Once I got out of the car, we lost them.

I'm not saying that was a bug when y'all did the actual heist, but something definitely seemed wonky to us last night.

I will say this, these heists immediately made me a more careful player. I don't dick around much in regular missions, but the pressure is definitely on here to not be the jerk that costs a team life. I go through snacks and armor like a crackhead.

• Like 1

I had shit like that happen to me in the normal Online some time ago.   I hid in the subway tunnels for thirty minutes after hitting an armored car and still could not shake my wanted level.  I think it is a bug.

I haven't done the Prison Break. But I've seen  a youtube of it, and if the guy who's playing the prisoner tries to run or pulls up his weapon wheel, that breaks his handcuffs and makes it a combat mission. I don't know what happens if you just walk, if you can fool them indefinitely... presumably it become a fight at some point or other. But we'll see. Try walking to a more defensible position before blowing your cover.

The second time we did the mission, I know Stout accidentally hit the weapon wheel the second time.  He was taking it really slow, so I doubt he ran, especially the third time.  We just started shooting everything we could see as soon as they gave any indication something was up, and that worked out.

One other thing we noticed.  There is a preliminary mission for that heist where you have to steal a civilian car.  It made it much easier to have two of us in that car, rather than having the second guy in a chase car.  The new in-car shooting scheme worked wonders.

I will say this, these heists immediately made me a more careful player. I don't dick around much in regular missions, but the pressure is definitely on here to not be the jerk that costs a team life. I go through snacks and armor like a crackhead.

Oh I definitely agree on this.  You have to be really careful, and you have to communicate.  It really brings something new to the game.  I never really care if I die in regular missions, but this is very different.  I went through about 4 armors shooting my way out of that damn prison. 

Watch for that wanted level bug - as long as we were all together, we stayed in the cops' sight, but as soon as I got out of the prison bus, my level started flashing and the map cleared up. I just went down a hill and lost them immediately. We all lost our levels individually and then regrouped.

After getting out of the heist late a couple of nights ago, I went to about two or three stores buying them out of candy bars. Rolling into every heist with a full stash of armor and snacks is a total must - you can buy weaponry in the start screens like in a mission, and can buy one bit of armor, but that's it.

The armored car is slower than you'd wish it to be, but since it's so slow, it's very maneuverable. It was a cute buy, but I'm not sure where it fits in with me, because I never drive personal cars in Freemode (since I do enjoy car bombing people) and it's not something I'm gonna race. Maybe it would come in handy in a mission, or I could use it as a personal car now in future heists, I guess, if it would come in handy. But it is slow.

Dan and I used the "trip skip" feature last night. It cost us $4,000. We used it poorly and skipped about a mile trip, but I'd pay $4,000 to not have to drive three miles to Trevor's, for example.

This sounds crazy, but I've had a real pinch on my garage space lately. I'm trying to leave room for multiple car bombing cars (Sultans) and multiple gang cars, and it's not working out. Plus I've grabbed several new cars in racing classes 'cause my racing buddies use them all the time and they know what they're doing. But I'm afraid to let go of the old ones. #FirstWorldGTAProblems

I really think that Casco is gonna be one of the elite of the Sports Classics racing class. It's a combination of fast and driveable you typically don't see in that class. As far as buzzing around town? Useless. But if it's a better racer than my Z-Type, I have no qualms about canning that sucker.

Oh, I'm right there with you on garage space.  I think I've got 1-2 spot free.  I can get rid of my second mesa, that I use as an ignition bomb trap, and probably the sports car that came out 1-2 updates back. 

And this is gonna sound stupid coming from somebody that's been playing this as long as me, but how do you buy snacks?

If i ever get out of this dalm motel jt we can tackle the intro heist if you still havent done it. I will hopefully be on later tonight during the daytime tomorrow and then my usual night shift hours tomorrow night if im not back at work.

It's mostly gonna be night shift hours for me, till maybe next Tuesday.  The baby is giving his momma a hard time right now, and I'm not crazy enough to tell her I'm gonna skip out on baby duties for 3 hours during the evening to play GTA.

• Like 1

To me at least, the key to being the prisoner is getting your guard to drive nearby to get some ammo after getting on the bus, otherwise it doesn't save. It really helps out to at least stock up on a better gun or more AP ammo. Maybe that's just my theory after doing it a few times.

We were having a bit of a clouds and swirling circles session, so we decided to try some regular missions. It looked like they've upped the payouts a bit, because we were coining it. Then Havoc joined and said he had Prison Break all set up and ready to go, so we did that.

I was Demolition. I think that might be the easiest of the four jobs.

Not damaged Rashkowski we managed.

Nobody dying we basically managed (Havoc somehow managed to kill himself doing the ending parachute jump).

4 minutes and 40 seconds is a fucking big ask.